6 months left...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:23:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  6 months left...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6 months left...  (Read 641 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »

The question I have is, will these last 6 months be filled mostly with a bitter primary battle or will we be able to spend most of these last 6 months with a muddy general election?

Remember, Denver is still a bit more than 3 1/2 months from now.

I believe that once the primaries wrap up one month from tomorrow, that the superdelegates will realize that there are no more primaries and go ahead and move to one side or the other, presumably Obama's side, and then the nominee will be known by July 4.  We may not have to wait for Clinton to drop out, as Obama CAN clinch if the supers go his way in the numbers he needs.  I just hope that once Obama is known as the nominee that Clinton will bow out as gracefully as Huckabee did when McCain became the presumptive nominee.  (I would hope that if Obama ends up on the losing end of this, too.  I'm just naming the most likely scenario, as I see it).  Somehow, though, I don't see her bowing out as gracefully as the Huckster.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

The next month will see if Obama's campaign implodes because of the Wright scandal or rise above it and knock Killary out of the battle.  But I would say that once the conventions are over, the parties will go dirty against one another while the actual candidates try to maintain some sense of civility.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 01:31:22 AM »

The next month will see if Obama's campaign implodes because of the Wright scandal or rise above it and knock Killary out of the battle.  But I would say that once the conventions are over, the parties will go dirty against one another while the actual candidates try to maintain some sense of civility.

I've never seriously wished ill upon any American until I found out who Wright was.  I honestly hope that he dies of a heart attack or something else mundane like that.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 10:25:46 AM »

I can't wait until it ends.  which is odd to say as an alleged 'junkie' but I'm just sick of it and tend not to care anymore.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »

I can't wait until it ends.  which is odd to say as an alleged 'junkie' but I'm just sick of it and tend not to care anymore.

Its because the "high" is gone nothing new or exciting has happened in forever it seems like.  Obama has stagnated (hopefully just temporarily) and Hillary continues to hang on by a very thin thread.  Nothing has happened to change the status quo so we keep seeing and hearing the same things over and over.  We need something new to happen in order for the high to return.
motomonkey
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 07:03:23 AM »

It is difficult to imagine Hillary "bowing out" if she continues to win primaries and getting closer to Obama in delegates, popular vote and states won AND Obama has failed to win the necessary 2025 delegates required for nomination.  Not to mention the MI and FL vote still outstanding.

It is equally difficult to imagine Obama "bowing out" if he continues to hold the lead in delegates, primaries won, and popular vote (not including FL and MI). 

Then you have Howard Dean telling the Super Delegates they need to decide by the end of June and tellign both candidates  that one of them needs to step down by the end of June.  If the race continues on its current trajectory, it seems possible it could go to the convention undecided.  It is like watching two trains wreck head-on in slow motion.
elcorazon

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »

I've never seriously wished ill upon any American until I found out who Wright was.  I honestly hope that he dies of a heart attack or something else mundane like that.
really.  you don't think about the bush administration much, do you?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies