Official DNC RBC Committee Discussion over MI and FL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:30:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official DNC RBC Committee Discussion over MI and FL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Official DNC RBC Committee Discussion over MI and FL  (Read 11624 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2008, 06:20:03 PM »

If Hilliary really want to united the party she needs to drop out, but whatever, hello President McCain.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »

So Obama needs around 20-25 Superdelegates to endorse him between now and Tuesday night in order to get him over the mark. Can he do it?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2008, 06:23:30 PM »

So Obama needs around 20-25 Superdelegates to endorse him between now and Tuesday night in order to get him over the mark. Can he do it?

It might be better to do it with Montana and South Dakota, contests he'll almost certainly win, I'd think.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »

Obama getting 30 delegates despite not even being on the Michigan ballot. What a god damn joke.

Yeah, the Obama team (as well as the Edwards team) did a horrible thing by following the rules and request of the DNC. They did exactly what where were supposed to do.

It was a voluntary request by the DNC.

Huh?  What was a voluntary request by the DNC?  The DNC never said anything about who should be on the Michigan ballot.  They considered the Michigan primary to be a meaningless contest, and so didn't care about what was on the ballot.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2008, 06:24:53 PM »

I personally think he’ll save them up like some have suggested and just have them all endorse him at the same time during a big press conference the day after the final primaries. Even then, I’m not sure Clinton would drop out, but I have to think she would.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2008, 06:25:25 PM »

It might be better to do it with Montana and South Dakota, contests he'll almost certainly win, I'd think.

No, no - 20-25 when taking into account the results from Montana, South Dakota and Puerto Rico.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »

Rumors are that he's stockpiled 30 superdelegates already.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »

Just bring John Denver out on stage and please the crowd already!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »

Rumors are the supers are waiting until Wednesday morning, June 4 to declare so as to give Montana and South Dakota due consideration.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »

Guy this is over, Hilliary is in this for herself and don't care about the party or America. She will take this to Denver. The party will be split and we will have McCain as president.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »

Just bring John Denver out on stage and please the crowd already!

Oh my, they're going to be awfully disappointed when they hear the news!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »

Guy this is over, Hilliary is in this for herself and don't care about the party or America. She will take this to Denver. The party will be split and we will have McCain as president.

Eh, Jerry Brown took it to the Convention in 1992 and no one cared because Bill Clinton was the presumptive nominee.  Hillary Clinton's threat this year is about as serious as Ron Paul's threat to disrupt the RNC this year.  By August, no one will care what those has-beens say.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2008, 06:34:26 PM »

Jerry Brown and Ron Paul had/have supporters?
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2008, 06:34:37 PM »

President McCain.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »

Hey, someone had to be second place in Idaho!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2008, 06:36:30 PM »

I agree that we will be singing Hail to the Chief to President John Sydney McCain.  Not that that would be a bad thing, though.  Even as an Obama supporter, I would be very happy with President McCain.  He is NOT a third Bush term.
Conan
conan

« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »

There was a same rumor going on about Clinton having superdelegates stockpiled, too.  If Obama is savvy or capable enough, which he certainly is, then he probably does.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »

There was a same rumor going on about Clinton having superdelegates stockpiled, too.  If Obama is savvy or capable enough, which he certainly is, then he probably does.

I actually haven't heard that rumor about Clinton.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »

The Obama campaign denied the "Superdelegate bank" rumor on Thursday
Conan
conan

« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2008, 06:40:17 PM »

Please. So is Barack Obama. He has no experience or accomplishments, and has been so ambitious in that he'd quit his church for political convenience and run for president shorter than 2 years after being sworn in as a US senator. He is as ambitious as it gets.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2008, 06:41:47 PM »

As of Tuesday, Barack Obama will be the official presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party.  At which point Mrs. Clinton and her bitter supporters will be also-rans.  If they contest from that point, they look like sore losers and jokes (not that she doesn't already).  The contest, were it to happen, will  be tabled and not reach the convention floor. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid will use their leadership positions to round up Congressmen and Senators backing Clinton and force them to back down (or at least Pelosi will).  If Hillary Clinton tries to upset our convention, she'll only show the entire world how little power she actually retains in the Democratic Party.  I don't think a Clinton challenge will damage Obama one whit.
Conan
conan

« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2008, 06:42:05 PM »

There was a same rumor going on about Clinton having superdelegates stockpiled, too.  If Obama is savvy or capable enough, which he certainly is, then he probably does.

I actually haven't heard that rumor about Clinton.
No. This was a long time ago. Like in February after her losing streak.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2008, 06:43:19 PM »

As of Tuesday, Barack Obama will be the official presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party.  At which point Mrs. Clinton and her bitter supporters will be also-rans.  If they contest from that point, they look like sore losers and jokes (not that she doesn't already).  The contest, were it to happen, will  be tabled and not reach the convention floor. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid will use their leadership positions to round up Congressmen and Senators backing Clinton and force them to back down (or at least Pelosi will).  If Hillary Clinton tries to upset our convention, she'll only show the entire world how little power she actually retains in the Democratic Party.  I don't think a Clinton challenge will damage Obama one whit.

That doesn't answer my question, but thanks for giving your opinion anyway!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »

Please. So is Barack Obama. He has no experience or accomplishments, and has been so ambitious in that he'd quit his church for political convenience and run for president shorter than 2 years after being sworn in as a US senator. He is as ambitious as it gets.

I guarantee you that if the wins the two candidates had were reversed, Obama would've dropped out after Wisconsin (the point where it was clear who the nominee would be), just as Clinton should have.
Conan
conan

« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2008, 06:43:50 PM »

I don't think her and her probable majority of voters will not carry any weight.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies