LA: Rasmussen: Landrieu(D) ahead of Kennedy(R) by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  LA: Rasmussen: Landrieu(D) ahead of Kennedy(R) by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LA: Rasmussen: Landrieu(D) ahead of Kennedy(R) by 3%  (Read 6326 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 02:13:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does such a thing exist?  Smiley

The wrath, the moderation, or the voters? I'm pretty sure all Louisiana votes are manufactured, myself.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »

In case anyone was wondering, David Vitter '83 is not attending his 25th reunion at Harvard this weekend.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 06:49:36 PM »

So when Landrieu leads close, people still assume the race is going to close, but when Musgrove leads close, people still call me an idiot for thinking that that race is going to be close?

Landrieu - Democrat in Republican state. History of having very close elections.

Musgrove - Defeated Democrat in Republican state.

Does this really need to be spelled out every damn time for you?
Polls trump what some Northern Republican hack thinks.

Harry, people always lose the argument that I'm a hack so don't waste your time.

As Franzl stated, some of us look beyond just the polls. You're really digging yourself quite a hole with your arrogant attitude about Musgrove.
Actually, polls are all that Wickerites can hold onto.  Analysis beyond the polls suggests a Musgrove win, as he's already won 2 statewide races and Wicker is such a weak candidate.  The polls show it close though.
As far as arrogance goes, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If anyone, it's you who's being arrogant by proclaiming that Wicker wins a double digit victory when there's nothing to suggest that.
Harry to illustrate why Musgrove has no chance, can you please find me the last time a Democrat even ran decent in a statewide race?  Lott got 63% in 2006 a terrible GOP year, and 61% in 2000.  Thad Cochran got 84% of the vote in 2002.  And last year, after you insisted that Eaves had a shot, Barbour got 57% of the vote.  Why would this year be any different?  Harry, you live in MS, it is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 06:55:25 PM »

Thad Cochran got 84% of the vote in 2002.

With the only other candidate being Reform.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »

Thad Cochran got 84% of the vote in 2002.

With the only other candidate being Reform.

That's not a bad thing. A lot of Dems just ended up going for that candidate. Big deal. Kerry won in 2002 with about 80% of the vote with the Libertarian winning 20%. That's still a big Kerry win.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 09:02:08 PM »

I don't think you can judge this race from looking at Lott, Cochran, and Barbour.  They were popular incumbents with R next to their name, while Wicker is fairly unknown, against a former Governor, with no party label.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 03:09:52 AM »

In case anyone was wondering, David Vitter '83 is not attending his 25th reunion at Harvard this weekend.

Crap, I better sell my stock in Boston brothels.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2008, 09:43:25 AM »

So when Landrieu leads close, people still assume the race is going to close, but when Musgrove leads close, people still call me an idiot for thinking that that race is going to be close?

Landrieu - Democrat in Republican state. History of having very close elections.

Musgrove - Defeated Democrat in Republican state.

Does this really need to be spelled out every damn time for you?
Polls trump what some Northern Republican hack thinks.

Harry, people always lose the argument that I'm a hack so don't waste your time.

As Franzl stated, some of us look beyond just the polls. You're really digging yourself quite a hole with your arrogant attitude about Musgrove.
Actually, polls are all that Wickerites can hold onto.  Analysis beyond the polls suggests a Musgrove win, as he's already won 2 statewide races and Wicker is such a weak candidate.  The polls show it close though.
As far as arrogance goes, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If anyone, it's you who's being arrogant by proclaiming that Wicker wins a double digit victory when there's nothing to suggest that.
Harry to illustrate why Musgrove has no chance, can you please find me the last time a Democrat even ran decent in a statewide race?  Lott got 63% in 2006 a terrible GOP year, and 61% in 2000.  Thad Cochran got 84% of the vote in 2002.  And last year, after you insisted that Eaves had a shot, Barbour got 57% of the vote.  Why would this year be any different?  Harry, you live in MS, it is not going anywhere anytime soon.
2007 - AG Jim Hood received more votes statewide than any of the Republican candidates.
2003 - AG Jim Hood, Sec. of State Eric Clark, and Insurance Commish George Dale won overwhelmingly statewide.

1999 - Ronnie Musgrove himself!

Anyway, the reason that I believe Musgrove will win is not because Musgrove is just an amazing knockout candidate, although I do believe he's pretty good considering how he's won statewide twice, but because Wicker is such a weak one.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »

whoops
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »

I don't think you can judge this race from looking at Lott, Cochran, and Barbour.  They were popular incumbents with R next to their name, while Wicker is fairly unknown, against a former Governor, with no party label.
Wicker does not have a party label?  That is news to me
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »

On election day, neither candidate will have a party label.  Isn't that correct, Harry?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »

On election day, neither candidate will have a party label.  Isn't that correct, Harry?
For argument's sake even if you are right that they won't be listed that way, people still know who is who.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »

I wouldn't be shocked if Musgrove won...but I'm fairly confident in putting MS-Sen II somewhere between Leans and Likely Republican.  I do think that he has a floor of 45-47%, but those last 3-5% will be extremely hard to get.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »

That is true.  What's funny is that that fact has been stated in every thread about this race, yet Northern Republicans always say it's the first they've heard.  It just shows how little they're paying attention and just arrogantly assuming that they are still pulling the wool over the eyes of Mississippians, whom they believe to be subhuman simpletons.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2008, 07:21:52 PM »

That is true.  What's funny is that that fact has been stated in every thread about this race, yet Northern Republicans always say it's the first they've heard.  It just shows how little they're paying attention and just arrogantly assuming that they are still pulling the wool over the eyes of Mississippians, whom they believe to be subhuman simpletons.

The funny part is the fact that Harry keeps up his weird behavior in every thread. What's this "northern Republican" nonsense? As if that matters.

I love how we're just being so arrogant about all of this yet we actually acknowledge when it's the first time we're hearing about it.

Finally, don't you dare lecture us "northern Republicans" about thinking about Mississippians as subhuman simpletons. Remember the MS Presidential primary, Harry? Remember I defended the fine people of your state against the elitists of your party? Remember when you had to defend them from the southern haters of your party? Whose pulling the wool over their eyes now, Harry.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2008, 08:05:48 PM »

I could care less about losing this seat.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies