What election scenario would my candidacy most benefit from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:17:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What election scenario would my candidacy most benefit from?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What election scenario would my candidacy most benefit from?  (Read 1175 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »

What scenario in a national election would my candidacy, supposing I ran as a Southern or Midwestern Senator with military experience benefit most from? What type of national climate? What would mine and the opposing Democratic campaign be like, in your opinion?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »

well obviously, the best situation would be if the democrat is involved in a sex scandal a couple of weeks before the election (but republicans have been better at that recently).

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »

You're best off following a 2 term Democratic President, in a year in which national security would be an issue of importance.  It would also help to run against someone from New England or the West Coast.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »

You have been VP for eight years under a popular Republican.  Domestically everything is going well, but the Middle East is tense as usual.  People vote for you in hopes of keeping the nation steady.

The campaign would be similar to 1988 George H.W. Bush v. Mike Dukakis with you playing the role of Bush.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »

You're best off following a 2 term Democratic President, in a year in which national security would be an issue of importance.  It would also help to run against someone from New England or the West Coast.

^^^What he said.

National Security is of importance because the current president bombed Tehran. His VP (previously a Senator from Vermont) is running on a "what he did was reprehensible, we should make peace with Iran" platform. The FBI uncovers a terrorist bomb plot a couple of weeks before the election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies