The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 193091 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »

Well you're not a safe bet, but hey, no votes have been cast yet, so all any of us can do is speculate. There would be no need for an election if everybody knew what the results would be. There are few stranger things than Atlasian elections.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

I have full faith that you will outpoll kingofthebenchpress by a mile.  Smiley
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »

Mr. Secretary do you even think Xahar will outpoll King of the Bench Press by a kilometre? Tongue
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »

Congrats to Jas on his 50th edition of one what I consider Atlasia's best ever newspaper.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »

Mr. Secretary do you even think Xahar will outpoll King of the Bench Press by a kilometre? Tongue

Since Xahar is not a candidate, no.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »

Since Xahar is not a candidate, no.

I am, just not for Senate.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »

The Examiner
17 April 2008

Senate Debates Future of Guantanamo Bay

Vice President Ebowed's Return to September 10th Bill has seen the focus drawn on the section dealing with the future of Guantanamo Bay. The bill seeks to have the facility there removed within 2 months of the passage of the bill. Sens. afleitch (NLC-D3) and Hashemite (NLC-D2) have both queried the lack of an explanation within the bill as to what would happen to those persons currently held there.

----

Election Countdown Is On

In the absentee voting booth, Atlasian newbie, franzl has cast the first ballot in the first PR-STV election in Atlasia, giving Lewis Trondheim the first vote. The official booth will open tomorrow and will give voters 14 listed candidates seeking election to one of the 5 Senate seats available in what will be one of the most competitive elections in Atlasian history.

The Examiner encourages all Atlasians to take part and wishes the candidates the best of luck in their endeavours, both over the weekend and into the future.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #282 on: April 17, 2008, 11:34:30 AM »

Congrats to Jas on his 50th edition of one what I consider Atlasia's best ever newspaper.

Many thanks Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: April 17, 2008, 06:04:01 PM »

The NLC hasn't exactly been doing a great job with unity in transfers. 3 voters, 0 following the party line. When the chairman doesn't even do it, you have to question whether they can optimize their clout to any great extent.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #284 on: April 17, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2008, 06:52:05 PM by Verily »

The NLC hasn't exactly been doing a great job with unity in transfers. 3 voters, 0 following the party line. When the chairman doesn't even do it, you have to question whether they can optimize their clout to any great extent.

One might almost imagine that the chairman was voting tactically, and that, if others follow the directed lead, the votes are more optimal than they would be otherwise. Tactical voting in STV is more than voting in the proper order; look at the full results for the Belfast West constituency in the 2007 Northern Ireland election for what beautiful tactical STV voting is.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2008, 06:51:56 PM »

One might almost imagine that the chairman was voting tactically, and that, if others follow the directed lead, the votes are more optimal than they would be otherwise.

That's an interesting strategy.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2008, 07:18:08 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't like this system at all? Just seems so unnecessarily complicated. A lot of people are going to be confused.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2008, 07:25:01 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't like this system at all? Just seems so unnecessarily complicated. A lot of people are going to be confused.

Only when you're looking at the back end. STV is pretty simple; rank your candidates, and the five that are ranked highest by most people win.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »

First of all, I'm not a straight party line voter. And I think I made it clear that I have some choices of people outside of the NLC for Senate seats, as well as endorsed candidates who werent of my party. Eh, I'm too tired to continue.

I agree though with my fellow Governor, I'm not a big fan of the system. I too, feel that people will be confused.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2008, 05:45:42 AM »

The Examiner
18 April 2008

Senate Mid-terms Election Update

Official voting has begun in the Senate mid-terms. Early returns are very positive for Rockefeller Republican who has taken an early lead. Rocky seems to be attracting the support of conservatives. Should that trend continue, Rocky will be very well placed to take a seat – particularly given that neither of kingofthebenchpress; South Park Conservative; nor Jake are polling well.

Colin Wixted is doing well in attracting high preferences, which should pay off down the line. Some candidates are already clearly going to face an uphill battle. Sens. Hashemite and CultureKing appear to be more likely to lose their seats than retain them. Sen. BaconKing may also be in difficulties.

It remains though very early in the election to make too many observations and it’s likely that we will be bearing down on the voting deadline before most of the winners will become clear.

----

Pacific General Election

Voting is also underway on the west coast for the positions of Governor and Lt. Governor. The JCP combination of Jesus and Alcon are expected to win comfortably. Two other candidates for the Governorship, Perdedor and Xahar, are also on the ballot paper, though are not expected to make an impact.

----

In the Senate

Sen. CultureKing (JCP-D5) has introduced two bills to the Senate’s legislative agenda. The Legislation Tabling Bill seeks to set in place rules for the tabling of legislation. Current practices in this regard are based solely on established practice and precedent. The bill was originally drafted by Xahar.

CultureKing has also submitted the War Prevention Bill which appears to be by his own hand. The bill calls for the mandatory drafting of the President’s children of military age in the event of a war initiated by Atlasia. What odds on it being the first bill tabled under Legislative Tabling Act?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2008, 05:48:05 AM »

Tactical voting in STV is more than voting in the proper order; look at the full results for the Belfast West constituency in the 2007 Northern Ireland election for what beautiful tactical STV voting is.

You'll win a special Examiner award if you can manage the NLC vote as well as that. Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2008, 05:54:14 AM »

Am I the only one who doesn't like this system at all?

No. But the change was passed by a large majority in the Senate and in the general population. No electoral system will be supported by everyone.

Just seems so unnecessarily complicated.

Exceedingly simple for the voter. Rank the candidates in order of preference, just like always.
It does mean though that it's more important than ever to ensure that our SoFAs are up to the job.

A lot of people are going to be confused.

As I said, from the voter's perspective it remains just as simple as it always was.
A lot of effort was put into explaining the new system during the referendum campaign. If people are confused there are ample resources to aid their understanding and with a bit of experience it should all become clear on its own.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2008, 07:53:52 AM »

Seems we're in for an upset or two. Still, there's lots of time left...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2008, 09:57:46 AM »

Anyone who can work out quite what my vote is up to wins a prize
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »

Interesting to see who likes me and who doesn't. I didn't realize I was so unpopular. Sad
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2008, 10:14:28 AM by Jas »

Interesting to see who likes me and who doesn't. I didn't realize I was so unpopular. Sad

Huh
By my count, on current figures, you're being elected in the #2 spot.

(I've yet to update my count for Al's vote though.)

EDIT: I've now updated for Al's vote, and I still make you the #2 Elected.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »

Huh
By my count, on current figures, you're being elected in the #2 spot.

(I've yet to update my count for Al's vote though.)

EDIT: I've now updated for Al's vote, and I still make you the #2 Elected.

I know, but that's due to being the first preference of a few PLPers. I'm talking about non-PLPers, specifically the "moderates."
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2008, 10:24:46 AM »

Tactical voting in STV is more than voting in the proper order; look at the full results for the Belfast West constituency in the 2007 Northern Ireland election for what beautiful tactical STV voting is.

You'll win a special Examiner award if you can manage the NLC vote as well as that. Smiley

Hell, if you can do that, we'll crown you God-King so that you can no longer interfere with the elections of us mere mortals. Wink

Pacific General Election

Voting is also underway on the west coast for the positions of Governor and Lt. Governor. The JCP combination of Jesus and Alcon are expected to win comfortably. Two other candidates for the Governorship, Perdedor and Xahar, are also on the ballot paper, though are not expected to make an impact.

Hehe. I seem to get less and less billing in whatever election I happen to be in. Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2008, 10:27:37 AM »

Pacific General Election

Hehe. I seem to get less and less billing in whatever election I happen to be in. Tongue

Well, unless you defy expectations, the fact that you're running is of limited news.
If you win, I can safely say that it will be headline news.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: April 18, 2008, 10:36:03 AM »

Pacific General Election

Well, unless you defy expectations, the fact that you're running is of limited news.
If you win, I can safely say that it will be headline news.

Even if Willy Woz gets a Senate seat by some fluke?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies