NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:29:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2  (Read 2623 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:23:23 AM »

New Poll: North Carolina President by Rasmussen on 2008-06-12

Summary: D: 43%, R: 45%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: http://tinyurl.com/6gufe3
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:25:20 AM »

Nice!!! Obama seems to be making pretty big inroads here, but McCain will probably still win a five point victory or greater.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »

This makes me want another poll out of Virginia pretty badly.
jesmo

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:26:50 AM »

See, I told yall, not everything will be like 2004 forever.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

Interesting. When I heard there'd be another NC poll today, I expected McCain's margin to be up substantially from the last poll (taken right after the NC primary, with McCain up only 3). Now it's down!? Like Alcon said: Virginia, Virginia, Virginia!
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »

Interesting. When I heard there'd be another NC poll today, I expected McCain's margin to be up substantially from the last poll (taken right after the NC primary, with McCain up only 3). Now it's down!? Like Alcon said: Virginia, Virginia, Virginia!

Really?

You expected McCain to be up higher in NC after a boost to Obama from the Democratic love fest with Clinton dropping out?

I expected a lead between 1 and 4 points which will rise slowly until Denver, fall again to about this level, and rise at an unknown rate following Minneapolis-St. Paul.

As for Virginia, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar lead, right now, for Obama.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »

My point was that the previous poll came right after the NC primary--and we've seen big boosts for Obama [and Clinton] after each of the primaries only to fade away later (think Texas). Yes, I did expect this one to move towards McCain against the grain of most of the polls.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »

Not surprising at all.  Obama had a huge bounce in the polls recently because of Clinton dropping out.

When the bounce wears down at around convention time, I expect McCain to have a 7-8 point lead in North Carolina.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 11:49:24 AM »

Really?

You expected McCain to be up higher in NC after a boost to Obama from the Democratic love fest with Clinton dropping out?

I expected a lead between 1 and 4 points which will rise slowly until Denver, fall again to about this level, and rise at an unknown rate following Minneapolis-St. Paul.

As for Virginia, I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar lead, right now, for Obama.

Many people from the right wing echo chamber have told us over the last few months that Obama has no chance of winning in North Carolina. Those who said that North Carolina was in play (like Josh22) were derided as lunatics by many right wingers.

And you expected Obama to lead in North Carolina? This strikes me as a classic case of "moving the goalposts"..
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »

Where the hell are Josh and duke? I want them to battle over this poll. LOL
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »

Really?

Many people from the right wing echo chamber have told us over the last few months that Obama has no chance of winning in North Carolina. Those who said that North Carolina was in play (like Josh22) were derided as lunatics by many right wingers.

And you expected Obama to lead in North Carolina? This strikes me as a classic case of "moving the goalposts"..

No, I said I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama lead in VA.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2008, 12:04:17 PM by NJChris »

Really?

Another state that the right wing echo chamber, led by AHHDuke, told us Obama had no chance to win, and if we did say so, we were a bunch of Obama-homers.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »

Really?

Another start that the right wing echo chamber, lead by AHHDuke, told us Obama had no chance to win, and if we did say so, we were a bunch of Obama-homers.

You really are ignorant, aren't you?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 12:04:58 PM »

I'm getting confused by all the spin and talking points from the right wing echo chamber.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 12:06:03 PM »

I'm happy! I'm not going to say I told you so, because I want to see if this stays that same.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 12:11:14 PM »

Not surprising. I've said that NC is about 8% more GOP than the national average. If Obama is up 6% nationally right now, it makes sense. No battling from me this time.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »

I'm getting confused by all the spin and talking points from the right wing echo chamber.

And I'm surprised you were the fastest sperm.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »

Not surprising. I've said that NC is about 8% more GOP than the national average. If Obama is up 6% nationally right now, it makes sense. No battling from me this time.

For once I agree with you about something Cheesy
kevinatcausa
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »

From the list of survey questions, it appears Rasmussen asked each voter their opinion of Bush immediately before asking the McCain-Obama matchup.   

That seems like bad procedure, and may have somewhat tainted the questions afterwards. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »

See, I told yall, not everything will be like 2004 forever.

Idiot. Nobody ever contradicted you there. Go troll somewhere else.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 01:27:40 PM »

Well, I guessing the ultimate election will be 52-47, with NC about 7% more Republican than the national. I am guessing NC will come in at 48.5-50.5, which isn't good for the Republicans. I am guessing that by 2016, NC will be neutral to the N.A. and VA. will be by 2012.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »

Well, I guessing the ultimate election will be 52-47, with NC about 7% more Republican than the national. I am guessing NC will come in at 48.5-50.5, which isn't good for the Republicans. I am guessing that by 2016, NC will be neutral to the N.A. and VA. will be by 2012.

My prediction:

NORTH CAROLINA PRESIDENT -
51% (R) McCain
47% (D) Obama

Obama should win nationwide by about 52%-45% if all goes well. 
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »

McCain will win North Carolina, but he'll have to spend a lot of time and money there.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »

McCain will win North Carolina, but he'll have to spend a lot of time and money there.

allow me to mark this down.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »

Nice poll, but it won't stay this way.  McCain will win by around 52-47.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies