NC Insider Advantage: Obama only up 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:54:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NC Insider Advantage: Obama only up 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC Insider Advantage: Obama only up 3  (Read 4111 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »

http://www.internetnewsagency.com/storylink_55_389.aspx

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The crosstabs look correct and adjusted, unlike IA's previous poll.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:41:58 AM »

Clinton will not get 17% of the black vote.  Throw it out. 
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:53:20 AM »

Some of you Obama supporters are unreal. What is so out of the realm about Hillary receiving 17% of the black vote? She received that much in Texas and Ohio.

You guys can't just throw out every poll that doesn't show the great Messiah leading by 25 points.

In addition, this poll shows Hillary only 58% of the white vote. She could get up to 62%. How come the Obamacult never factors that into the equation?

Most of you have some of the most absurd selective reasoning and cognitive dissonance. It is sickening. Now I know what AHHDuke has been talking about over the last month...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:31 AM »

the black vote for hillary is too high in this poll.

but in my opinion, the white vote for hillary is too low too.

and not that it makes much difference, i seriously doubt hispanics will make up 4% of the voters.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »

Some of you Obama supporters are unreal. What is so out of the realm about Hillary receiving 17% of the black vote? She received that much in Texas and Ohio.

You guys can't just throw out every poll that doesn't show the great Messiah leading by 25 points.

In addition, this poll shows Hillary only 58% of the white vote. She could get up to 62%. How come the Obamacult never factors that into the equation?

Most of you have some of the most absurd selective reasoning and cognitive dissonance. It is sickening. Now I know what AHHDuke has been talking about over the last month...

Well in the early voting they said that Obama has been getting 90% of the black vote. I'm not saying Clinton couldn't get 17% of the black vote, but I don't think she will.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »

That coming from you...
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »

When she's been getting less than 10% recently ... so yes it is out of the realm of reason IMO.

You wanna talk about selective reasoning?  You people still think Hillary is gonna win this thing!  I know it's been revealed that Obama is an elitist anti-American who will wage civil war on small town America, and I understand it's very depressing for you, but maybe then it wasn't such a good idea for Hillary to ignore half the primary season (and get trounced by anywhere from 30-50 pts in some states) to pander exclusively to OH and PA so she could make an absurd argument about her ability to win big states. 

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008D/polls.php?type=src&source_id=34

Take a look at IA's track record in the south. Hmmm, I notice a pattern...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 11:08:27 AM »

Probably not this close, but NC is not like Georgia or Alabama in terms of the electorate. You all can whine all  you want about the black vote being wrong, Obama will not only Hillary to only 58% of the white vote. That's about as bad as suggesting that Hillary will get 17% of the black vote. She'll get more like 62-65%. Don't toss this, though. IA's only major debunkle was Alabama. NC isn't nearly as black as AL.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

Only Alabama?

Mississippi:
IA - Obama +6
Actual - Obama +24

Virginia:
IA - Obama +15
Actual - Obama +28

Tennessee:
IA - Hillary +20
Actual - Hillary +13

Georgia:
IA - Obama +15
Actual - Obama +35

South Carolina:
IA - Obama +10
Actual - Obama +29

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »

Does anybody really think we would have the Obamafolk in here discounting the pollster in question's integrity if St. Obama was up by 30 points?

No, they would be saying that Insider Advantage had a terrific track record. They would be saying that Insider Advantage pretty much nailed Pennsylvania and Texas, among other polls.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 11:17:12 AM »

Can't dispute numbers, let's resort to ad hominems.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »

Umm... aren't you the one who is disputing the numbers in this poll?

I wasn't.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 11:25:28 AM »

I wasn't.

I'm referring to the numbers I posted. IA consistently underpolls Obama in the south. It's a fact.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2008, 11:41:08 AM by Alcon »

I'm not sure how they managed to get Obama +3 out of this breakdown.  I'm getting something more like Obama +5-8.

I do not buy this poll.  IA is showing no indications of having fixed the trouble they had in previous polls of the South.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »

I wasn't.

I'm referring to the numbers I posted. IA consistently underpolls Obama in the south. It's a fact.

Now you know what it's like to deal with you and some of the other Obama supporters. It's frustrating when people don't listen to facts and logic.

I still think that Obama will win NC by 10% or more, but I hardly expect t to be a 20-30% route like it was back when he still was viewed as a Messiah by a lot of people. NC does not have as large a black electorate, and the whites will not vote for Obama like they did in VA. He'll be lucky to get 35-38%. Obama is far more damaged now than he was Super Tuesday through Wisconsin.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 01:13:33 PM »

I wasn't.

Now you know what it's like to deal with you and some of the other Obama supporters. It's frustrating when people don't listen to facts and logic.

I still think that Obama will win NC by 10% or more, but I hardly expect t to be a 20-30% route like it was back when he still was viewed as a Messiah by a lot of people. NC does not have as large a black electorate, and the whites will not vote for Obama like they did in VA. He'll be lucky to get 35-38%. Obama is far more damaged now than he was Super Tuesday through Wisconsin.

When have I said in this thread that it'll be by 20-30 points?

I've simply pointed out that IA consistently underpolls Obama and thus this poll is by their record likely way off. Obama winning by 10 would fit in with that. You claimed it was only Alabama, and I have debunked that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 08:00:13 PM »

I love how nobody entered this because it makes Obama look bad.

Database entry: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008D/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=3720080504034
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:16 PM »

More than likely because it's just an all around bad poll. But thank you for at least linking the entry to this thread rather than make a whole new one.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »

More than likely because it's just an all around bad poll. But thank you for at least linking the entry to this thread rather than make a whole new one.

If we eliminated all around bad polls, we wouldn't have had many for New Hampshire.  We can't be excluding polls because they don't agree with our predictions.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »

If we eliminated all around bad polls, we wouldn't have had many for New Hampshire.  We can't be excluding polls because they don't agree with our predictions.

There's a difference between the polls being just wrong due to different dynamics (New Hampshire) and really bad disasters of polls (ARG)

IA isn't necessarily on the level of ARG, but they clearly haven't fixed their habit of chronically underpolling Obama in the south.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 01:43:17 AM »

lol@this entire effing thread

Ive acknowledged the fact that it has started to become slightly competetive in North Carolina....but 3 points? I dont think so...

and Chris when did you suddetly turn into a mindless anti-obama drone....pretty sure you were one of the strongest supporters of him and then suddenly you've fipped and now its come down to "oh lulz Obama sucks and so does his supporters...el oh el...im soo much higher than them all of a sudden.."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies