GWB: An Alternate Portrait of a Man
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:55:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  GWB: An Alternate Portrait of a Man
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GWB: An Alternate Portrait of a Man  (Read 1313 times)
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2008, 04:21:37 PM »

Coming this summer to a What-if Thread near you...

"Mr. Perfect.  Mr. F*king God Almighty.  Mr. War Hero.  You wanna go mano-a-mano, right here?"

"We have reports that the President of the United States has been shot."

"I've lost two fiancees, my money, my company, and my dad.  What the hell do I do now?"  "Run for Congress.  This time, you'll win."

A GEORGE W. HOBBES Production.

GWB
An Alternate Portrait of a Man
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 04:24:43 PM »

This should be good onre. I cannot wait until you begin on another one of your timelines again Mr. Hobbes. Hopefully it will be as good, or even better as that West Wingesque timeline regarding the re-election of George H.W. Bush in 1992.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 04:32:09 PM »

Cool!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 04:33:04 PM »

"3½ stars out of 4" - Roger Ebert

"A rip-roaring thrill ride!" - Variety

"Better than Schindler's List!" - Newsweek
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 05:13:34 PM »

Part I: I’ve Seen Better Days

September 17, 1982
Bush Family Compound
Kennebunkport, Connecticut

George W. Bush stared at the shot glass of fine Tennessee, Number Seven whiskey.  His finger mindlessly ran around the ring of the crystal. 

On the table was a picture of a wiry, yet tough looking man in a blue suit.  Bush locked eyes with the steely gaze of the portrait and sighed.

The whiskey was down Bush’s throat before he even knew he had drank it.

March 30, 1981
Washington Hilton Hotel
Washington, D.C.

“That wouldn’t be prudent at this juncture, Sam.  That’s the kind of idle speculation about this Administration that is detrimental to the good work that the Vice President and I have—”

Three shots rang out.  The first hit President George H.W. Bush directly in the throat, and the 40th chief magistrate’s hands jumped up to staunch the bleeding.  The second shot hit the President squarely in the chest, and he tumbled down on the pavement, red liquid pooling around him.

The third shot hit Sam Donaldson in the forehead, who had managed to secure a few minutes for a walking interview with President Bush.  The ABC reporter was dead before he hit the ground.

March 31, 1981
George Washington University Hospital
Washington, D.C.

Doctor Joseph Giordano blinked.  The camera lights were uncomfortable, and he was unsuccessful in his effort to fight nature’s urge to protect the eyes from harmful brightness.  He took a deep breath and began

“Ladies and gentlemen, this evening George H.W. Bush, the President of the United States, died.  Despite this hospital’s best efforts, and the fact that the President is—was a healthy specimen,” What the hell was that for?  Specimen?  He’s the f*king President of the United States, not a lab frog, “Uh, male.  He did not regain consciousness after admission to the hospital.  He died peacefully.”

April 3, 1981
National Cathedral
Washington, D.C.

President Jack Kemp ambled to the podium, pausing to hold the hand of the grieving former First Lady.  His nose wrinkled a bit.  The alcohol stench coming from her son, George, who was sitting next to her was a bit overpowering.

Poor kid’s been hit worse than anything the Jets ever sent my way.  Let him be.

After reaching the pulpit, Kemp began his speech.  Governor Reagan had lent one of his speechwriters, Peggy Noonan, for this one.

“There is a fifty-first star in our hearts today.  George Herbert Walker Bush, a great man, a great leader, and the most patriotic American I ever met, has slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God.  We will miss him, but I know that this Nation will continue to fight for what George always believed in: true liberty, shared prosperity, and national security.”

There was a loud sob.  Out of the corner of his eye, President Kemp saw Barbara Bush offer her son a handkerchief.

September 17, 1982
Bush Family Compound
Kennebunkport, Maine

“George, are you drinking again?”

Laura Welch Bush confidently strode into the den, her eyes shooting daggers at the bottle of Jack Daniels in front of her husband.

“Just a nightcap honey.”

“George, it’s four o’clock.”

“Then an afternooncap.”

Pain etched Laura’s face and she sat down next to her husband.  “Bushie, listen to me.  I don’t mind a little drinking, but this has gotten ridiculous.  They need you at Spectrum.  I need you.  The twins need a full-time father.”

George W. Bush poured another shot, and held the glass in his hand.

“George, it’s either the Jack Daniels or me.”

The son of the fortieth President of the United States took the shot.

Laura Bush walked away, packed her bags, took the kids, and went back to Texas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies