Left Bloc HQ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:14:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Left Bloc HQ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Left Bloc HQ  (Read 30314 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:51 AM »

I would be happy to accept the role of Prime Ministerial candidate for the Left.

--Vijay Prabhusanjil
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 11:21:10 PM »

I invite Mr. Hordern and Mr. Watson to private meetings to discuss issues between the parties. When the leader of the Greens emerges, they will also be welcomed.

I believe it is necessary to have a fair division of roles between parties, and to give each party responsibilities that it fits with, but I would suggest that the parties are independant of eachother.

I have put myself forward to be the Left's parliamentary leader because I think it is necessary for us to have a leader, and I have been highly involved in restarting Antillia. My party is also the largest in the bloc. If the other Left bloc parties are not satisfied with my candidacy, I encourage them to stand an alternative candidate for the position. If I am, however, elected I will demand final say on my cabinet, but I will attempt where possible to have that cabinet meet the demands of all coalition parties. I will also consider the role of Prime Minister as two quotas, those of Foreign Affairs and Treasury and Finance as 1.5 quotas and each other post 1 quota. The Deputy LBL will also be given a 1 quota department making it worth 2 quotas, and cannot be from the same party as the Left Bloc Leader.

I ask the people of my party to accept my intervention, and assure them that whilst my first priority is a strongly aligned bloc with a happy coalition, the SDP's interests will always be represented by myself.

--Vijay Prabhusanjil, SDP
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »

I have no personal objection, and personally thank the ALP for the offer, but I do not speak for my party.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 07:47:49 AM »

The proposed structure of Cabinet:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If this draft proposal is unacceptable, please contact me.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:59:28 PM »

How abut no languages?

Something simple would be nice; maybe a white field with a blue arrow pointing left. There are four points for the four parties.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »

I suggested no stars, and would vote against any proposal including them.

Perhaps this?

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »

*official statement on behalf of the Left Bloc*

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, people of Antillia and the world;

Four hours ago our nation first learned that Mr. Thurston Jones, aged 6, and a prominent member of the Antillian political scene, passed away.

We mourn his loss and commend him on his life of service. We sympathise with his family and friends, many of whom have signed this message today.

A sweet passage awaits.

x Vijay Prabhusanjil

(Please sign below)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 04:13:49 AM »

M. Denoix has suggested a cross-bloc cabinet for the first sitting of parliament and until elections are held.

We have strength of numbers to override this suggestion, and I am of two minds on this. On the one hand, it would be good to commence our nation's new democratic era in a multi-partisan, bi-bloc way; on the nother, we have the opportunity to ensure that the democracy represents the views of our supporters, who form the majority of Antillian voters.

I will withold my own vote on the proposal, but I request that all other members of the bloc vote Aye or Nay on this proposal within the next 72 hours. You can do so in this thread.

Other items on the agenda include a sincere apology to Mr. Thurston Jones, who is indeed alive and kicking. The mistake was made by myself; the Mr. Jones that has passed away was a valuable member of the ALP's executive.

Finally, I ask for final submissions on the bloc logo to be presented within the next 72 hours.

Thank you,.

--Vijay Prabhusanjil
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »

I have been called upon to present my personal opinion. I do so reluctantly as I do not wish to prejudice the vote on the proposal put forward by M. Denoix, but as there has been a distinct lack of voting so far I will risk doing so.

Whoever forms the first government of this new era in Antillia will represent an oligarchy, a powerful elite who will shape the future of Antillia for the years to come and into the new century.

That oligarchy will be lead either by the members of this bloc alone or with those of the Right bloc. M. Denoix's support for a cross-bloc cabinet in our meeting is understandable; it is a good ideal to hear all voices in the early days of our cabinet discussions.

That said, cabinet will be of remarkably litytle importance in the opening days, but rather parliament as a whole shall determine critical issues, as it should be. The first critical issue is to set up a system for a free and fair election, and to do that, we need a constitution.

The left dominates Antillian politics. Political activism is higher on our side, and polls suggest that as a whole we are more popular than our Right-wing counterparts. We have a legitimate claim to assume power whilst a vacuum exists, and yet to do so would be at the least reminiscent of the dictatorship[ we are so recently free of.

I support a cabinet of national unity. I ask the bloc to do so too. I assure you that if our bloc supports such a move, nothing shall be undertaken except the creation of a constitution and an implementation of elections in the near future, including decisions needed to get such processes underway. If there is an emergency of national significance, I will work with M. Denoix and all our fellow parliamentarians to resolve it in a rapid and complete manner, and I will protect the nation from right-wing policies that would be harmful to our new democracy.

In short, I ask the members of the left bloc to trust my leadership and M. Denoix's capacity to be truly non-partisan. I also azsk for your support in moving towards elections as soon as possible, and that will mean a few days and weeks of increased activity.

If and when I take on the role of Prime Minister, the first of this era, I hope to do so with the support of my party, my bloc, my parliament and my country. If I cannot do so, I will not do so. I will absolutely not be a dictator; but I absolutely will be true to my moral, political and national obligations and I will not compromise to M. Denoix or anyone if it would be harmful.

I request the Left bloc to support the cross-bloc cabinet proposal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies