Out of Touch: Anti-McCain Ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:52:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Out of Touch: Anti-McCain Ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Out of Touch: Anti-McCain Ad  (Read 4723 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRV8Q9IBDxk

It tries to tie McCain to the widely disliked George Bush by matching sound bites about the economy.

I'm tempted to make an ad matching sound bites of George Bush to Walker: Texas Ranger bits. This sort of thing is probably effective, but it's not exactly hard to tie anyone with a large record of speaking to anyone else.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »

Great way of misconstruing words. McCain says we are in a recession now. A few months ago, he didn't, but most people weren't saying we were in a recession either. It has only been the Democrats saying that, and they've been saying we were in a recession since Clinton left office.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »

Great way of misconstruing words. McCain says we are in a recession now. A few months ago, he didn't, but most people weren't saying we were in a recession either. It has only been the Democrats saying that, and they've been saying we were in a recession since Clinton left office.

Why, you're almost as good as me at making fine strawmen... do you want a job?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »

Great ad, they should have added Iraq stuff too.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:32:12 PM »

The campaign has yet to begin, and you know what?  the Dems have lots of money this time.  Berry Goldwater, I mean, John McCain is going to have a tough year ahead.

Seriously, do people want a president who triangulates on all the major issues, but is much more hawkish than Bush?

Although, I am begining to think that it is not social issues or extreme economic issues that people don't like about democrats, but it's about the military.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »

The campaign has yet to begin, and you know what?  the Dems have lots of money this time.  Berry Goldwater, I mean, John McCain is going to have a tough year ahead.

Please apologize.

Barry was a good guy, McCain is not!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »

Please apologize.

Tongue
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:44:52 PM »

Please apologize.

Tongue

Count on Modu to get it wrong!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 11:07:50 PM »

Please apologize.

Tongue

Count on Modu to get it wrong!

You're right, Barry was GREAT!  I should had corrected you there as well.  hahaha
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 03:38:13 AM »

It's sad to see people defending Mr. No-American-Wants-To-Pick-Lettuce-For-Fifty-Dollars-An-Hour on the charge of being out of touch.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »

It's sad to see people defending Mr. No-American-Wants-To-Pick-Lettuce-For-Fifty-Dollars-An-Hour on the charge of being out of touch.

I'm not defending McCain, I'm saying the ad is stupid (although likely effective).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 02:07:01 AM »

I hate the ad - but I hate all ads that have that style of short clips, especially when they're on TV screens.  If Reagan campaign did the same thing, I'd have hated it.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »

Well said!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 02:12:08 AM »

Well said!

Thanks. Are you supporting anyone for President?
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »

He's got the senior vote on lockdown.  You can't accuse him of being too scary for the electorate like Goldwater was.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

Well said!

Thanks. Are you supporting anyone for President?

Barr (Libertarian)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »

This is exactly the sort of ad the Dems need to win. Bush is exceptionally unpopular right now and the Dems need to connect McCain to Bush. This will be a challenge because McCain has the "maverick" label. If the Dems can make the public perceive that a McCain presidency will be a "third Bush term," they will have no problems winning the election.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 07:59:17 AM »

This is the only aspect of John McCain's immigration policy with which I agree -- Americans will not do brute (i.e., non-mechanized) agricultural work for any amount of money.

But, more importantly, why do you care?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 08:26:36 AM »

This is the only aspect of John McCain's immigration policy with which I agree -- Americans will not do brute (i.e., non-mechanized) agricultural work for any amount of money.

You really need to get a reality check.

Its not at all unusual for such work to be done by Americans.

Lots of agriculture relies on teen-agers doing such work during the summer vacation.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 09:51:51 AM »

You really need to get a reality check.

Its not at all unusual for such work to be done by Americans.

Lots of agriculture relies on teen-agers doing such work during the summer vacation.

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Education and training. Most farmworkers learn their jobs quickly as they work; many do not have a high school diploma. People without a high school diploma are particularly common in the crop production sector, which is more labor-intensive and employs more migrant farmworkers.

Well, who are crop workers? Overwhelmingly, they are young male Mexicans, with the American contingent limited to old blacks and whites, according to the National Agricultural Workers Survey

It's pretty safe to argue that native born Americans will not perform migrant field labor, unless they have been born into it.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 09:57:54 AM »

Nice to know that you believe whatever lies Bush and his cronies push.

I know what I see.

Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 02:07:30 AM »

I'm assuming you felt the same way about Kerry's "I voted for it before I voted against it" remark also?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies