The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:14:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194924 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: March 08, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »

This result shows how co-operation can overcome party advantage. Now let's see more of it! Congratulations to Franzl.

Thanks Afleitch Smiley

I actually didn't want to declare victory or anything until voting actually closed....and I won't.

But I will say I'm quite optimistic right now. Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #676 on: March 08, 2009, 12:08:54 PM »

This result shows how co-operation can overcome party advantage. Now let's see more of it! Congratulations to Franzl.

Thanks Afleitch Smiley

I actually didn't want to declare victory or anything until voting actually closed....and I won't.

Well, your voting for yourself this time might have something to do with it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #677 on: March 08, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »

Thanks Afleitch Smiley

Well, your voting for yourself this time might have something to do with it.

lol...well yeah, that does help matters Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #678 on: March 08, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »

I guess the Atlasian Centrists aren't as dead as they had previously seemed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #679 on: March 08, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »

There isn't really any sort of "left wing" advantage here in Atlasia. The left is fractured between those in the JCP who don't really vote on ideology and many don't really pay attention, the moderate heros and the DA center-leftists, and the SDP and our fairly to the left but also disgustingly inactive members.

Meanwhile the RPP is pretty much the only party on the right and made up of very dedicated (and respected) individuals. It causes a disadvantage for many other candidates.

In any case, I congratulation Franzl on his apparent victory. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #680 on: March 08, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »

The Left's advantage has always been overblown, I've thought. Thing is, there has generally been a massive Centrist advantage in Atlasia (though not as much in recent months). As you implied, the Centrist are actually center-left. Because of that, in a straight up Right v. Left race, they tend to support the Left-winger.

That combined with the Left's general numerical advantage has meant that it's been harder for the Right to really succeed. In the RPP's time, we've often had to go into races relying on only our own voter strength to win. Unsurprisingly, we've frequently lost those kinds of races. Generally, the RPP has more success when it can get other people to support its candidates (Inks vs. afleitch, Smid vs. Eraserhead).

This is after all (I think) only the second Senate in Atlasia's history where the Right has come to make up half of the Senate. Compare that to all the times of Left/Centrist domination & it's easy to see that the Right's current strength is an anomaly in Atlasia.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #681 on: March 08, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

Thank you, sir!

I appreciated the competition and the good debate that we had with each other.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #682 on: March 08, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »

Thank you, sir!

It was a fun exchange, there should be more debates like that more often. We (including brandon) seemed genuinely interested in the debate unlike alot of other debates.

It's a shame that the Senate probably won't exist much longer due to the upcoming ConCon, because given a fair bit of time in office I think you could easily be one of Atlasia's best senators.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #683 on: March 08, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »

Thank you, sir!

It was a fun exchange, there should be more debates like that more often. We (including brandon) seemed genuinely interested in the debate unlike alot of other debates.

It's a shame that the Senate probably won't exist much longer due to the upcoming ConCon, because given a fair bit of time in office I think you could easily be one of Atlasia's best senators.

Well the Senate might not be retained, but we still have work to do....as the ConCon will most likely take several weeks to be started and completed. In that time there's still business that needs to be conducted, specifically economic stuff that I mentioned during the campaign which I would like to introduce. The government should continue to function while the Convention is operated.

Thanks for the compliment Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #684 on: March 08, 2009, 03:08:47 PM »

I ran the figures for partisan composition of the new Senate. Changes from the beginning of the 29th Senate:

PartyCurrent StrengthNet Change
RPP5(+2)
DA2(nc)
JCP2(+1)
SDP1(-1)
HTUPHWEP0(-1)
Ind0(-1)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #685 on: March 08, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »

The Left's advantage has always been overblown, I've thought. Thing is, there has generally been a massive Centrist advantage in Atlasia (though not as much in recent months). As you implied, the Centrist are actually center-left. Because of that, in a straight up Right v. Left race, they tend to support the Left-winger.

That combined with the Left's general numerical advantage has meant that it's been harder for the Right to really succeed. In the RPP's time, we've often had to go into races relying on only our own voter strength to win. Unsurprisingly, we've frequently lost those kinds of races. Generally, the RPP has more success when it can get other people to support its candidates (Inks vs. afleitch, Smid vs. Eraserhead).

This is after all (I think) only the second Senate in Atlasia's history where the Right has come to make up half of the Senate. Compare that to all the times of Left/Centrist domination & it's easy to see that the Right's current strength is an anomaly in Atlasia.

I was thinking about posting something similar to this before coming across this post. I knew going into this election what the odds were given my own leanings compared to the rest of Atlasia.

Anyway congratulations to Franzl and the best of luck to Marokai in his future endeavors.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #686 on: March 09, 2009, 03:01:29 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2009, 07:13:49 AM by Smid »

Congratulations to all three candidates. You were all exceptional candidates and with different challengers, I could have easily voted for any of you.

Congratulations especially to Franzl, I look forward to serving with you in the Senate.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #687 on: March 09, 2009, 03:48:40 AM »

Election Result

National Seat
Count 1
Franzl24(Franzl, Gustaf, Hashemite, Democratic Hawk, True Democrat, bullmoose, Meeker, Earth, jamespol, BRTD, Verily, Torie, Mr. Moderate, Tender Branson, afleitch, Sensei, TCash, AndrewCT, CultureKing, Bacon King, Al, Conor Flynn, Ebowed, Lewis Trondheim)
Brandon H14(DWTL, PiT, MasterJedi, Daniel Adams, AHDuke, dead0man, PBrunsel, Smid, officepark, SPC, NC Yankee, bgwah, Inks, Brandon H)
Marokai Blue7(MaxQue, Marokai Blue, opebo, Earl, Lief, realisticidealist, GMantis)
ilikeverin3(ilikeverin, Lunar, Jas)

Count 2
Distribution of ilikeverin's votes
Franzl27(+3)(ilikeverin, Lunar, Jas)
Brandon H14(-)
Marokai Blue7(-)

(Note: I'm presuming Keystone Phil's vote was cast after the voting deadline - if not, it's Franzl +1 and so Count 2 becomes unnecessary as a majority would be already achieved.)

Midwest Seat
Count 1
MasterJedi7(Gustaf, MasterJedi, Speed of Sound, dead0man, PBrunsel, Sensei, TCash)
GMantis5(ilikeverin, Lewis Trondheim, BRTD, Jas, GMantis)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #688 on: March 09, 2009, 07:29:10 AM »

Phil's vote was still valid. Voting didn't end until midnight Eastern, as far as I know.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #689 on: March 09, 2009, 07:32:02 AM »

Congratulations especially to Franzl, I look forward to serving with you in the Senate.

Anyway congratulations to Franzl and the best of luck to Marokai in his future endeavors.

Thank you both, and I look forward to working with you as well, Smid.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #690 on: March 09, 2009, 11:06:01 AM »

Wait...the deadline was 12 PM? What the hell is wrong with you people?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #691 on: March 09, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »

Phil's vote was still valid. Voting didn't end until midnight Eastern, as far as I know.

I'll be first to admit that the EDT/EST thing confused me re: the closing time of the voting booth (especially given that we haven't moved to summer time yet).

Congrats on the win btw. Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #692 on: March 09, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

The Examiner
9 March 2009

Franzl & MasterJedi elected to Senate

Barring any surprises in certification from the Department of Forum Affairs, Franzl and MasterJedi will be the newest members of the Atlasian Senate. The pair won their seats following this weekend's special elections.

National Seat
Attorney General Franzl (DA-ME) comfortably won the special election to replace outgoing Senator Al (SDP-ME) following a short, good-natured campaign. Neither the RPP's candidate, Brandon H, nor the SDP's Marokai Blue seriously threatened taking the seat over the course of the polling period. In his victory speech, Franzl expressed his first priority to see increased activity in the Senate - a modest aim given that the comatose body hasn't passed a bill or resolution in a month and have stopped even pretending to debate any issues.

Midwest Seat
MasterJedi (RPP-MW) came through to win the Midwest Senate run-off against ilikeverin GMantis (SDP-MW) by 7 votes to 5. The result cannot be well received in Belle Fourche and may be seen as a vote of no confidence in the sitting ilikeverinship. Having failed to win the seat against a a right-wing candidate who came to the region specifically targeting the seat and won several left-of-centre votes, GMantis's position as ilikeverin must be considered less than secure.

----

Marokai Blue for AG

President bgwah was quick to nominate defeated election candidate Marokai Blue to become the next Attorney General following the election of Franzl to the Senate (see above). In his acceptance of the nomination, Marokai was keen to underline his strong relations with the RPP and the outgoing AG. Marokai pledged to work hard at inproving the Atlasia Wiki.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #693 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »

A smashing landslide victory. I am very pleased.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #694 on: March 09, 2009, 04:30:27 PM »

I have the utmost confidence in Franzl. Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #695 on: March 09, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »

Thanks buddy Wink

And what a civil campaign we conducted. It would be nice if Atlasian politics was always like that.

You'll of course be getting an AYE from me for your confirmation, which you probably already guessed Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #696 on: March 09, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »

Thanks buddy Wink

And what a civil campaign we conducted. It would be nice if Atlasian politics was always like that.

You'll of course be getting an AYE from me for your confirmation, which you probably already guessed Wink

Congrats Franzl. I hope you find the Senate an enjoyable experience and I wish you the best of luck.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #697 on: March 10, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »

The Examiner
10 March 2009

Mideast Assembly to Consider Defamation Law
Mideast Assembly Speaker Purple State (DA-ME) has proposed a new Libel and Slander Penalization Bill for consideration. The bill would criminalise defamation proposing to prohibit the making of any 'harmful statement' under penalty of bans on office holding or voting. As of yet, the bill has received a muted response.

----

HappyWarrior Declares for PPT
Senator HappyWarrior (DA-ME) has announced his candidacy for PPT of the Senate. Declaring himself to be the "anti-DWTL" candidate, HappyWarrior expressed confidence in his chances saying "[d]espite the RPP majority I feel I still have a decent chance at victory".

RPP leader, Sen. DWTL has appeared to dismiss HappyWarrior's prospects pointing to the RPP's 5 Senators and the RPP-sympathetic Vice President Meeker as natural DWTL votes.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #698 on: March 10, 2009, 10:42:03 AM »

As of yet, the bill has received a muted response.

On that note, I'm calling on the Assembly to do its job. Or could some citizens of the Mideast comment? Everything seems to get a muted response these days.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #699 on: March 10, 2009, 10:53:25 AM »

HappyWarrior for PPT!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies