LA: Rasmussen: Landrieu(D) ahead of Kennedy(R) by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:26:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  LA: Rasmussen: Landrieu(D) ahead of Kennedy(R) by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LA: Rasmussen: Landrieu(D) ahead of Kennedy(R) by 3%  (Read 6325 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2008, 07:59:04 AM »

New Poll: Louisiana Senator by Rasmussen on 2008-05-28

Summary: D: 47%, R: 44%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

I think Landrieu is very vulnerable, since New Orleans, a heavily Democratic city, lost plenty of its population.

Kennedy MAY pull this off.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 12:49:14 PM »

Increased black turnout due to Obama should be able to give Landrieu the extra couple percentage points she needs to hold her seat.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »

Extra Information:

Landrieu is viewed favorable by 59%, unfavorable by 37%.

Kennedy is viewed favorable by 57%, unfavorable by 31%.

Gov. Bobby Jindal gets a 67-31 approval rating.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 01:06:05 PM »

Besides being a Democrat in a Republican-trending state, what has Senator Landrieu done to incur the wrath of moderate LA voters? Virtually nothing, it seems. She was very active in the rebuilding after Katrina,  she's voted the SBA and Chamber of Commerce line on most major issues (e.g., death tax repeal and the Bush tax cuts), avoided staking out far-left positions on social issues, and, finally, she operates one of the top constituent services outreach programs in the nation.

Unless three-time statewide loser Johnny Kennedy (D/Kerry supporter-R/Bush supporter) can somehow corral the nebulous idea of change into votes from Independents and John Breaux Democrats-- he sure knows a thing about change,  like party change! -- Kennedy will fall short will 48-49% of the vote like Jenkins and Terrell did.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »

Extra Information:

Landrieu is viewed favorable by 59%, unfavorable by 37%.

Kennedy is viewed favorable by 57%, unfavorable by 31%.

Gov. Bobby Jindal gets a 67-31 approval rating.

Good approval ratings for Landrieu.  I don't think Kennedy is a very good challenger really; if Obama is capable of bringing out a strong black turnout in Louisiana, Landrieu may be able to do it - but I think this is a race that will go on long into the night.  The thing is, if McCain wins by around the margin Bush did in 2004 (56%-42%), it will be hard for Landrieu.  She has never run for re-election alongside a Republican winning Louisiana (Clinton carried the state when she was first elected in 1996).
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

Landrieu is really one of the unluckiest senators ever.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:57:43 PM »

So when Landrieu leads close, people still assume the race is going to close, but when Musgrove leads close, people still call me an idiot for thinking that that race is going to be close?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »

So when Landrieu leads close, people still assume the race is going to close, but when Musgrove leads close, people still call me an idiot for thinking that that race is going to be close?

Landrieu - Democrat in Republican state. History of having very close elections.

Musgrove - Defeated Democrat in Republican state.

Does this really need to be spelled out every damn time for you?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:50:59 AM »

Landrieu - Democrat in Republican state. History of having very close elections.

Polls trump what some Northern Republican hack thinks.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »

There is more to election analysis than polls.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:54:46 AM »

Harry, people always lose the argument that I'm a hack so don't waste your time.

As Franzl stated, some of us look beyond just the polls. You're really digging yourself quite a hole with your arrogant attitude about Musgrove.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »

Landrieu is really one of the unluckiest senators ever.

I fail to see how she's unlucky.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 12:36:14 PM »

Harry, people always lose the argument that I'm a hack so don't waste your time.

As Franzl stated, some of us look beyond just the polls. You're really digging yourself quite a hole with your arrogant attitude about Musgrove.
Actually, polls are all that Wickerites can hold onto.  Analysis beyond the polls suggests a Musgrove win, as he's already won 2 statewide races and Wicker is such a weak candidate.  The polls show it close though.
As far as arrogance goes, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  If anyone, it's you who's being arrogant by proclaiming that Wicker wins a double digit victory when there's nothing to suggest that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »

Analysis beyond the polls suggests a Musgrove win, as he's already won 2 statewide races and Wicker is such a weak candidate. 

He's already won two statewide races...but lost his last one by a comfortable margin. How many times do you want to argue this?

By the way, the "Wicker is weak" point is getting tiring. That (R) next to his name will be strong enough even if he is "weak."
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »

I would never vote for KKKennedy in Louisiana.

You're very clever.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 01:15:12 PM »

Analysis beyond the polls suggests a Musgrove win, as he's already won 2 statewide races and Wicker is such a weak candidate. 

He's already won two statewide races...but lost his last one by a comfortable margin. How many times do you want to argue this?

By the way, the "Wicker is weak" point is getting tiring. That (R) next to his name will be strong enough even if he is "weak."
There is no R next to his name (again).  Special elections are nonpartisan.
Bluegrass Cruiser 420
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 01:15:31 PM »

I would never vote for KKKennedy in Louisiana.

However, Landrieu is overall too liberal for my tastes, but too conservative on environmental issues. Al Gore is the only person who is correct on those issues to me. Even the Sierra Club is too far right on the environment for me.

I don't what the hell you mean by that since obviously Kennedy no connections to any KKK group, but I must ask, does that extend to Sen. Robert "KKK" Byrd?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »

Well, I don't recall you ever saying that before. What a completely assinine quirk.

Anyway, I'll concede that that likely does help Musgrove out a bit but he's still losing and by more than ten points.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 02:28:20 PM »

Good job hijacking the thread, Harry.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »

Well, I don't recall you ever saying that before. What a completely assinine quirk.

Anyway, I'll concede that that likely does help Musgrove out a bit but he's still losing and by more than ten points.

It has been mentioned before, I'm sure of that.

But I think you're right, Musgrove will lose by a significant margin. Do you really think it will help Musgrove that his party isn't named on the ballot? I'm sure his opponent will spend the next several months doing precisely that.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 03:02:10 PM »

It's been discussed on just about every thread about this race...
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »

Increased black turnout due to Obama should be able to give Landrieu the extra couple percentage points she needs to hold her seat.

That's the answer to everything!
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »

It has been mentioned before, I'm sure of that.

But I think you're right, Musgrove will lose by a significant margin. Do you really think it will help Musgrove that his party isn't named on the ballot? I'm sure his opponent will spend the next several months doing precisely that.

I think it will be closer than people believe - but Musgrove will still lose.  However, if he already has 47% in polls - I don't see how he doesn't at least hold onto that - or at least not sink below 45%.  My predictions:

MISSISSIPPI PRESIDENT -
55% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama

MISSISSIPPI SENATE -
52% (R) Wicker
47% (D) Musgrove
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 12:21:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does such a thing exist?  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies