Are you a Xahar Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:49:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you a Xahar Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Are you a Xahar Democrat?  (Read 3958 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2008, 01:45:52 AM »

The answer is no, of course.

Abortion:
Left - Keep abortion as it is presently. Safe, legal, and rare. Keep partial-birth abortion legal.

Balanced Budget:
Far-Left - A deficit and debt is fine.  Focus on social programs and how the government can better people's lives.

Business Tax:
Far-Left - Significantly increase business taxation.

Campaign Finance Reform:
Center-Left - We need to significantly reduce corporate and union donations. Ban soft money contributions.

Education:
Left - No school vouchers, large increase to federal funding. Modernize school system with more after-school programs.

Environment:
Far-Left - The environment should be our first national priority. Expand National Park System. Large government programs.

Free Trade:
Left - We need to erect large tariff barriers to protect all our industries and our labor market. Pull out of free trade agreements.

Gun Control:
Left - We need gun control! Ban certain guns. Require registration/background checks. Gun control protects children.

Health Care:
Left - Completely public health care system and include perscription drugs under medicare. Require health insurance for every child.

Immigration:
Left - Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full blanket-amnesty.

Military Funding:
Left - Decrease funding for weapons and focus on spending for humanitarian relief.

Military Doctrine:
Far-Left - Remove all U.S. troops from foreign soil. No intervention! Our miltary need never be used.

Personal Tax:
Left - Increase income tax for the rich. Reduce for those in lower income bracket.

Social Security:
Far-Left - No to any private investment, dramatically increase funding.

Nation-Building:
Far-Left - We should not meddle in other's cultures, no matter our moral feelings about some events.

Civil Rights:
Center - Get the federal government out of civil rights. Leave affirmative action and same-sex unions to the states.

China:
Center - Monitor China within the World Trade Organization. Defend Taiwan.

Crime:
Far-Left - Society makes people bad, punishment worsens it. Rehabilitation is effective. No death penalty and prison industry.
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 03:00:14 AM »

Well, you're alright.  I disagree with  you on civil rights, but not much else listed.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 05:35:25 AM »

Abortion:
Left - Keep abortion as it is presently. Safe, legal, and rare. Keep partial-birth abortion legal.
almost: I would ban partial-birth abortions.

Balanced Budget:
Far-Left - A deficit and debt is fine.  Focus on social programs and how the government can better people's lives.
A deficit is not fine. I agree that there should be several social programs, but they need to be properly funded.

Business Tax:
No, at least not as significantly as you mean.

Campaign Finance Reform:
Center-Left - We need to significantly reduce corporate and union donations. Ban soft money contributions.
Yes, I agree.

Education:
Left - No school vouchers, large increase to federal funding. Modernize school system with more after-school programs.
I agree that schools need more funding. But not federal funding. Schools are best handled at state and local level.

Environment:
Far-Left - The environment should be our first national priority. Expand National Park System. Large government programs.
It should be one of our national priorities. Don't go overboard.

Free Trade:
Left - We need to erect large tariff barriers to protect all our industries and our labor market. Pull out of free trade agreements.
Absolutely not. Crazy!

Gun Control:
Left - We need gun control! Ban certain guns. Require registration/background checks. Gun control protects children.
Yes, I could see myself supporting that.

Health Care:
Left - Completely public health care system and include perscription drugs under medicare. Require health insurance for every child.
Yes, I agree.

Immigration:
Left - Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full blanket-amnesty.
No. I don't have anything against a controlled path to citizenship. But anything "blanket" is usually bad.

Military Funding:
Left - Decrease funding for weapons and focus on spending for humanitarian relief.
Yes.

Military Doctrine:
Far-Left - Remove all U.S. troops from foreign soil. No intervention! Our miltary need never be used.
INSANE. No way can I agree to that.

Personal Tax:
Left - Increase income tax for the rich. Reduce for those in lower income bracket.
to a certain extent: extremely high taxes are of no benefit to anyone.

Social Security:
I think it should at least be an option, private investment. Maybe not fully. A certain level of security should be mandatory.

Nation-Building:
Far-Left - We should not meddle in other's cultures, no matter our moral feelings about some events.
Depends. Usually not.

Civil Rights:
Center - Get the federal government out of civil rights. Leave affirmative action and same-sex unions to the states.
Correct.

China:
Yes.

Crime:
Far-Left - Society makes people bad, punishment worsens it. Rehabilitation is effective. No death penalty and prison industry.
Crime and punishment the way conservatives use it, is a failure. The war on drugs is useless, capital punishment is useless. However, rehabilitation isn't the answer to everything. Punishments should remain harsh for violent crime.

My conclusion: I am not a Xahar Democrat. No way.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:54:36 AM »

The answer is no, of course.

Abortion:
That's a far-left position if you want to keep partial-birth abortion legal

Other than that, I just flat out disagree with your statements
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »

Abortion:
Almost, opposed to partial-birth abortions

Balanced Budget:
Strongly disagree

Business Tax:
Disagree

Campaign Finance Reform:
Agreed

Education:
Overall agree, not sure about federal funding

Environment:
Agree, but maybe not number one. But definitely a top one

Free Trade:
Strongly disagree

Gun Control:
Agreed

Health Care:
Agreed

Immigration:
Strongly disagree.

Military Funding:
Agreed.

Military Doctrine:
Disagree

Personal Tax:
Disagree

Social Security:
Overall agree/almost

Nation-Building:
Agreed. I don't see how that is a 'far-left' position.

Civil Rights:
Agreed in the context of the United States

China:
Agreed.

Crime:
Strongly disagree

I don't care about the math, I'm not a Xahar Democrat. I disagree with him on too many important issues.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »

The environment is more important than poor people?  You really enjoyed that green flavor of kool aid didn't you?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 09:30:49 AM »

No way.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »

Abortion:

I agree with Xahar.

Balanced Budget:

I agree with the last sentence, but the first is wrong. While most social programs are worthy, we can reduce the debt/deficit with putting an end to superfluous and ridiculous spending on bridges to nowhere and things of that nature.

Business Tax:

I pretty much agree, but I would make exceptions for small businesses.  There's a difference between a machine shop with 40 employees and a corporate giant.

Campaign Finance Reform:

I agree with X.

Education:

I agree with X.

Environment:

I agree with X, but before expanding the NPS and adding more programs, I would make reducing pollution, toxic emmissions and researching alternative fuels the top priority.  That said, I am concerned about our parks...and not just those with natural wonders, but our battlefields as well.  They've gotten short shrift for decades.

Free Trade:

I basically agree with X. but I would probably vary slightly on finer points.

Gun Control:

I would need to know what guns you want to ban.  Military-style assault weapons?  Absolutely.  Registration and background checks for post 1898 firearms?  I would support that, but I could also compromise to allow exceptions for single shot, bolt action and pump action weapons.  I would further add protection for the owners of antique (pre-1898) firearms so that these collector weapons could not be seized or confiscated.

Health Care:

I agree with X.

Immigration:

I basically agree and want immigration to be encouraged.  I would, however, support easier immigration for those willing to serve on certain public works projects, in the military and in public service for set periods.

Military Funding:

Increase funding to fund the war on terror... in Afghanistan.  Raise military pay.  Provide every soldier or sailor with everything they need for safety on the battlefield and proper health care off.

Military Doctrine:

We need to hunt down Osama bin Laden and either kill him or imprison him for life with no access to the public.  He is a brutal mass murderer and one of the few human beings I consider to be a complete waste of skin. We absolutely DO need to be out of Iraq as soon as possible for the safety of our departing troops.  But we should pour more men into Afghanistan.  And if OBL is in Pakistan, we go there too.  Until he is dead, dead, dead.

Personal Tax:

I agree with X.  But I do support the EITC for working people earning under a certain amount.

Social Security:

I agree with X.

Nation-Building:

I agree with X, except in cases of mass murder or starvation. BUT -- even in those cases, the first response of the US should be to ask what other nations in the region are doing.  For example, before we get involved in Bosnia or Kosovo, we would need to be sure the majority of the work and expense is being done/carried by the wealthier nations in the region.  In cases where there are no powerful nations in the region, then the US should make every effort to build a coalition with -- or without -- UN support. 

Civil Rights:

I completely disagree with X.  Civil rights are a federal concern and discrimination should be fought on the local, state and federal levels.

China:

Partially agree with X.  I am not sure where I stand on Taiwan.

Crime:

I agree with X.  I would end the death penalty.  I would, however, increase the number of cases in which a person could and should be imprisoned for life without the possibility of parole.  This would include those who batter or molest children a second time (after a prior conviction, sentence and release).
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2008, 11:26:29 AM by Blue Dog »

Thankfully. :-p

Abortion:

Partial birth abortion isn't legal now. With that said the status quo is mostly okay, it could use some tweaking in both directions.

Balanced Budget:

No, a deficit and debt is not fine. The more we waste on the debt, the more inflation we will see as well as future tax hikes/spending slashing for younger Americans. Some debt is natural but the US has been unusually wasteful the last 30 years, we need to reign that in.

Business Tax:

We already have higher corporate taxation rates than any other developed country now. Even Germany cut their rates to be lower than ours. All you would do is make us less competitive and pass down the higher taxes to the shareholders/consumers.

Campaign Finance Reform:

If we can't have fully public financing then we shouldn't bother with much regulation of campaigns.

Education:

That's too simplistic. Funding isn't a cure all, if it was then places like Washington DC or my hometown a few years back would have the best schools instead of the mediocre to poor ones they actually do. Our education system is being wrecked by all sorts of factors, which frequently vary by school system especially due to how decentralized we are compared to other countries.

Environment:

Free Trade:

All high tariffs would do is artificially inflate prices and discourage investment here.

Gun Control:

Banning 'certain' guns won't do much to reduce crime, unless you ban handguns on a massive scale and use very aggressive enforcement... Which would be a disaster. Anyway, it's all a moot point because gun control is mostly unconstitutional.

Health Care:

Bad idea. Medicare has consistently been massively over budget ever since it was introduced. Canada and the UK have a host of problems with their health care system ranging from waiting times to doctors shortages. We should look at two tier countries like France, Germany, Japan, etc. instead if we're going to implement universal health care.

Immigration:

Illegal Immigration and our response to it is a disaster. There's only so many resources we have in this country, if we have a massive amount of people using our healthcare system, schools, etc. without paying there are going to be problems. Also the deflation in wages, spread of diseases like TB and environmental damage should be enough to make anyone on the left oppose it.

Military Funding:

Disagree, a lot of humanitarian relief goes nowhere. Also it depends on the weapons, some research is legitimate other things like SDI are a waste of our time.

Military Doctrine:

As much as I'm for scaling down our presence, that's just naive.

Personal Tax:

The lower bracket already doesn't pay much in income tax.

Social Security:

Using public funds for private investment is a bad idea, I don't agree with more funding though. Also any funding increase will be meaningless if there's nothing to keep Congress from simply raiding the trust fund every time it goes into deficit spending (which is all the time).

Nation-Building:

Mostly agree but this isn't a far left view.

Civil Rights:

I partially disagree, the courts should uphold civil rights too.

China:

This implies that we have control over the situation. We don't. Not only do we not have the resources to defend Taiwan, but China effectively owns us now because they have holdings in our currency and are propping up our deficit spending.

Crime:

If this was true we would have seen a progressive slide in crime from the 1930s to the 1970s when that sort of liberal viewpoint dominated. We did not, the flaws became very obvious by the end of it. We are failing to integrate a lot of ex cons, and wasting time incarcerating a lot of people like drug users. And the death penalty should be abolished IMO. But the old Medical Model of Criminal Justice was not as effective as what we have now that we have more police, actual truth in sentencing, etc.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »

I was when I was your age...

A lot of your views are very idealistic and not very practical, but I suppose it's better to be an idealistic leftist than an idealistic right-winger.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »

Per Xahar's little list, I am to the right of him on 13 issues, agree with him on 4, and am to the left of him on 1. No, I won't tell you which issue I am to the left of him on. That is for me to know, and you to find out. Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 02:28:31 PM »

Other than I support gay marriage in all 50 states and I support limited military use in rare situations, we're pretty much the same.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »

Per Xahar's little list, I am to the right of him on 13 issues, agree with him on 4, and am to the left of him on 1. No, I won't tell you which issue I am to the left of him on. That is for me to know, and you to find out. Smiley

Shocked

And the PF platform options aren't great, so I don't necessarily completely agree with everything I posted.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 04:56:37 PM »

Xahar Democrat = Socialist
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »

I won't go through this item by item, but your list is pretty absurd on several fronts. It is impractical and depends on the notion that government programs are beneficial to the whole of society. Some are, some aren't, and it largely depends on the competence of those in power to make the process efficient. Overall, though, I'm envisioning this nightmarishly bloated monster slothfully inching through the streets with pus spewing from the slimy crevices shifting in its coarse, fatty epidermis. What a mess of a creature.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

Xahar, wow just wow. That's so stereotypically leftie and unworkable I can't believe it.

1 Ok.

2 Ugh. Dear god no.

3 You just want to send all out businesses overseas?

4 Meh. Not entirely terrible.

5 No.

6 No. I only see advocation of leftie neopuritanism in the name of the environment.

7 NO!

8 NO!

9 No.

10 How about no, scott?

11 No.

12. Dear god no.

13 No.

14 No.

15 No

16 No.

17 No.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 04:34:45 PM »

Xahar, wow just wow. That's so stereotypically leftie and unworkable I can't believe it.

1 Ok.

2 Ugh. Dear god no.

3 You just want to send all out businesses overseas?

4 Meh. Not entirely terrible.

5 No.

6 No. I only see advocation of leftie neopuritanism in the name of the environment.

7 NO!

8 NO!

9 No.

10 How about no, scott?

11 No.

12. Dear god no.

13 No.

14 No.

15 No

16 No.

17 No.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »

No, I'm not.
Abortion:
Strongly disagree.  Abortion should be illegal in all cases except incest, rape, and when the mother's life is in danger.  Partial birth abortion should be kept illegal.

Balanced Budget:
Get the deficit and debt down.  Minimize the increase of government social programs and get rid of ineffective ones.

Business Tax:
Wrong.  Decrease business taxation.  When businesses are taxed by the government, how do you think they make up for the loss of money?

Campaign Finance Reform:
Have a controlled system, but get rid of McCain-Feingold.  Regulate, but have less strict rules

Education:
Education is important, but should be less federalized. 

Environment:
Protect the environment, but not to wacky leftist standards.  Drill in ANWR and off the coast so we have time to develop alternative energy sources.

Free Trade:
Completely wrong.  Defeat this Nanny State idea and support free trade.  Americans deserve the best products at the best prices.  The more willing we are to drop tarriffs, the moring willing other countries will be to drop tarriffs on American goods.

Gun Control:
Americans have the right to bear arms.  Offer gun-safe education and distribute childproof locks when guns are purchased.  But don't take away people's right to protection and sport.

Health Care:
Health Care should remain privatized.  Every medical professional I've talked to is against this (and I know you'll probably dig up so wacko who brags about how great socialized medicine is). 

Immigration:
Give foreigners a path to citizenship, but deport all illegal immigrants today!!  I have a lot of respect for legal immigrants, people who are mostly for deporting illegals.  Immigration should be encouraged, but the process of gaining citizenship shouldn't be a breeze.

Military Funding:
Keep our military well-funded.  Having a well-prepared military is sometimes defense enough.

Military Doctrine:
Completely disagree

Personal Tax:
Disagree.  Everyone should have to pay the same taxes.

Social Security:
I'm kindof undecided here.  Obviously we'll have to increase funding if it remains public.

Nation-Building:
Sometimes we have to "meddle in other's cultures," disagree.

Civil Rights:
If civil unions are legalized, it has to be on a federal level.  Ban affirmative action.  It may have been necessary several decades ago, but now it has no place in our country.

China:
Maintain good relations with China, but make still make sure it doesn't abuse Taiwan.

Crime:
[/quote]
Good lord, couldn't disagree more.  My views are the complete opposite of the three sentences you have there.
ps79
Rookie
Netherlands
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 09:35:40 PM »

Abortion:
Left - Keep abortion as it is presently. Safe, legal, and rare. Keep partial-birth abortion legal. Agree

Balanced Budget:
Far-Left - A deficit and debt is fine.  Focus on social programs and how the government can better people's lives. No, a debt and deficit is not fine. Even though the government should focus on social programs and better people's lives when needed

Business Tax:
Far-Left - Significantly increase business taxation. Not too much

Campaign Finance Reform:
Center-Left - We need to significantly reduce corporate and union donations. Ban soft money contributions. Agree

Education:
Left - No school vouchers, large increase to federal funding. Modernize school system with more after-school programs. Yes, strongly agree

Environment:
Far-Left - The environment should be our first national priority. Expand National Park System. Large government programs. Agree

Free Trade:
Left - We need to erect large tariff barriers to protect all our industries and our labor market. Pull out of free trade agreements. Disagree

Gun Control:
Left - We need gun control! Ban certain guns. Require registration/background checks. Gun control protects children. Ban all guns for regular citizens I'd say

Health Care:
Left - Completely public health care system and include perscription drugs under medicare. Require health insurance for every child. Agree

Immigration:
Left - Immigration is great! The more immigrants the better. Just require a criminal record check. Full blanket-amnesty. It's not as great as you picture

Military Funding:
Left - Decrease funding for weapons and focus on spending for humanitarian relief. Agree

Military Doctrine:
Far-Left - Remove all U.S. troops from foreign soil. No intervention! Our miltary need never be used. Disagree. The US could be a help to maintain or defend peace

Personal Tax:
Left - Increase income tax for the rich. Reduce for those in lower income bracket. Agree

Social Security:
Far-Left - No to any private investment, dramatically increase funding. No private investment, but no dramatically increase either

Nation-Building:
Far-Left - We should not meddle in other's cultures, no matter our moral feelings about some events. Agree

Civil Rights:
Center - Get the federal government out of civil rights. Leave affirmative action and same-sex unions to the states. No, the federal government has a role as well

China:
Center - Monitor China within the World Trade Organization. Defend Taiwan. Agree

Crime:
Far-Left - Society makes people bad, punishment worsens it. Rehabilitation is effective. No death penalty and prison industry. Agree, but still emphasize on punishment as well
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 07:12:21 PM »

Abortion:
No, abortion funding and partial-birth abortion should be banned.

Balanced Budget:
No, social programs should be eliminated and taxes cut.

Business Tax:
No, eliminate business taxation.

Campaign Finance Reform:
No, allow individuals to donate as much as they want to political causes. However, corporate contributions should come only with true approval from the shareholders.

Education:
No, privatize the school system and encourage more charter schools and home schools.

Environment:
No, allow private property to be the solution to environmental pollution.

Free Trade:
No, unrestricted free trade benefits everyone in the world by expanding the market. Eliminate 'free trade' agreements in favor of true free trade.

Gun Control:
No, restrcitions on gun ownership should be eliminated and gun ownership encouraged.

Health Care:
No, allow the free market to fix health care by eliminating Medicare, Medicaid, FDA, and HMOs.

Immigration:
Agree

Military Funding:
No, eliminate the 730 military bases around the world and return the money to the taxpayers.

Military Doctrine:
Agree

Personal Tax:
No, abolish income taxes for everyone, regardless of class.

Social Security:
No, allow people to withdraw from the social security system and eventually eliminate it in favor of voluntary private retirement insurance.

Nation-Building:
Agree

Civil Rights:
Agree, sort of.

China:
No, allow Taiwan to defend itself, continue free trade with China, and withdraw from the WTO.

Crime:
No, make prisoners provide restitution to their victims.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 08:27:42 PM »

My answers in italics:

Abortion:

Agree.

Balanced Budget:

Disagree, deficit spending leads to inflation, which weakens the economy.

Business Tax:

It's fine where it is, maybe temporary relief for small businesses.

Campaign Finance Reform:

Buckley v. Valeo.  Sorry.

Education:

What way do you have to rate the effectiveness of your program?  What do you do to schools that are still underperforming after you throw more money into them?

Environment:

Large government programs attempting to accomplish...what, precisely?

Free Trade:

When you get to college, take an economics course.

Gun Control:

What about the Constitution?

Health Care:

Fine.

Immigration:

I'm pro-immigration too...but full blanket amnesty?  Make it easier to get into the country legally, increase quotas, welcome talented workers with H-1B visas.  However, enforce the border and punish employers who hire illegal immigrants.  Illegal immigration is a national security issue.

Military Funding:

Decrease spending on Pentagon bloat like the National Missile Defense Shield and the F-22, refocus the money on what actually keeps us safe: our service(wo)men.  Focus on raising the standard of military health care, salaries for soldiers, etc.

Military Doctrine:

Um...that's a tad bit extreme.  Quite extreme.  I don't want to get into this right now, because if I did I'd be writing until midnight, but I strongly disagree.

Personal Tax:

My plan is the Obama plan plus a temporary (one year) payroll tax holiday on the first ~35,000 of salary.

Social Security:

Agree on the first part, not on the second.

Nation-Building:

Nelson Mandela would still be in prison by your logic.

Civil Rights:

I don't get what the first sentence even means.

China:

Agree.

Crime:

But what happens to repeat offenders?
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 08:35:04 PM »

Hmmm. When I was 13 I was like a right wing version of you.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 09:23:53 PM »

For the most part, we agree on Foreign policy, but not much else.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 04:39:37 AM »

Abortion:

It's not really all that rare right now. If that were otherwise, I would agree.

Balanced Budget:

Structural debt is a subsidy to big finance corps. Short-term debt is just fine. Agree on the second sentence.

Business Tax:

How much is significant?

Campaign Finance Reform:

Easier said than done.

Education:

In many ways, your school system is fine already. Shocking, isn't it?

Environment:

What's National Parks got to do with the current environmental challenges?

Free Trade:

No. Not the exact opposite either, but no. Basically, my trade position is: "do what the Third World wants".

Gun Control:

All for registration, which would dry up the black market. What's banning certain guns supposed to do? That's just silly.

Health Care:

See t'other post (Reluctant Republican)

Immigration:

Sure.

Military Funding:

Humanitarian Relief, as currently administered, is largely a racket. Decrease funding for weapons.

Military Doctrine:

If it need never be used, why maintain one at all? Tongue The remaining US troops in Germany hurt no one. Doesn't change the fact that I broadly agree.

Personal Tax:

Absolutely.

Social Security:

See t'other post (Reluctant Republican).

Nation-Building:

"No matter"? Anyways I doubt that all events in other countries can be explained by their "cultures". Anyways, the US doesn't engage in nation building, and in Afghanistan OEF's main function has been to actively sabotage nation building. To the point where I'm now ready to dismiss the whole thing as a failure, and want the German troops home.

Civil Rights:

That's not center. Getting the federal government out of civil rights is, historically, far right. Obviously, your position is influenced by the Bush administration, and you'll outgrow it.

China:

No one is attacking Taiwan.

Crime:

Basically.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »

Civil Rights:

That's not center. Getting the federal government out of civil rights is, historically, far right. Obviously, your position is influenced by the Bush administration, and you'll outgrow it.

No, it's a damn PF position that conflates affirmative action and gay rights.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies