It's 3 am and the phone is ringing...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:50:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  It's 3 am and the phone is ringing...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: It's 3 am and the phone is ringing...  (Read 6048 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:09:29 AM »

...the Hillary campaign has created another "It's 3 AM and the phone is ringing" 30 second ad. This one attacks McCain for not supporting bailing out foreclosures, and touts Hillary's "plan" to alleviate the problem and create jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpaK-cGO9U
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:18:04 AM »

McCain released one of his own: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/02/hillary-clintons-new-3am_n_94709.html

its at the very bottom.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »

This "3 am" gimmick is really tiresome.  Being able to pick up a ringing phone at an unsociable hour is not exactly a qualification for the Presidency.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:27:46 AM »

This "3 am" gimmick is really tiresome.  Being able to pick up a ringing phone at an unsociable hour is not exactly a qualification for the Presidency.

Plus, who is calling at 3am about the housing market?  France?

This was a very dumb commercial.

I do like how both Obama and now McCain have used Killary's commercial as a rebuttal though.  Good line from the McCain ad:  "Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama just said they'd solve the problem by raising your taxes. More money out of your pocket."

Added on with Killary's comment about us not being able to afford all the plans she has, this just weakens her case even more.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:36:50 AM »

Plus, who is calling at 3am about the housing market?  France?

"Madame President!  Urgent call for you on Line 1!!  It's Mr Arnie Brookes from Lexington - he and his wife have been up all night and have just concluded that they're going to default on a mortgage repayment.  He requires your urgent attention.  Madame President?!"
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

Does anyone find it fitting how every single comment heaps praise on Hillary?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:46:24 PM »

Not in this thread.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 02:50:01 PM »

I came to the conclusion long ago that Youtube comments are arguably the second worst thing on the Internet.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL, and Republican hacks say Obama speaks only in platitudes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »

They're running it on TV in Pittsburgh now......funny as hell.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 07:35:10 PM »

Then I'm not fit to be President. I don't hear anything when I sleep. Thnx Hillary for pointing out to me I'm totallu unfit to be President.

Anybody who sleeps well can't be President. Simple, no?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »

I doubt Hillary would be bothered to pick up a 3AM call about the Economy. Then again, who would?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 10:47:09 PM »

I just saw this and it really seemed like a joke.

3 AM phone call about...the housing crisis. Right.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 08:18:40 AM »

Look, the only thing happing at 3 am is Grandpaw McCain waking up and changing his Depends.

That's because he's all about Security.  Tongue
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 08:54:28 AM »

It's almost like Hillary's doing a spoof of her own ads! What a joke of a commercial!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2008, 07:03:40 PM by Vice-Chairman Xahar »

Comments:

HILLARY SAVE US!

There is very little in this world that would make me more happy than Hillary in the WHITE HOSE! You go, HIL! And when I say "You go" I don't mean "You Go" like "You go away!" because I would never want Hillary to go away! When I have an economic problem at three AM in the Morning I will call HILLARY CLINTON!

Hillary you are my idol. You are why I get up in the morning!

Hillary, if you get the FL delegates, and Michigan I know that you will have enough to win! And go PA! Everyone talk to people and help her!!!

wooohooo! GO HILLARY

Hillary we r behind u all the way to the White House. Hillary 08!

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

I LOVE YOU HILLARY!!!
Take it to the White House!!!
we NEED you!!!!

Hillary is the only candidate (Democrat or Republican) to display readiness to be Commander-in-Chief of the economy on Day One.

Good ad. I trust Hillary on the economy more than anyone else.

Hillary/Edward 08!

Vote for HIllary or we are going to be in bigger trouble than we already are.

i am Very prOud of your Tenacious Efforts gO hillary. we will Bring you bAck to the white house My best wishes to you And your candidacy.

I trust Hillary to answer the call at 3am or 3pm or whenever. I know she will be on top of her game. She is not just in this election to "win" but to effectively do the job that is needed so desperately. My family, friends, colleagues at work, and most of my neighbors love Hillary despite all the media bias and bashing she has been subjected to. The people and not the media will choose the next president. Thank you Hillary for all you are doing to fight for our nation. Hillary08

yeah hillary give power to the women

This gave me "chills". Excellent! I really trust Hillary to do the right thing. Experience is so important.

She would do a fabulous job as president - she is a tuff lady, whether you 'like' her or not she would sink her teeth in and fight for all of us. Too bad the media and others just keep tearing her down on issues of absolutely no consequence. I'm not a gender warrior, but all things being similar - come on women - get out there and support someone who will show that a female can indeed break the ultimate glass ceiling.

Nice Hillary!! Courage to do the 3 am add again! That's my girl! We are right behind you Hillary and were going to win.

yeah hilary! you answer that phone call!!!!

W00T Let's go Hillary! C'mon! You can pull this off! I know things are looking down but you CAN... you WILL pull this off!

GO HILLARY. I TOTALLY SUPPORT YOU!

Hillary I hope u win big in PA!! I kno ill be voting for you!

Thats a GREAT SPOT and I hope ppl will listen and know that Hillary is the only one for the job and if anyone else is elected Prez then we are doomed. Clinton & Obama 2008

GO HILARY!
U RULE!!!

cmon hillary lets make this race interestinG and win
Ohio

Way to go Hill, You ROCK!

Hillary...Lead The Way!

I love this ad. I wish you all the best wishes, Mme. the President. God bless you.

Go Hillary!!! I am voting for you. I'm a latino male who knows a great woman when he sees her.

We need HILLARY!!

I'm still LOLing.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 05:25:42 AM »

Comments:

HILLARY SAVE US!

There is very little in this world that would make me more happy than Hillary in the WHITE HOSE! You go, HIL! And when I say "You go" I don't mean "You Go" like "You go away!" because I would never want Hillary to go away! When I have an economic problem at three AM in the Morning I will call HILLARY CLINTON!

Hillary, if you get the FL delegates, and Michigan I know that you will have enough to win! And go PA! Everyone talk to people and help her!!!

wooohooo! GO HILLARY

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

I LOVE YOU HILLARY!!!
we NEED you!!!!

Hillary is the only candidate (Democrat or Republican) to display readiness to be Commander-in-Chief of the economy on Day One.

Hillary/Edward 08!

i am Very prOud of your Tenacious Efforts gO hillary. we will Bring you bAck to the white house My best wishes to you And your candidacy.

I trust Hillary to answer the call at 3am or 3pm or whenever. I know she will be on top of her game. She is not just in this election to "win" but to effectively do the job that is needed so desperately. My family, friends, colleagues at work, and most of my neighbors love Hillary despite all the media bias and bashing she has been subjected to. The people and not the media will choose the next president. Thank you Hillary for all you are doing to fight for our nation. Hillary08

This gave me "chills". Excellent! I really trust Hillary to do the right thing. Experience is so important.

She would do a fabulous job as president - she is a tuff lady, whether you 'like' her or not she would sink her teeth in and fight for all of us. Too bad the media and others just keep tearing her down on issues of absolutely no consequence. I'm not a gender warrior, but all things being similar - come on women - get out there and support someone who will show that a female can indeed break the ultimate glass ceiling.

Nice Hillary!! Courage to do the 3 am add again! That's my girl! We are right behind you Hillary and were going to win.

W00T Let's go Hillary! C'mon! You can pull this off! I know things are looking down but you CAN... you WILL pull this off!

Thats a GREAT SPOT and I hope ppl will listen and know that Hillary is the only one for the job and if anyone else is elected Prez then we are doomed. Clinton & Obama 2008

GO HILARY!
U RULE!!!

Ohio

Hillary...Lead The Way!

I love this ad. I wish you all the best wishes, Mme. the President. God bless you.

Go Hillary!!! I am voting for you. I'm a latino male who knows a great woman when he sees her.

We need HILLARY!!

I'm still LOLing.
Comments:

HILLARY SAVE US!

wooohooo! GO HILLARY

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

I LOVE YOU HILLARY!!!
we NEED you!!!!

Hillary/Edward 08!

GO HILARY!
U RULE!!!

Ohio

Hillary...Lead The Way!

We need HILLARY!!

I'm still LOLing.

Uhh dude im really hoping you are kidding because ur post is pretty ridiculous or u could be a delusional hillary fan lol.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 07:42:11 AM »

Uhh dude im really hoping you are kidding because ur post is pretty ridiculous or u could be a delusional hillary fan lol.

Those aren't his personal comments.  He's making fun of the Killary supporters.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 09:21:39 AM »

Ha ha.  Clever.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »

Ha ha.  Clever.

hahaha . . . I didn't even notice that at first.  I just thought he was having keyboard issues.  Smiley
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »

VP Edward 08!
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »

self parody? Can we get the McCain girls in a Hillary 3am ad? I think that would make my day.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 10:26:23 PM »

There are McCain Girls?
zombones

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »

If this thread has taught me anything, it is that obbviously Hillary has the best bipartisan appeal.  She will unite both Republicans and Democrats

to vote against her.

Also, all comments Youtube vids put up by the Clinton website are screened so that only positive ones are shown.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 01:26:36 PM »

Okay Hillary, forget party unity. Obama is a piece of sh**t, go after him, please.  I love you if you do.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies