The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 02:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 195447 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »

Mint now has 14 or 15 first preferences. 15 votes elected Franzl in office. To all the haters out there, I am sorry. The ARC is here to stay.

I remember when DWTL ranked Mint 9th out of 9. What position is DWTL in?

I wonder how many first preferences you would have gotten...

12 or 13 at this point in the race.

LOL.

I wouldn't laugh. With his cult, the soldiers of chaos, and the zombies he PMs who barely post otherwise and openly ask him what to do, he could manage it. It wouldn't be any sincere support, of course, it's a movement that is based on zombies and causing trouble "for teh lulz" but it would be support nonetheless.

Except that it isn't.

Soon - it may be in a day, it may be in a week - we of the ARC will have a big surprise for you. And it's going to be one that shakes the game down to its fundamentals.

This, in fact, is very true.

I fail to see anything that could "shake the game down to its fundamentals." People have tried that and it became a two-day phenomenon. I'll stay tuned, but put me down as a skeptic.

That's absolutely fine. I hope you'll be saying that when you're the minority Party and the RPP is no more.

I am currently the minority party. Won't be much of a change for the DA either way.

And even if the ARC takes the entire RPP (which you know it won't), it is still smaller than the JCP, so I don't see much of a realignment or ground-breaking news anywhere in the near future. The RPP may die, but the Atlasian right (or whatever you would like to call it) will not be any stronger than it was previously.

The people leading this so-called "right" will be different, and, in that case, more responsible.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1501 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »

The 'zombie' issue is a scam by the JCP to try to maintain their grip on power.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #1502 on: December 11, 2009, 05:12:30 PM »

Mint now has 14 or 15 first preferences. 15 votes elected Franzl in office. To all the haters out there, I am sorry. The ARC is here to stay.

LOL.

I wouldn't laugh. With his cult, the soldiers of chaos, and the zombies he PMs who barely post otherwise and openly ask him what to do, he could manage it. It wouldn't be any sincere support, of course, it's a movement that is based on zombies and causing trouble "for teh lulz" but it would be support nonetheless.

Except that it isn't.

Soon - it may be in a day, it may be in a week - we of the ARC will have a big surprise for you. And it's going to be one that shakes the game down to its fundamentals.

This, in fact, is very true.

I fail to see anything that could "shake the game down to its fundamentals." People have tried that and it became a two-day phenomenon. I'll stay tuned, but put me down as a skeptic.

That's absolutely fine. I hope you'll be saying that when you're the minority Party and the RPP is no more.

I am currently the minority party. Won't be much of a change for the DA either way.

And even if the ARC takes the entire RPP (which you know it won't), it is still smaller than the JCP, so I don't see much of a realignment or ground-breaking news anywhere in the near future. The RPP may die, but the Atlasian right (or whatever you would like to call it) will not be any stronger than it was previously.

It's not us you have to worry about. It's Tmth.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1503 on: December 11, 2009, 05:13:58 PM »

And the DA, not that I see any differences these days, except maybe Franzl and afleitch.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1504 on: December 11, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »

You might want to get Hamilton to read the Constitution, by the way.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1505 on: December 11, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »

Could somebody PLEASE post an election update?  I would do it myself, but I haven't the time today.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1506 on: December 11, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »

You might want to get Hamilton to read the Constitution, by the way.

Go check your post again.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1507 on: December 11, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »

The people leading this so-called "right" will be different, and, in that case, more responsible.

I welcome that, but no need to pretend like this is anything more than it is. There will be no realignment of the political axes. There will not be a fundamental shift in the way we play this game. There will simply be a reconsolidating of the Atlasian right, which has been wandering in the darkness about 6 months.

This is not really scary or new. It was always inevitable and simply represents a return to the pre-President Lief political structure of the game. This isn't earth shattering in any way.

It's not us you have to worry about. It's Tmth.

I'm not worrying about anyone. There needs to be new leadership to re-unite the Atlasian right. If it is the ARC that takes that role, or Tmth, or PiT or whomever, it doesn't actually change the game.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1508 on: December 11, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »

I'm not worrying about anyone. There needs to be new leadership to re-unite the Atlasian right. If it is the ARC that takes that role, or Tmth, or PiT or whomever, it doesn't actually change the game.

Nothing's getting united. But things certainly are going to split apart.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1509 on: December 11, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

Could somebody PLEASE post an election update?  I would do it myself, but I haven't the time today.

I'll do another one tomorrow morning.
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you anyway - the JCP mailing list seems to be working just fine.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1510 on: December 11, 2009, 05:22:30 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

With your four or five actual members and your zombie hordes?
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1511 on: December 11, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

Don't look so glum, man. You especially have a role to play.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1512 on: December 11, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

Losses never bother me.  What bothers me is when zombies when elections.  And what role is that?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1513 on: December 11, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

Losses never bother me.  What bothers me is when zombies when elections.  And what role is that?

Leading the populist movement.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1514 on: December 11, 2009, 05:28:23 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

I'd be much happier if any movement I lead was anti-zombie in nature.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1515 on: December 11, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »

JCP turnout is picking up a bit, though RPP turnout is still pathetically low.

And Mint has probably been elected, in a shocking upset.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1516 on: December 11, 2009, 05:30:17 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

That's perfectly fine.

Take a look around you. How many people like you currently take part in the present Party structure? How many working men really believe in either of the two major Parties anymore? How often do your allies use your vote and then abuse your conscience?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1517 on: December 11, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »

HW just wants his zombies. That is, those of the JCP, who will vote for LIef and other JCP candidates, keeping him in his SoEA office so that he can continue on his interventionist rampage.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1518 on: December 11, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »

LOL.

Except that it isn't.

That's perfectly fine.

Take a look around you. How many people like you currently take part in the present Party structure? How many working men really believe in either of the two major Parties anymore? How often do your allies use your vote and then abuse your conscience?

Any third parties who ever got power would just become the same within a few years.
HW just wants his zombies. That is, those of the JCP, who will vote for LIef and other JCP candidates, keeping him in his SoEA office so that he can continue on his interventionist rampage.

Hamilton I have always stood againest zombies so don't you dare say otherwise.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1519 on: December 11, 2009, 05:32:39 PM »

I just have to say, Einzige (or Einzige, whatever) has always been good at building things up for dramatic effect when there is nothing actually going on. At the end of the day, can anyone actually imagine anything occurring that will be a dramatic or an enormous shift in the way this game is played?

The fall of the RPP, which has been embroiled in internal discord since the PiT/HW ticket lost, has been inevitable for months. If the ARC manages to rise from stealing the RPP membership, this doesn't change the role of any other party. The JCP will still be the dominant left. The DA will still represent the pragmatic center. The LNF will still stand as the whatever it chooses to be on any given day.

I think it is actually a good thing that the Atlasian right will re-emerge. It has been boring to see no real competition of late. Perhaps with an Atlasian right more dispersed throughout the regions, the JCP will be inclined to abandon its enclave in the Pacific to compete in regional elections, leading to a better, more competitive game.

At the end of the day, things will be only marginally different than they were months ago, when excitement and activity were on the rise. Coinciding, hopefully, with proper activity regulations and reforms, we can see a better Atlasian than ever.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1520 on: December 11, 2009, 05:33:09 PM »

While I don't like the ARC, Mint is a good person and would make a fine member of the Senate.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1521 on: December 11, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »

While I don't like the ARC, Mint is a good person and would make a fine member of the Senate.

On this we agree Vepres.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: December 11, 2009, 05:34:07 PM »

Yoy, by that, mean you don't like me, which is fine, because the ARC has no need for shapeshifters.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1523 on: December 11, 2009, 05:34:35 PM »

Yoy, by that, mean you don't like me, which is fine, because the ARC has no need for shapeshifters.

Then you should probably get out ASAP.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1524 on: December 11, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »

Ugh at all this. I'm fed up of all this stupid crap.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies