DWTL Emergency Senate Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:15:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Emergency Senate Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: DWTL Emergency Senate Campaign Headquarters  (Read 7434 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »

Fmr. Sen. DownWithTheLeft called a press confrence this afternoon to annouce the following:

Due to Sam's shocking announcement, as many of you probably already know, I have entered the race for Southeast senate.  Anyone who wishes to ask questions/post endorsement of me may do so here.  As a new policy, I will not respond to all comments if they are meant solely as shots at my campaign

BTW, to soothe the concerns of some, I would not introduce any new bills in the first two months of my term
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »

Fmr. Sen. DownWithTheLeft called a press confrence this afternoon to annouce the following:

Due to Sam's shocking announcement, as many of you probably already know, I have entered the race for Southeast senate.  Anyone who wishes to ask questions/post endorsement of me may do so here.  As a new policy, I will not respond to all comments if they are meant solely as shots at my campaign

BTW, to soothe the concerns of some, I would not introduce any new bills in the first two months of my term

What was his shocking announcement?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 06:23:46 PM »

Deregistration, Mr. Acting SoFA. You should've noticed.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

Technically, I never handed over the voter lists to Inks... I was more concerned with his handling of the election than the voting registrations and deregistrations in the meantime.  And, oh yeah, that reminds me: I have to process that deregistration.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »

I'm not the acting SoFA, I'm the Deputy SoFA, and there's no reason that that would concern me now, unless he tried to vote.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

I'm not the acting SoFA, I'm the Deputy SoFA, and there's no reason that that would concern me now, unless he tried to vote.

You're Deputy SoFA and Acting SoFA. And I was just kidding. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:36 PM »

You're Deputy SoFA and Acting SoFA. And I was just kidding. Smiley

You need to learn how to show some respect, you 13-year-old brat!  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »

Technically, I never handed over the voter lists to Inks... I was more concerned with his handling of the election than the voting registrations and deregistrations in the meantime.  And, oh yeah, that reminds me: I have to process that deregistration.

Is it "legal" to de-register?  I have never heard of such a thing.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:59:58 PM »

I did consider the question, and in my opinion, if it is his desire to no longer be a registered voter, and if it is possible to process that desire without difficulty, then it shall be done.

Sam is, of course, welcome to re-register at any time.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 10:02:29 PM »

Well, I must say it is sad to see Sams announcment. If this is to mean he will not be running for his Senate seat, that I at this time, endorse former Senator DWTL to replace him. Although I have run against him in the past, and do not agree with many of his policies, I believe that the former Senator will bring energy, and activity to our now siesta filled Senate.

We need some more (or just need 1) conservative voice in the Senate, to help balance out the issues, and I think Down is the man.

Best of luck to you in your write-in campaign.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »

Well, I must say it is sad to see Sams announcment. If this is to mean he will not be running for his Senate seat, that I at this time, endorse former Senator DWTL to replace him. Although I have run against him in the past, and do not agree with many of his policies, I believe that the former Senator will bring energy, and activity to our now siesta filled Senate.

We need some more (or just need 1) conservative voice in the Senate, to help balance out the issues, and I think Down is the man.

Best of luck to you in your write-in campaign.
Thank you Mr. Governor for your well wishes, hopefully the people of the Southeast share your enthusiasm Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:14 PM »

It was enacted into legislation quite a long time ago - probably part of Peter's Electoral System Reform Act, or one of those bills.

Mainly enacted because people had asked to deregister in the past.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:48:57 PM »

I, too, endorse DWTL. He'll make the Senate fun again.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »

ABG (Anyone but Gporter)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »

A few things that I felt necessiated reposting:

A few of my votes in the senate:
Resolution Amendming Dean of the Senate: AYE (9-0-1)
Acceptance of Science Bill: NAY (4-5)
Carbon Tax Act: AYE (7-0)
Fairness to the Office Holder Amendment: AYE (8-0-2)[/color]
Copyrights Bill: AYE (6-0)
Perjury Bill: AYE (6-0)
Introduction to Atlasia Bill: AYE (7-0)
Darfur Divestment Bill: NAY (6-1)
Liberalization of Sex Laws Bill: AYE(5-1)

At some point introducing this bill:

Legalization of Heroin Bill

Section 1: Findings
1. Heroin is a white, crystalline, narcotic powder, C21H23NO5, derived from morphine, formerly used as an analgesic and sedative.
2. The pharmaceutical price of heroin is only 5% of the average street price of heroin.

Section 2: Applicability
1. This law shall remove all federal restrictions on heroin in addition to legalization in Nyman and other federal territories which do not form a region.
2. The Regions of Atlasia shall be free to legalize and regulate heroin in any manner which they may choose.

Section 3: In Regards to the Legal Status of Heroin
1. The possession and consumption of heroin shall be legal.
2. This law shall not be interpreted as to decriminalize driving under the influence of heroin.
3. Penalties for driving under the influence of heroin shall be the same as those for driving under the influence of alcohol and other substances.

Section 4: Taxation
1. Taxes on heroin will be 30% per gram.  Individual regions may set their own taxes on heroin as they see fit in addition to the federal tax which shall not exceed 20%.
2. Federal revenue raised from taxes on heroin shall be spent as follows:
   a.) 50% to a newly created National Opiate Addiction Help Center
   b.) 25% to funding for the needle exchange program created by the Atlasian Policy Regarding HIV/AIDS
   c.) 25% to improvements to federal interstate highways
3. Regional revenue generated from sales of heroin shall be used however the region deems necessary by a vote of the people upon voting for legalization.
4. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall not be funded by any other taxes.
5. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall focus on treatment options not involving methodone

Section 5: Purchases
1. Heroin shall be available at any licensed pharmacies.
2. Heroin shall not require a prescription but will kept behind the counter under all circumstances.
3. Individuals not in possession of the proper licenses shall still be prohibited from selling heroin.

Section 6: Age Restrictions
1. No one under the age of 18 shall be allowed to purchase heroin
2. Any pharmacist selling heroin to a person under the age of 18 shall be subject to any of the following:
   a.) a fine not to exceed $100,000
   b.) 30 days in a regional prison
   c.) a suspension or revokal of license

*Vote against all attempts to end regions
*Vote against all attempts to join absurd international treaties to take the interests of Atlasia away from being the top priority

I will continue to accept endorsements and questions
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 10:51:37 PM »

Could you describe your foreign policy?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »

Could you describe your foreign policy?
Well, I have never found foreign policy to be a particuarly pressing issue in Atlasia, in fact, in my time in the senate I do not believe we ever got into a war or dealt with anything foreign policy related concerning wars or the like.  However, a few things have come up and here is where I stand (generalizations here)

*Increased spending for the military
*Free markets across the world (see my vote against the Darfur Divestment Act)
*Cuts in foreign aid (something I may try to focus on during my term)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 10:58:34 PM »

I heartily endorse you.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »

While I greatly appreciate the endorsements of many fine Atlasians, its also imperative that the people who can vote in the Southeast election go out and do so, because if there is not at least a 2nd person who votes for me, Gporter wins no matter what
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »

Fmr. Sen. DWTL steps to the podium to make the official annoucement of his campaign and outline what he plans to do.  He is joined on stage by Deputy SoFA and Fmr. Gov. Inks

Friends, it seemed like just yesterday that we packed it in after losing the election in December.  When I left my senate office after that election, there was still plenty that we failed to accomplish.  However, it did seem like the oppurtunity was there to make it back into our fine senate.  Now, the circumstances are different, a fine senator and one of my former allies in the senate, Sam Spade has stepped down and there is a void.  Now is our time friends to recapture that excitement that we brought to Atlasia.  Now is the time to move toward a more free country and a more enthusiastic populous.  I am here to annouce for the first officially that I am a candidate for the senate of Atlasia in the Southeast region.

I would first like to offer the best of luck to my opponent, Mr. Gporter.  If for some reason his presidential bid does not work out, I am sure he would be delighted to serve in the senate.  He must also remember this, althought we have the backing of current and former governors and senators, Gporter has some powerful friends as well.  He recently accepted the endorsement of the Nazi Party, certainly a force to be reckoned with.

To win we have to prove to the people that we are the better choice.  People crave some activity and excitement, that has certainly always been a tenet of my campaigns.  Who could forget the intense debates over academic freedom or the motions of censure, and even the SC case against me?  While some of those are certainly not positive things, I think most would agree it better than the mundane senate we have now.  No, no, no I don't have any plans to bring back that stuff though *crowd laughs a polite laugh*

Once in the senate, I will work to pass reform that is desperatley needed.  I once again will try to increase the amount of power the people have including passing bills that will require people to vote on a regional level.  I have some other constitutional amendments cooking that should make Atlasia more excessible and exciting.  Of course, drug legalization will the major tenet of my tenure in the senate, heroin will coming up first, perhaps to be followed by crack, cocaine, and other hard drugs that carry step penalities.  By the time I am done in the senate, I do not want to see a single person locked up for a victimless crime.  That is why I regret my vote against legalizing prostitution and hope to rectify that mistake.  I have a 2/2 plan, the first two months of my term will focus on social reform and the second on economic.  If I cannot get my job done, I will run for another term.  However, I hope to only need one for these accomplishments.

Thank you all and God Bless Atlasia!!

The Fmr. Sen. leaves the stage to thunderous applause and "Enter Sandman" playing in the background.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »

As odd as this sounds, I endorse DWTL.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »

Yeah, I typically don't agree with a word of his, but... he is running against GPorter.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »

Yeah, I typically don't agree with a word of his, but... he is running against GPorter.
How about the statement "DWTL endorses Mr. Moderate for senate" and "DWTL endorses Mr. Moderate for President" Smiley
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »

How about the statement "DWTL endorses Mr. Moderate for senate" and "DWTL endorses Mr. Moderate for President" Smiley

Well, okay, yeah, I agree with the bit about me being a totally awesome candidate for President and stuff.  Grin
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 02:43:31 PM »

Hashemite, Jean Royer News Corporation:

How do you respond to gporter's recent comment that you cannot work across the aisle with other parties?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies