When 'Leftie Obamists' Attack
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:51:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When 'Leftie Obamists' Attack  (Read 1175 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »

Robert Dreyfuss, the leftie Obamist who in his spare time pretends to be a journalist, attacked Iraq’s Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari on his The Nation-linked blog today and denounced him as a “puppet” for presuming to give leftie candidate Barack Obama a much-needed geography lesson on Iraq. Marc Lynch, another leftie Obamist—he of that curious knack for passing the original thoughts of others as his own—summoned the meager reserves of Iraq ‘expertise’ at his disposal to snidely peg Zebari as the “epitome of Green Zone elite” while commenting on Dreyfuss’s piece.

Zebari’s four brothers were executed by the Saddam regime. Zebari has endured the crappy life—and I mean really, really crappy life—of guerrilla warfare in the service of the Kurdish cause. He was then tasked with being the international face of this cause, leading a thankless life full of dearth, aggravation and bone-crushing despair, the abject darkness of which can only be attested by those who’ve gone through such an experience. In a testimony to his skills, his cause found more and more traction over the years, and he’s rubbed shoulders with some of the world’s craftiest politicos, spooks, journos, and diplomats.

But I guess his greatest virtue was to be forgiveness: to compromise on the goals that he had sacrificed so much for, in exchange for what may pass as happiness for both Arabs and Kurds in Iraq. Consequently, he chose to represent the new Iraq to the world, a job that’s he’s been doing reasonably well.

In other words, he is far more accomplished and seasoned, as his record clearly demonstrates, than that wet-behind-the-floppy-ears novice they call Barack Obama.

Yet in times like these, wanna-be sissies such as Dreyfuss and Lynch, those glamorous play-it-safe ‘guerilla’ bloggers, allow themselves to condescendingly belittle a man such as Zebari.

I know Zebari personally, and I’ve been a critic of his, both publicly and to his face. But I am always mindful of his ‘mileage’, the mileage of suffering and forgiveness, endured for a noble cause. I am forever awed by such people, and even though I may disagree with them, I would never belittle such a man or his past.

Obama would do well to seek the counsel of such a man. I'm sure John McCain would; he'd know the value of Zebari's adversity-tested wisdom, for I guess it takes one to know one.

Plus, Zebari is probably the best dancer I've ever seen--by my reckoning he can out-perform any professional in pulling off those Kurdish dances--for, as his brother-in-law the legendary Mulla Mustafa Barzani once said, "He who can't dance is not a Kurd."

PS: My conspiratorial imagination has always presumed that certain pretend-journos are an unwitting conduit for smear campaigns originating from Langley, Va. But don't listen to me, I'm crazy!
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »

So do you only wear your tinfoil hat at night, or do you wear it all the time?
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:47:33 PM »

Tinfoil is the new black so of course all the time.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:44:21 AM »

http://talismangate.blogspot.com/2008/06/when-leftie-obamists-attack.html

Breaking news: Blogger rants about bloggers. Read more about it at my blog.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies