The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194175 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:42 PM »

I do wonder, though, especially because you supposedly agree that PPT is a non-partisan office, why does your likely loss as PPT have anything to do with your party's agenda?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #726 on: March 16, 2009, 05:22:30 PM »

With all honesty, I am happy to hear that you will run for re-election. The Senate still needs you.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #727 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »

Letter to the Editor

I would urge any Senators who have not voted yet to read what DWDL has written about MasterJedi since the latter decided not to vote for the former. Ignore partisan ties and ideological positions, even ignore anything you might have pledged behind closed doors. Putting someone like this into a position of authority is dangerous and if you do it, you will come to regret it.

A.C.Sibboleth
No. 28, IngSoc Tower
War
West Virginia
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #728 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »

I do wonder, though, especially because you supposedly agree that PPT is a non-partisan office, why does your likely loss as PPT have anything to do with your party's agenda?
I expect, and frankly plan on, Happy being ineffective and incompetent or abuse the office.  He certainly can slow down bills I would have made sure were voted on promptly.  If you do not believe PPTs can abuse power, go back to Al last senate or Ebowed stalling Naso's VP nomination.

Frankly, the senate made a bad mistake last time that killed the senate activity, and they have made the same mistake again.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #729 on: March 16, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »

Letter to the Editor

I would urge any Senators who have not voted yet to read what DWDL has written about MasterJedi since the latter decided not to vote for the former. Ignore partisan ties and ideological positions, even ignore anything you might have pledged behind closed doors. Putting someone like this into a position of authority is dangerous and if you do it, you will come to regret it.

A.C.Sibboleth
No. 28, IngSoc Tower
War
West Virginia

I still have not once, not once, and frankly you have numerous times, acted without tact during senate proceedings.  I am the party leader, therefore, I am the party pit bull I have to be there out on the front lines working to help my party.  I believe I have done a great job at that, I have four senators and one senator that likes to associate himself with my party.  We hold three governships and were elected VP.  If I am not successful at knowing how to succeed in this game, I'd like you to point me in the direction of someone who is. 

I just am not going to sit back and bend over when someone who helps stabs me in the back.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #730 on: March 16, 2009, 05:50:31 PM »

Letter to the Editor

A.C.Sibboleth
No. 28, IngSoc Tower
War
West Virginia

I still have not once, not once, and frankly you have numerous times, acted without tact during senate proceedings.  I am the party leader, therefore, I am the party pit bull I have to be there out on the front lines working to help my party.  I believe I have done a great job at that, I have four senators and one senator that likes to associate himself with my party.  We hold three governships and were elected VP.  If I am not successful at knowing how to succeed in this game, I'd like you to point me in the direction of someone who is. 

I just am not going to sit back and bend over when someone who helps stabs me in the back.

Once again, you seem to have difficulty reading. My letter is deals only with the way you have acted towards MasterJedi since he dropped his support for you. Whether or not you've been a "success" in this game is beside the point (as, actually, is the issue of Senate decorum; tha' be Jas's complaint, nay mine).

Though, actually, I'd like to add that the office of PPT (as badly designed as it is) is not supposed to be a partisan position.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #731 on: March 16, 2009, 06:13:35 PM »

I still have not once, not once, and frankly you have numerous times, acted without tact during senate proceedings. 

So when,during Senate business, you called HappyWarrior a "lousy Senator" or when you said he had "idiotic" ideas,or when you called Al a "fascist" or when you said he was the "most childish/annoying Senator" since me - were you (a) being tactful or (b) not being tactful and so actually lying in the above quote?

(Further examples of 'tactful' behaviour available on request.)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #732 on: March 16, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

Shades of Yes Minister; "unique and refreshing brand of tact".
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #733 on: March 16, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »

Shades of Yes Minister; "unique and refreshing brand of tact".

Grin
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #734 on: March 16, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »

lol
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #735 on: March 16, 2009, 06:31:30 PM »

I still have not once, not once, and frankly you have numerous times, acted without tact during senate proceedings. 

So when,during Senate business, you called HappyWarrior a "lousy Senator" or when you said he had "idiotic" ideas,or when you called Al a "fascist" or when you said he was the "most childish/annoying Senator" since me - were you (a) being tactful or (b) not being tactful and so actually lying in the above quote?

None of those (except for calling Happy's idea, not Happy idiotic) came during an actual senate debate
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #736 on: March 16, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »

You can't be president forever Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #737 on: March 16, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »

None of those (except for calling Happy's idea, not Happy idiotic) came during an actual senate debate

Huh
All of the above are from Senate proceedings (per your above quote).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #738 on: March 16, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »

Huh
All of the above are from Senate proceedings (per your above quote).
No they are not.  Senate proceedings mean that actual senate business was being conducted, not post vote or non-legislation threads.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #739 on: March 16, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »

You called me a fascist during a vote.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: March 16, 2009, 06:43:34 PM »

The vote was already over.  And frankly, your actions was facist so I was not out of line to say that at any time.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #741 on: March 16, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »

The vote was already over.  And frankly, your actions was facist so I was not out of line to say that at any time.

The vote was not over; if you follow the link, you will see that Bacon King voted after your comment. In any case, it should be blatantly obvious that, regardless of the truth of such an accusation, it is not an appropriate one to be making on the Senate floor.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #742 on: March 16, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »

I expect, and frankly plan on, Happy being ineffective and incompetent or abuse the office.  He certainly can slow down bills I would have made sure were voted on promptly.  If you do not believe PPTs can abuse power, go back to Al last senate or Ebowed stalling Naso's VP nomination.

Frankly, the senate made a bad mistake last time that killed the senate activity, and they have made the same mistake again.

When have I ever given any indication of me being any of these things?  I have always been kind and cordial with fellow senators.  I have never missed a vote.  I have never shown any abuse of office nor have I been incompetent at anything.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #743 on: March 16, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »

Kind and cordial /= good PPT

You have not taken an active role in the senate and/or proven to be trustworthy
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #744 on: March 16, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2009, 09:01:46 PM by Senator HappyWarrior »

I have taken no less active role than you actually and I have not proven untrustworthy in anybody elses opinion except yours, at least no one else has mentioned it to me.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #745 on: March 16, 2009, 08:59:41 PM »

I have taken no less active role than you actually and I have not proven trustworthy in anybody elses opinion except yours, at least no one else has mentioned it to me.
Well, at least you admit it.  And you certainly have taken a much less active role, you have passed less bills, participated in less debate, and have been around for a lot shorter period of time.  I know the rules of the senate and the people can count on me to be there.

Can you think of a reason I would make a bad PPT?  BTW, the fact that I don't bend over for people is not a reason that a person is a bad PPT
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #746 on: March 16, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »

I have taken no less active role than you actually and I have not proven trustworthy in anybody elses opinion except yours, at least no one else has mentioned it to me.
Well, at least you admit it.  And you certainly have taken a much less active role, you have passed less bills, participated in less debate, and have been around for a lot shorter period of time.  I know the rules of the senate and the people can count on me to be there.

Can you think of a reason I would make a bad PPT?  BTW, the fact that I don't bend over for people is not a reason that a person is a bad PPT

Excuse me, I meant untrustworthy.  The reason is simply that you are too explosive and partisan.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: March 16, 2009, 09:07:20 PM »

Excuse me, I meant untrustworthy.  The reason is simply that you are too explosive and partisan.
Are you confused about the function of the PPT?  The job isn't about who can win a gold star for kindness, its about effectively running the senate.  What makes me unfit to run the senate?  Were you right to support Al over me last time?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #748 on: March 16, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »

Are you confused about the function of the PPT?  The job isn't about who can win a gold star for kindness, its about effectively running the senate.  What makes me unfit to run the senate?  Were you right to support Al over me last time?
I feel it was right.  Al may have been ineffective but thats better than being a partisan such as yourself.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #749 on: March 16, 2009, 09:12:32 PM »

I feel it was right.  Al may have been ineffective but thats better than being a partisan such as yourself.
So having no senate activity at all is better than having an active PPT who you happen to think is too partisan? Gotcha, that makes all the sense in the world
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies