So much for the latest manufactured story hurting Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:32:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  So much for the latest manufactured story hurting Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So much for the latest manufactured story hurting Obama  (Read 1685 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2008, 03:20:37 PM »

The media and the Clinton and McCain campaigns teamed up to attack Obama for mentioning the existence of wedge issues. After running wild with this story since the 11th, Gallup has shown Obama up a record 11 points over Clinton. The latest poll was taken April 12-14.

The elite New York and Los Angeles media have failed to convince those rural voters in flyover states that the less wealthy of the 2 Democratic nominees is an elitist.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:21:57 PM »

It likely will hurt more in the general election. Obama's voters in the primary most likely agree and believe with what he said.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »

Smiley

These "scandals" shouldn't be hurting him.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »

It likely will hurt more in the general election. Obama's voters in the primary most likely agree and believe with what he said.

There seems to be little movement in the general election polls. His margin is a whole point worse then a few days ago, but is about 4 points better than it was a couple of weeks ago.

Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »

I thought the Wright thing was serious and Obama deserved to answer to that. But yeah, this latest "scandal" is retarded.
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »

All these things will hurt Obama immensely in the general election because the Republicans will paint a composite picture of Obama as just another liberal elitist.  And it will work, too, in the states that count:  Ohio, Michigan, and PA, among others.   Combine that with his Muslim name, his one term in the Senate, his wife's gaffes, and I'm finding it hard to see how Obama can pull all this off.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

All these things will hurt Obama immensely in the general election because the Republicans will paint a composite picture of Obama as just another liberal elitist.  And it will work, too, in the states that count:  Ohio, Michigan, and PA, among others.   Combine that with his Muslim name, his one term in the Senate, his wife's gaffes, and I'm finding it hard to see how Obama can pull all this off.

Whats with you and his wife? She made one mistake a couple months ago and actually hasn't been in the media light since then...so I think you might be exaggerating just a little on Michelle's "gaffes". And his name is not going to be a factor at all....I think some of of the stuff your thinking up is just wishful thinking tbh.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 04:41:30 PM »

I thought the Wright thing was serious and Obama deserved to answer to that. But yeah, this latest "scandal" is retarded.

"Retarded" is the word that captures the essence of it, I think.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 04:43:51 PM »

It used to be being caught with a dead woman or a live boy was bad for your political career, but Obama seems able to charm his way out of any scrap, so I am not sure that is inevitably the case. He's beginning to make Bill Clinton look like an amateur at it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:01:27 PM »

It used to be being caught with a dead woman or a live boy was bad for your political career, but Obama seems able to charm his way out of any scrap, so I am not sure that is inevitably the case. He's beginning to make Bill Clinton look like an amateur at it.

Amen Bro.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 05:04:31 PM »

Hopefully the minor bump he seems to getting from this will be sustained over the coming days.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 05:28:48 PM »

Amen Bro.

This is not a substantial story no matter how many extremely powerful people in the media, Clinton campaign, and McCain campaigns are loudly attacking him.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 05:31:12 PM »

Amen Bro.

It's a conspiracy, man!

This is not a substantial story no matter how many extremely powerful people in the media, Clinton campaign, and McCain campaigns are loudly attacking him.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »

Or maybe it's all just your wishful thinking. You seem to have a hard time distinguishing "wishful thinking" from "facts".
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »

Or maybe it's all just your wishful thinking. You seem to have a hard time distinguishing "wishful thinking" from "facts".

It tends to go hand in hand with snide hackishness.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »

It is way too early to see what, if any effect this will have.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »

Cause this is going to be in the newspapers six months from now... Roll Eyes
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »

We won't see any real effect of this or the Wright controversy until the Pennsylvania primary and even then it's a closed primary. Indiana, two weeks later, being open could shed more light. I'm be surprised if either didn't feature strongly in exit polls

Perhaps all the knee-jerkism may well have subsided by then but should charges of 'elitism', being 'out of touch' or being 'condescending' be contined to be thrown at Obama then they could backfire; indeed, the longer folks continue to fan the flames, the more Obama can counter-attack by arguing that it is not him who would be beholden to elite interests

Dave
zombones

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 08:33:05 PM »

This is irony on a scale not even an elitist writer snob could make up.  How does this latest thing equate with the stuff Clinton did?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 09:09:13 PM »

Whats with you and his wife? She made one mistake a couple months ago and actually hasn't been in the media light since then...so I think you might be exaggerating just a little on Michelle's "gaffes". And his name is not going to be a factor at all....I think some of of the stuff your thinking up is just wishful thinking tbh.

I'm shocked that after 8 years of Bush people still think Americans want another president who talks like a ranch hand.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 09:15:47 PM »

In the General Election you mean, right? 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »

Try the end of the week.  Most of the electorate doesn't read this site.  Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 11:31:32 PM »

Try the end of the week.  Most of the electorate doesn't read this site.  Smiley

It's been all over the news for days, dude.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies