What if Hillary wins TX and OH?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:01:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What if Hillary wins TX and OH?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Hillary wins TX and OH?  (Read 938 times)
Whacker77

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:05:58 PM »

What happens if Hillary wins both Texas and Ohio?  According to RCP, Obama's lead has faded to just .3% in Texas and Hillary has opened up a nice lead in Ohio.  In fact, the newest Survey USA polls puts her ahead 54-44 in Ohio.  My view is that it COULD be bad news for Democrats.  An emboldened Hillary with seven weeks until Pennsylvania is not what Obama needs.

As a Republican, I hope Hillary can extend the fight for another couple of months.  The longer it goes, the more acrimonious it's bound to become.  Certain portions of her voting block may decide not to vote for Obama (hispanics).  Certain portions of Obama's voting block may decide not to vote for Hillary (blacks).  That's all conjecture, though.

Still, I don't think an extended fight necessarily hurts Democrats.  In the end, party affiliation almost always wins out.  Even if Hillary snags the nomination (I doubt that), Democrats will come home on election day.  As Herm Edwards once said, "You play to win the game."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies