Cannabis to be reclassified in UK
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:49:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Cannabis to be reclassified in UK
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cannabis to be reclassified in UK  (Read 1215 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:32 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7386889.stm

Good idea.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:45:35 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2008, 08:50:47 AM by Grandfather Clock »

And the coalition of Police-and-Tabloids get their way yet again (though that this would happen was made clear a while back).

A pointless gesture, but then pointless gestures are part of the job description of Home Secretary these days. From what I remember of the classification structure all these change means is the jail sentence for possession goes up a few years... and that's totally meaningless unless the police get stupid and start to try prosecuting users on a grand scale again.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:16:26 AM »

Bad idea and against the advice of the experts. The law was fine as it stood.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »

Sorry fellow freedom lovers.  We hoped that once the Baby Boomers were in charge they'd fix idiot things like this, but alas they grew up and turned into their parents.  Lets hope we won't do the same.

(as a GenX'er I'm sure I won't/haven't.  On the other hand, you EchoBoomers/GenY'ers/Millennials I'm not so sure about.)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

Sorry fellow freedom lovers.  We hoped that once the Baby Boomers were in charge they'd fix idiot things like this, but alas they grew up and turned into their parents.  Lets hope we won't do the same.

(as a GenX'er I'm sure I won't/haven't.  On the other hand, you EchoBoomers/GenY'ers/Millennials I'm not so sure about.)

It's only a matter of time before soft drugs are legalized. It should be sooner rather than later, of course, but it will happen eventually.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »

Us millenials are pretty pro-marijuana if not anything else. I definitely think Marijuana will be decriminalized within the next 20 years. Im just not sure if all those 80's young conservatives will agree with us or not. I feel the drug war overall needs to be stopped. Taking just one drug off the books is a little idiotic aint it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies