Left Bloc HQ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:07:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Left Bloc HQ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Left Bloc HQ  (Read 30356 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »

I nominate Vijay Prabhusanjil for Shadow Prime Minister.

I worry that many of the people represented by my party would not take to kindly to the idea of having a young ethnic bussynessman as Prime Minister.

Do you have an alternative?

Mr Hordern would seem to be the most electable. I would nominate Mr Dudley but it would seem that he has not been well of late.

Though I'm not actually opposed to Mr Prabhoosangel being PM. I like him.

I was thining of someone more along the lines of Mr. Hill, bcause, as Mr. Hordern pointed out, us Social Democrats form a majority in the Left BLoc.

I'd be happy if you guys want me.  However I'd be satisfied with most of the other fellows in the Bloc as well.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

I would be happy to accept the role of Prime Ministerial candidate for the Left.

--Vijay Prabhusanjil

I would very much enjoy my SDP fellow as our Shadow Prime Minister.  As a side note I believe it would be best to appoint Mr. Hordern as what amounts to a Deputy Secretary Prime Minister to ensure party balance and then when we inevitably take a larger number of seats than the right bloc divide the remaining positions equally among the parties.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »

I personally would like to be Shadow Secretary of Foreign Affairs.  What sort of positions should we push for in the new government?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 09:08:13 PM »

Comrades, I have just realised that we have yet to elect a chairman. Or are we doing things via the ancient principles of carve-up and first-come-first-serve rather than democratically?

I agree, that will make things much easier.  However why not simply make the Shadow PM and chairman one in the same?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »

I believe the cross bloc cabinet is a great idea though we will of course hold onto the Prime Ministership itself.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »

OOC:

I think (though I could be very wrong) that the problem here is that Hugh is working on this basis:

All parties, please align yourselves to the Left or Rght in this thread.

Both blocs shall have 20 gauranteed members of parliament, with the other 10 being determined proportionally by the size of each bloc-so if 60% of members are aligned to the Left bloc, they get 6/10 seats, for example.

While Andrew isn't.

OOC -

That's not really too much of an issue. Its more about the idea of forming an administration without an 'election' beforehand. It seems ludicrous that after a dictatorship any democrat on either bloc would be presumtive about which bloc forms a government simply because one has more members than the other. I don't think the outside world would take too kindly to that either. We should either have a short period of 'unity' government before an election or not form a government until one is held.

I agree with Mister Denoix.  Before we can have a true national government we must prove to the people we will not become worse than the dictatorship we overthrew.  We must show them that we as a government can be trusted to have their best interests at heart and to work together to set up our initial government.  After all the first government will be to set up the government as a whole, therefore I doubt the debate will be down bloc lines but rather by individuals personal consciences.  After the first government I think it is all well and good to go at eachother along bloc or party lines but not before then.  We must not misuse the people's trust now or ever!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies