KY: Switch from Mitch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:11:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  KY: Switch from Mitch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: KY: Switch from Mitch  (Read 4617 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 02:05:09 PM »

McConnell will win in KY, but at least he'll have to spend a lot of time camaigning and spend a ton of money.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this race was vaguely close.  I am surprised (and deeply skeptical) that Lunsford is not only close, but ahead by 5 points.

Eh.  We'll wait and see if this turns out to be anything more than a blip.  If it does, the GOP is in serious trouble.  If it doesn't...they're still in serious trouble, but they'll at least hang on to a competent and skilled Senate Minority Leader.
Conan
conan

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »

McCain will probably win Kentucky somewhere with a margin like 62-35 so McConnell will still win.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »

This is probably an outlier, but Mitch is by no means safe.  The RSCC will probably need to spend money everywhere except for Wyoming and Tennessee Smiley
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »

This is probably an outlier, but Mitch is by no means safe.  The RSCC will probably need to spend money everywhere except for Wyoming and Tennessee Smiley

Not even Wyoming is safe from the Tsunami, my friend. Smiley
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »

McConnell up 11 points in internal polling

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) holds an 11-point lead over his Democratic opponent, businessman Bruce Lunsford, according to the McConnell campaign’s internal polling released today.

The poll shows McConnell leading Lunsford 50 to 39 percent in a head-to-head matchup, The numbers are unchanged in McConnell’s internal polling since Lunsford won the Democratic primary this month.

The poll also shows McConnell holding a strong job approval rating: 57 percent of respondents said they approved of McConnell’s job performance while 30 percent disapproved.

Fifty-five percent of voters had a favorable impression of McConnell, while 32 percent had an unfavorable impression. Lunsford had a lower net favorability rating: 34 percent held a positive impression of him, while 20 percent had an unfavorable impression.

The poll surveyed 600 likely voters between May 21-22, and was conducted by the GOP firm Voter/Consumer Research. The poll has a four percent margin of error.

It contradicts the numbers from a newly-released automated Rasmussen poll, which shows Lunsford leading McConnell, 49 to 44 percent.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0508/McConnell_up_11_points_in_internal_polling.html

This gives credence to the Rasmussen poll - being only up 11% in your own internal seems surprisingly low.  I would have expected 15%-20% - perhaps McConnell really is in danger? 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »

There's a difference between an internal and an "internal."  Unfortunately it's impossible to tell the difference.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 06:43:06 PM »

Sad

if McConnell finds a way to lose I will regretfully burn a flag in his honor
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »

Who has the most COH of any Senator up for reelection? Mitch McConnell. Who is the most adroit Republican Senate tactician for parliamentary and political matters? Mitch McConnell. Who won a stunning upset in 1984 with an innovative TV ad featuring bloodhounds tailing his absentee opponent? Mitch McConnell. Who do I think can use Barack Obama to sink Lunsford's chances? Mitch McConnell.

Barring a seismic shift in public opinion about Barack Obama in KY, I don't see how Lunsford can win this race.
Bluegrass Cruiser 420
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »

Who has the most COH of any Senator up for reelection? Mitch McConnell. Who is the most adroit Republican Senate tactician for parliamentary and political matters? Mitch McConnell. Who won a stunning upset in 1984 with an innovative TV ad featuring bloodhounds tailing his absentee opponent? Mitch McConnell. Who do I think can use Barack Obama to sink Lunsford's chances? Mitch McConnell.

Barring a seismic shift in public opinion about Barack Obama in KY, I don't see how Lunsford can win this race.

I would also require a third party candidate to splint the anti-Lunsford vote and McConnell to run a horrible re-election campaign (something he has never done).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies