Ultimate office of former CJO, Governor, Representative, and Senator AndrewCT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:39:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ultimate office of former CJO, Governor, Representative, and Senator AndrewCT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24
Author Topic: Ultimate office of former CJO, Governor, Representative, and Senator AndrewCT  (Read 54963 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »

Some people never get off the gravy train...
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »

Some people never get off the gravy train...

Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2008, 06:29:54 AM »

Bills on the Governor's desk for signature or veto:
Predatory Lending Prohibition Act
Northeast Evidence Act

I, AndrewCT, Governor of the Northeast, hereby sign the following bills into law:
Predatory Lending Prohibition Act
Northeast Evidence Act

x Gov. AndrewCT
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »

Goodbye, Rent-a-Center!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »

That's what I'm sayin, thats what they got for not giving me back my deposit back. I told them the TV was busted with a wii remote when I got it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »

Good Morning fellow citizens!

It is with great pleasure that I announce that we may very well have a fully operational budget shortly! I would like to share with you the outline, and what I am proposing to spend in our fiscal year.  I look forward to questions and comments. I would like for this to make it in for voting this month, so please feel free to put your suggestions down in here and we'll change it around!  I would like to keep the amounts that we collect as solid as possible, but we are able to negotiate what and how we are spending.

I'm basing the state populations on the current registration thread. Hopefully I got everyones name correct, let me know if I didnt.

State Populations:
  • Connecticut (3) - AndrewCT, Julian Francis, TJN2024
  • Delaware (1) - Ernest
  • Maine (1) -  (I) Rockefeller Republican
  • Massachusetts (3) -  FezzyFestoon,  Mr. Moderate, Old Europe
  • New Jersey (5) – Conan, lifesapickle, MAS117, Rin-Chan, Walter Evans Edge
  • New Hampshire (3) - Verily, Tender Branson, Andrew Berger
  • New York (5) – Defarge, EarlAW, Miamiu1027, Polnut, Smash255
  • Pennsylvania (6) -  Bullmoose88, ColinW, GM3PRP, Keystone Phil, Supersoulty, True Democrat
  • Rhode Island (1) -  Winfield
  • Vermont (3) -  Hashemite, Lief, Smid

Northeast Budget:

State               Revenue (In Millions)
    Connecticut                 $28,495
    Delaware                    $6,950
    Maine                         $8,642
    Massachusetts            $31,285
    New Jersey                 $45,785
    New Hampshire           $17,890
    New York                   $78,801
    Pennsylvania              $62,375
    Rhode Island              $7,400
    Vermont                    $15,482
    TOTAL                                $303,105

Expenditures (In Billions)
    Law Enforcment/Military       $96.0
    Education       $66.5
    Health Care       $56.4
    Local Government    $28.00
    Environment     $15.8 
    Infrastructure      $9.8

TOTAL                               $278.70
    $2.4 billion surplus

As a side note, I just want to let you all know that I've added roughly 6.8 billion dollars into Local Government, which will be responsible for handling Substance/Mental rehibilitation centers, as well as other rehab locations.

Alright friends, lets get the ball rolling!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »

A bit of those named are inactive, though.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 10:19:25 AM »

It's entirely possible that I've overlooked any number of things, but can you explain how you ended up with a declared surplus of $2.4 billion?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:58 AM »

A bit of those named are inactive, though.

They are, but I used the list from SoFA Moderate.

It's entirely possible that I've overlooked any number of things, but can you explain how you ended up with a declared surplus of $2.4 billion?

I most certainly can friend! I'll explain it with 3 reasons!

1. I do Accounting for a living
2. I'm horrible at Math
3. I fudged my numbers, and fix them a little bit later on since it's crazy at work.

Hope that helps.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »

*applause*

It's high time the Northeast had a regional budget, and I applaud the Governor's initiative in this area.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 02:02:26 AM »

*applause*

It's high time the Northeast had a regional budget, and I applaud the Governor's initiative in this area.

You mean my Idea Wink. Glad to see you embarking on such a project Governor.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 06:47:40 AM »

Yup, I stole this idea from our former Lt. Governor. This was one of his issues in his campaign for Governor, and I felt it was important enough to continue.

Also, my arm hurts.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 08:04:21 AM »

• Eminent Domain / Property Tax Valuation Linkage Act
  • Public School Choice Act of 2008
  • Smoking Age Standardization Act

I, AndrewCT, Governor of the Northeast, hereby sign the following bills into law:
  • Eminent Domain / Property Tax Valuation Linkage Act
  • Smoking Age Standardization Act

x Governor AndrewCT

At this time, I am not 100% comfortable with the Public School Choice Act of 2008, and am not ready to sign or veto this. A decision will come shortly. Thank you.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »

At this time, I am not 100% comfortable with the Public School Choice Act of 2008, and am not ready to sign or veto this. A decision will come shortly. Thank you.

If the Governor has any concerns or questions regarding the bill, I will be glad to address them.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »

I do have a few concerns. Mainly, its what, if any guidelines will their be for deciding who can go to what school? Obviously, some schools may become overcrowded because of this. How can we regulate this? Are we going to just make a general percentage (say, 20% of people outside of the school district) be able to attend?

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »

I do have a few concerns. Mainly, its what, if any guidelines will their be for deciding who can go to what school? Obviously, some schools may become overcrowded because of this. How can we regulate this? Are we going to just make a general percentage (say, 20% of people outside of the school district) be able to attend?

Well, for the most part, there is nothing making any part of participation in the "school choice" mandatory—that is, local schools don't necessarily have any kind of new requirement to take in students they cannot handle.  Any student will be eligible to participate, given that the school they are seeking entrance in can handle the additional enrollment.  Further, any issues such as whether or not bus service will be provided, will be resolved by the individual schools themselves.

This bill also does not relieve local school districts of their responsibility to make sure students are educated.  Based on my understanding of existing law (which this bill does not necessarily void), local schools cannot reject students which they are currently required to enroll based on geography.  This bill is meant to favor giving students the choice of schools rather than giving schools the choice of students.

Ideally, regional funding will be closely tracked to enrollment, but not so closely that schools are "starved."  Even poorly performing schools will be given enough to continue to operate at the (expected) reduced attendance levels.  And, of course, this way the best schools will be getting more tax dollars to increase enrollment and expand educational opportunity.

The vision with the "School Choice" act was not just to give students stuck in poorly performing schools the opportunity for "escape," but to allow for new, innovative ideas in teaching and schooling.  Rather than have five typical, average high schools all within the same 15 mile radius, we could instead see some high schools begin a process of specialization—one school hiring more biology staff to create a new microbiology curriculum; another school hiring staff to start a more advanced and specialized computer programming curriculum; yet another hiring more staff to become geared more towards artistic endeavours (traditional painting and sculpture, the performing arts, etc.).  In this way, not only are we actually giving the "inner city" youth the opportunities that school choice is traditionally suggested to offer, but we're actually creating a revolutionary new benefit that extends far outside the urban core, encouraging creative thinking in the suburbs and exurbs and allowing the best schools the Northeast has to offer to actually become better still.

Further, I hope that the bill will not only expand educational access and opportunity for all in the Northeast, but start blurring a lot of the useless school district lines put in place and cutting duplication of services in the longterm, which will actually save taxpayers a heck of a lot of money.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 02:44:39 PM »

And again, just to reiterate—this bill does not in any way allow for public funding of private schools or religious institutions.  "School choice" in this case only applies to public schools.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2008, 06:37:51 AM »

Thank you very much for your detailed response Mr. Secretary. I'll review this and come to a decision soon.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:19 AM »

After much thought, I have decided to sign the Public School Choice Act of 2008. I would like to thank Secretary Moderate for the additional info on this act.

x Governor AndrewCT
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »

Great. Good decision.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2008, 03:39:55 PM »

*hearty applause*
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2008, 12:11:26 PM »

• Fair Property Valuation Act

• Fair Property Valuation Act

x Governor AndrewCT

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2008, 01:26:47 AM »

BUMP

Governor, do you plan on running for a second term as Governor of the Northeast this June? If you do plan on running for re-election, you have my fully pledged support in such a bid for the position Cheesy. Likewise with the incumbent Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast.

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »

BUMP

Governor, do you plan on running for a second term as Governor of the Northeast this June? If you do plan on running for re-election, you have my fully pledged support in such a bid for the position Cheesy. Likewise with the incumbent Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast.

Thank you Senator. I'm going to be revewing that option soon with a few people, and will make an announcment by tomorrow.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 10:11:56 AM »

Good Morning to all my friends of the Northeast!

I believe that over the past few months, the Lt. Governor and myself have been able to keep a popular trend continuing here in the region. Activity and participation are still going strong. We've been able to create and pass many great things, and I've so far kept my promise of creating a budget for the Northeast.

To make a long story short, I have decided to announce my intentions to run for re-election as Governor fo the Northeast!

Thank you all, and Dave bless.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies