Israeli minister alternatives to attack on Iran running out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:59:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli minister alternatives to attack on Iran running out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Israeli minister alternatives to attack on Iran running out  (Read 9000 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »

Ben, we need more people like you within the Democratic party, so I urge you to return. Or at least become an independent.

And yes, if Iran attacked Israel, it would be nuts to suggest the US not back Israel.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2008, 02:54:36 PM »

And yes, if Iran attacked Israel, it would be nuts to suggest the US not back Israel.

I think Ben was advocating going to war even if Israel is the one to launch a preemptive attack, not sure though. That's what I'd call crazy.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »

I think Ben was advocating going to war even if Israel is the one to launch a preemptive attack, not sure though. That's what I'd call crazy.

My thinking was that if Israel went to war with Iran, we would help them.

Of course the US should intervene if Iran attacked Israel.  If that happened, we should send enough troops to Iran to whip it in a day.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 09:26:03 PM »

Of course the US should intervene if Iran attacked Israel.  If that happened, we should send enough troops to Iran to whip it in a day.

Too bad they are a little preoccupied in Iraq. Or are you advocating moving all our national guard to the middle east. Perhaps we should have a draft? That would stop this bullsh**t in a second.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »

Too bad they are a little preoccupied in Iraq. Or are you advocating moving all our national guard to the middle east. Perhaps we should have a draft? That would stop this bullsh**t in a second.

No; I advocate pulling troops out of Iraq, and instead sending them to Iran.  Remember, I want to being pulling troops out of Iraq as soon as possible.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:52 PM »

Bringing in a draft would get AIPAC members and their families homes burned down by angry rednecks/urban hardboys within a month of the next US mideastern war Israel causes. Since I'll be out of draft age(the normal targets are 18 to the low 20s) relatively soon by all means do it but please wait until say... 2013 to do it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

No; I advocate pulling troops out of Iraq, and instead sending them to Iran.  Remember, I want to being pulling troops out of Iraq as soon as possible.

I am glad you support a pullout from Iraq but the truth is that we cannot even pull out of there in a hurry. We went in without thinking and now we cannot pull out doing the same. So we really will not be prepared for a war with Iran for another 3 or 4 years. Interstingly the ayatollah of Iran has said that Nuclear weapons are against Islam. So if Iran does indeed make nukes would he have to declare a fatwah on himself? lol
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37:30 PM »

Given Iran's neighbors(Israel and the KSA), IMO it's perfectly justified in having nukes given the rogue nature of both regimes.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 01:20:33 AM »

Why would we aid in a preemptive war? We can't let another nation dictate our foreign policy.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 03:13:24 AM »

In other words, you would also support Israel in a preemptive attack on Iran. Is that correct?

While we're at it, since Israel enjoys our "full support", could we launch an attack on Syria, too? After all, nothing is too good for our "best friends".

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 07:32:30 AM »

I am glad you support a pullout from Iraq but the truth is that we cannot even pull out of there in a hurry. We went in without thinking and now we cannot pull out doing the same. So we really will not be prepared for a war with Iran for another 3 or 4 years.
I'm pretty sure we've done this before.  We don't need to pull out of anywhere to send Iran back to the stone age.  Our B2's and B52's are not tied down Iraq.  We couldn't occupy Iran next week, but we could (and would if we needed to) totally destroy their military.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 07:42:34 AM »

I am glad you support a pullout from Iraq but the truth is that we cannot even pull out of there in a hurry. We went in without thinking and now we cannot pull out doing the same. So we really will not be prepared for a war with Iran for another 3 or 4 years.
I'm pretty sure we've done this before.  We don't need to pull out of anywhere to send Iran back to the stone age.  Our B2's and B52's are not tied down Iraq.  We couldn't occupy Iran next week, but we could (and would if we needed to) totally destroy their military.

The thing is that Iran would respond in some way or more likely in multiple ways. They would block the straits of Hormuz and cause the whole world headaches. Hezbollah would start sending rockets into Israel and there could be a possible invasion of Iraq. The biggest headache would be the mahdi army in Iraq. Just imagine what kind of sh**t they would start to stir up again. I love your can do attitude, but blowing sh**t up is not always the right option.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 07:59:52 AM »

But we've (well, they've) dealt with Hezbollah sending rockets into Israel (do they ever stop?).  We've dealt with the nutcases funded by Iran in Iraq.  Plus, both of those things wouldn't continue indefinitely if we killed Iran's military might.  The only thing you mention that they could do would be to fark up oil transportation leaving the region, but they could only do that if they started it.  They couldn't defeat Iraq 20 years ago whereas we made them look foolish, twice.  And it took days.  Why do you think Iran's military (remember, we're not occupying anything here.  We're just defeating their military.) would fare any better than Iraq did against us?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »

But we've (well, they've) dealt with Hezbollah sending rockets into Israel (do they ever stop?).  We've dealt with the nutcases funded by Iran in Iraq.  Plus, both of those things wouldn't continue indefinitely if we killed Iran's military might.  The only thing you mention that they could do would be to fark up oil transportation leaving the region, but they could only do that if they started it.  They couldn't defeat Iraq 20 years ago whereas we made them look foolish, twice.  And it took days.  Why do you think Iran's military (remember, we're not occupying anything here.  We're just defeating their military.) would fare any better than Iraq did against us?

We will destroy their military if we wish it so but is it necessary to do it is the biggest question. Honestly everything will be fine if we have the world behind us, but if it is just us and Israel, things could go wrong. The oil crisis would be blamed on us not Iran if we or Irsael bombed them first. We would at least need full western european cooperation if we wished to do this. I hope the bush administration learned something from Iraq but I doubt it. Then there is the little thing of China having tons of investments in Iran and India is starting to. They aren't just going to go along with us you know. The whole Nuclear deal with India fell apart over the Iran issue. So there could be other unintended consequences as well.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:08 AM »

The thing is that Iran would respond in some way or more likely in multiple ways. They would block the straits of Hormuz and cause the whole world headaches. Hezbollah would start sending rockets into Israel and there could be a possible invasion of Iraq. The biggest headache would be the mahdi army in Iraq. Just imagine what kind of sh**t they would start to stir up again. I love your can do attitude, but blowing sh**t up is not always the right option.

I must say I agree. The slightest bomb falling on Iran would be the beginning of such a mess, you gave some examples.

On the other hand, if we remember 6 days war, we remember that Israel destroyed the full egyptian air force by bombings, putting this country down.

But, back on the first hand, more than the examples given by sbane, I think we can also wonder on what will Russia and China do, with Iran? Against Iran? Neutral? Especially if Iran make a resistance to US army of a few months, seeing a possible sticking of US/Coalition in Iran, so in Middle-East (Irak, Iran, Afghanistan) wouldn't it encourage them to military help Iran in the way to make fall the power of the US, pretexting some anti-imperialist actions? Is that impossible?

Still on this, I heard this morning that economists wonder more and more on the scenario of a US attack against Iran this year, and they previous if that happens a 200$ barrel of oil
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 08:24:56 AM »

I must say I agree. The slightest bomb falling on Iran would be the beginning of such a mess, you gave some examples.

On the other hand, if we remember 6 days war, we remember that Israel destroyed the full egyptian air force by bombings, putting this country down.

But, back on the first hand, more than the examples given by sbane, I think we can also wonder on what will Russia and China do, with Iran? Against Iran? Neutral? Especially if Iran make a resistance to US army of a few months, seeing a possible sticking of US/Coalition in Iran, so in Middle-East (Irak, Iran, Afghanistan) wouldn't it encourage them to military help Iran in the way to make fall the power of the US, pretexting some anti-imperialist actions? Is that impossible?

Still on this, I heard this morning that economists wonder more and more on the scenario of a US attack against Iran this year, and they previous if that happens a 200$ barrel of oil

I really wonder what the price of gasoline will be after the straits of hormuz are blocked. That is when the real fun will begin as people realize their own self interests. Especially if we are fighting Iran for Israel, expect a backlash in America and the rest of the world for that matter.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »

The Empire does not have enough troops to make this happen.  Remember how the US was defeated by the Vietnamese, Ben.  America may be ruthless, brutal, and well supplied with weaponry, but brave resistance fighters can still have some success against it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2008, 09:14:51 PM »

The Empire does not have enough troops to make this happen.  Remember how the US was defeated by the Vietnamese, Ben.  America may be ruthless, brutal, and well supplied with weaponry, but brave resistance fighters can still have some success against it.

America is neither ruthless or brutal.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2008, 04:48:18 AM »

America can be, and is sometimes. Don't be naive.

Of course, Opebo is always happy if someone fights against America. But we're used to that.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »

You're right, but we rarely are.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2008, 01:51:56 AM »

Classic naïveté.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2008, 08:37:55 AM »

Classic naïveté.

Sometimes, rarely, often. I would just say it has been several times and is more and more.

Naïveté is entered in the English language?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »

Classic naïveté.

^^
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

It has, though it is usually spelled "naivete". I like using the accents on my keyboard, though.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »

It has, though it is usually spelled "naivete". I like using the accents on my keyboard, though.

I didn't know US keyboard had accent. That's to write French words?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies