The Liberal Democratic Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 10:29:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Liberal Democratic Party  (Read 4954 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2008, 07:35:10 PM »
« edited: April 29, 2008, 09:13:02 PM by Lt. Governor Warner for Senate '08 »

Licentia quod libertas pro totus.

Preamble

There are many difficult questions which await Atlasia.  What is the best way to preserve our liberties?  How are we to understand Atlasia's relationship with the world at large?  How can we create an economy that is stable, and yet is prosperous for our children and ourselves?  How do we maintain trade relations with our allies without sacrificing our own manufacturing concerns?  How do we prevent social issues from splitting our country apart?

We hope that by applying common sense answers to difficult problems, we can solve the tough issues that we now face.

Economic Issues

The Atlasian Independent Party is devoted to securing economic prosperity for all of Atlasia’s citizens.  We hope to do this by balancing free trade with protecting the jobs we already have.

Business

Without strong businesses, the Atlasian economy cannot function.  Therefore, the Atlasian Independent Party support a minimal amount of governmental interference in the affair of businesses.

Education

Without education, no person, or nation, can better its standing in the world.  Unfortunately, our education system is faltering; we continue to rank lower and lower in the fields of science and mathematics, two areas which will be critical in the future.  We need to have a standard curriculum throughout Atlasia, rather than leaving it to the beck and call of the locals, so that our entire nation can life itself up through education.  In addition to increasing our abilities in science and mathematics, we need our students to study in foreign languages, so that they can compete throughout the globe.

We recognize the importance of higher education, as well as the fact that not every family can afford to have their children experience a college education.  Therefore, we support a fully public educational system, paid for by the government, so that all of Atlasia’s citizens can have the joy of a college education.

National Debt

No one can doubt that the national debt is a serious issue.  If we are busy paying off our debt, then we will not have the money to pay for the important things, such as education and health care.  The Atlasian Independent Party supports a vigorous program to rid Atlasia of its national debt.

Taxes

The Atlasian Independent Party supports finding a way to lower taxes; however, if taxes need to be raised in order to pay for the necessities of a society, then so be it.

Trade

There needs to be a very careful distinction between free trade and protecting Atlasian jobs.  We oppose the practice of outsourcing, and believe that free trade means only that countries shall erect no tariffs and quotas preventing the free flow of goods between friendly nations.

Foreign Policy Issues

Atlasia has, and must remain, a major player on the world stage.  Atlasia should be a force for good in the world, and should support the rise of democracies in Africa and Asia, not hesitating to send economic aide to any struggling newborn nation.

Global Involvement

Atlasia should never have to act alone in a military endeavour.  We should act responsibly on the world stage, in concert with our allies and only when we ourselves, our allies or the very nature of human rights have been put under threat.

The Military

The Atlasian Independent Party has the utmost levels of respect for the men and women in uniform, regardless of race, creed or other orientations.  As the world has changed, so too should our military.  We need to adapt our military to fit the times; changing from a Cold War level to a modern fighting force capable of handling many kinds of missions and deployment situations.

We need to continue finding ways to recruit, and properly train, each younger generation of Atlasians willing to devote their lives to our military.

The primary focus of our military should always be the defense of the homeland and our interests.

Israel

Atlasia has no greater ally in the world than the State of Israel.  We must remain firm allies of Israel, and hope to achieve peace in the explosive Middle East.

Global Democracy

The Atlasian Independent Party firmly opposes all non Democratically elected countries, and should work to eliminate all dictatorships, as well as countries where there are severe human rights violations in the name of “democracy.”  We must put pressure on countries such as Zimbabwe, Libya, the Sudan, Eritrea, China, and Iran.

The Government

The Atlasian Independent Party believes in a strong legislative branch, with weaker executive and judicial branches.  We also believe that the Federal government reserves the right to have the final say in any and all matters that affect Atlasia.

Civil Rights

The Atlasian Independent Party strongly believes in the Civil Rights afforded to the people of this country, including the right to freedom of speech, religion, petition, association, habeas corpus, trial by jury, and numerous others.  We also believe strongly in the FBI, CIA, NSA and other organizations that protect the people from those who abuse or seek to destroy those rights.  Although there are times when these rights may need to be abridged, these times will hopefully be kept short, and only called upon in the most dire of situations.

Social Issues

The Atlasian Independent Party feels that neither the federal government nor the regional governments have any right to say how the citizens of Atlasia should conduct themselves in the privacy of their own homes.  However, the Atlasian Independent Party feels that, if any action is to be taken, it should be on the regional, and not federal, level.

Environment

The Atlasian Independent Party fully supports the Kyoto Treaty, as well as all attempts to create safer, more environmentally friendly vehicles.

The Atlasian Independent Party also supports finding ways to regulate the environmental practices of such developing countries as China and India, which are expected to be the leading polluters by the year 2050.  We support having the UN and other developed countries working closely with India and China to find ways to stem the pollution coming from these countries.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »

good luck
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »

Thank you; care to join?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »

Happy birthday (in a few days). Change the friggin' name and remove the stance on Israel and you might get somewhere.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »

Seems interesting.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »

If anyone has any questions, or suggestions, please post them; I'm hoping to get enough people to run a slate in the June elections, for every possible office.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

yeah, what's with the name?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »

It just popped into my head; does anyone else have any suggestions?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »

It just popped into my head; does anyone else have any suggestions?

Liberal Democratic Party?

But the platform is far too sympathetic to heavy industry.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 08:39:02 PM »

I like the name; do any possible members object?

But the platform is far too sympathetic to heavy industry.

How so?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »

Business

Without strong businesses, the Atlasian economy cannot function.  Therefore, the Atlasian Independent Party support a minimal amount of governmental interference in the affair of businesses.

National Debt

If we are busy paying off our debt, then we will not have the money to pay for the important things, such as education and health care.  The Atlasian Independent Party supports a vigorous program to rid Atlasia of its national debt.

Taxes

The Atlasian Independent Party supports finding a way to lower taxes; however, if taxes need to be raised in order to pay for the necessities of a society, then so be it.

Business section seems to go against the idea of a mixed economy; National Debt section states that we don't need the money for education and health care; Taxes section doesn't say anything.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »

Business

National Debt

If we are busy paying off our debt, then we will not have the money to pay for the important things, such as education and health care.  The Atlasian Independent Party supports a vigorous program to rid Atlasia of its national debt.

Taxes

Business section seems to go against the idea of a mixed economy; National Debt section states that we don't need the money for education and health care; Taxes section doesn't say anything.

For the section on Business, I should have been more specific: I want to enforce the current anti-trust laws, but not add anything new; for the National Debt, I'm saying that we need to pay it off, so that we can pay for education and health care; I agree about the Taxes section.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 08:59:33 PM »

Business

National Debt

Taxes

For the section on Business, I should have been more specific: I want to enforce the current anti-trust laws, but not add anything new; for the National Debt, I'm saying that we need to pay it off, so that we can pay for education and health care; I agree about the Taxes section.

You said that if we're paying it off, we won't have money. Then you advise paying it off. That's probably an innocent mistake on your part.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »

Business

National Debt

Taxes

You said that if we're paying it off, we won't have money. Then you advise paying it off. That's probably an innocent mistake on your part.

Yeah. let's go with that.  By the way, I've adopted The Liberal Democratic Party as the new name, in case anyone wants to register (hint, hint).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »

Happy birthday (in a few days). Change the friggin' name and remove the stance on Israel and you might get somewhere.

Might want to read the Civil Rights section a bit closer, too. (Not so much the substance as the implications behind some of the mealy-mouthed political speak.)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 01:28:56 AM »

Good Luck with the new Political enterprise Mr. Lieutenant Governor Smiley. I wonder how long this intends to last?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 07:19:43 AM »

Might want to read the Civil Rights section a bit closer, too. (Not so much the substance as the implications behind some of the mealy-mouthed political speak.)

What are you implying?

Good Luck with the new Political enterprise Mr. Lieutenant Governor Smiley. I wonder how long this intends to last?

I hope this will last a long time; I plan on running candidates in every possible election.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »

We also believe strongly in the FBI, CIA, NSA and other organizations that protect the people from those who abuse or seek to destroy those rights.

Sounds suspiciously like implying support for domestic wiretapping et al. to me.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 02:53:58 PM »

We also believe strongly in the FBI, CIA, NSA and other organizations that protect the people from those who abuse or seek to destroy those rights.

Sounds suspiciously like implying support for domestic wiretapping et al. to me.

We do not support domestic wiretapping, unless it is provided by a court order.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 03:19:45 PM »

That will be hard with one member.

I hope this will last a long time; I plan on running candidates in every possible election.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 03:23:09 PM »

That's why I am hoping more people will join the LDP.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 03:30:36 AM »

Sorry Ben, but there are serious foreign policy issues apart from (but including) Israel that deserve equal attention.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 07:14:46 AM »

Sorry Ben, but there are serious foreign policy issues apart from (but including) Israel that deserve equal attention.

I am absolutely aware of that, but I was unsure of whether or not to include a country-by-country policy in the platform.  If people would like, I can publish such a statement.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »

Do you what other party shares the abbreviation "LDP"?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 09:00:57 AM »

Do you what other party shares the abbreviation "LDP"?

lolz

Maybe someone should set up a party with the abbreviation "DC"...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies