How About Jeanine Pirro For New York Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:49:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How About Jeanine Pirro For New York Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How About Jeanine Pirro For New York Governor?  (Read 2420 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:11 AM »

How about former Westchester County District Attorney Jeanine Pirro for Governor of New York?

Please discuss.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:44:05 AM »

I wish Winfield ran the NY GOP.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

The NY GOP & Winfield do think along the same lines.  Perhaps winfield is Joe Mondello is disguise??
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 11:05:58 AM »

Ha ha, I'd love for Pirro to run for major office again.  She'd lose of course, but it'd provide us all with months of entertainment again.

"Do I have Page 10?"
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

How about former Westchester County District Attorney Jeanine Pirro for Governor of New York?

Please discuss.

Mobbed-up husband, unimpressive candidate.

New York Republicans need some time in the wilderness, including the State Senate, in order to rebuild and rebrand. Let the Democrats have total control, get seriously corrupt, and implode. A good government Republican Party that doesn't try to copy southern cultural wars can win.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:07 AM »

Honestly, the whole Jeanine Pirro affair is what makes me disenchanted with politics sometimes.  I don't dispute that she was a terrible candidate, but she had a lot of promise and is clearly a capable individual to be serving at some level of government (probably not as Governor, but considering the trouble New York has had over the last couple years with high profile statewide embarassments/resignations...).

The part that depresses me, at least a little, is that Pirro's life is worse off for having tried to run for political office, and that's sad.  It's the kind of "NY Post treatment" she got that keeps a number of incredibly skilled, intelligent people from sticking their toes in the water.

I love politics, but I could never actually run for anything.  Take a look at the headlines that the former Mrs. McGreevey and former Mrs. Corzine made, and you'll know why.

New York Republicans need some time in the wilderness, including the State Senate, in order to rebuild and rebrand. Let the Democrats have total control, get seriously corrupt, and implode. A good government Republican Party that doesn't try to copy southern cultural wars can win.

Honestly, I need to disagree.  Once the New York GOP loses the State Senate, it will never get it back.  The party could very well wind up going the way of the Mass GOP.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 02:49:17 PM »

Why do people keep suggesting terrible candidates for this particular office?  How about them, indeed.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »

A good government Republican Party that doesn't try to copy southern cultural wars can win.

That really does get on my nerves down here.  We just had a state legislator introduce a bill last week to make lap dances illegal. 
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 08:17:01 PM »

Honestly, the whole Jeanine Pirro affair is what makes me disenchanted with politics sometimes.  I don't dispute that she was a terrible candidate, but she had a lot of promise and is clearly a capable individual to be serving at some level of government (probably not as Governor, but considering the trouble New York has had over the last couple years with high profile statewide embarassments/resignations...).

The part that depresses me, at least a little, is that Pirro's life is worse off for having tried to run for political office, and that's sad.  It's the kind of "NY Post treatment" she got that keeps a number of incredibly skilled, intelligent people from sticking their toes in the water.

I love politics, but I could never actually run for anything.  Take a look at the headlines that the former Mrs. McGreevey and former Mrs. Corzine made, and you'll know why.

It's not like Pirro wasn't asking for media attention.  Her main job while she was Westchester DA was appearing on cable news to talk about cases half the country away.

Despicable woman, I'm exceptionally glad she's no longer my DA and is no longer (Winfield aside) a contender for public office.  I had to vote for Andrew Cuomo in 2006, it was pretty sad.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies