McCain/Sanford vs. Obama/Sebelius
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:38:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain/Sanford vs. Obama/Sebelius
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: McCain/Sanford vs. Obama/Sebelius  (Read 5007 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »

Obama:  364
McCain:  174

Obama continues his charisma orgasm and pulls most independents and many liberal Republicans over.

I think people are really underestimating the chances of a possible landslide.

We're too used to the bitter divide of the past 15 years.

Remember how bitterly divided Germany was during the Weimar Republic only to be unified in the blink of an eye by a very charismatic racist nut job.  Only this time the unification is positive.

Obama will do well in the west because that is where the young people are.

NC would flip before Tennessee and Kentucky would if Obama is the nominee. But I'm not going to argue .. it's only possible for Obama to win in this fashion. McCain might as well not even run. But I'm a hack and people who think Obama will win are not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 10:51:43 PM »

This is getting really out of control. I am serious when I say you ought to look into help.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

This is getting really out of control. I am serious when I say you ought to look into help.

Stop being a hack, Phil. You know this is what will happen. It is you and I that need to get help for our racism.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »

Obama wins 278-260. Popular vote something like 49.8-49.0%. Racism/whatever gives McCain a 50,000 vote margin in Ohio, but Obama makes up with gains in the west. Closest states are Nevada, Virginia, Missouri, Colorado, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and New Mexico.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »

Stop being a hack, Phil. You know this is what will happen. It is you and I that need to get help for our racism.

Obama seems to be in the right place at the right time.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 10:59:23 PM »

Remember how bitterly divided Germany was during the Weimar Republic only to be unified in the blink of an eye by a very charismatic racist nut job.  Only this time the unification is positive.

NDSAP never pulled anything close to a majority
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »

Because only this registers with you people:

anything less shall never happen...EVAR
not even the devine powers of Obama the Almighty can save his homestate...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »

The Republicans in this thread are being ridiculous. Poll after poll shows Obama doing better than McCain, crushing him in a number of supposed swing states. Obama is young and inspiring. McCain is old and negative. The economy is plumetting and McCain has tied himself to an unpopular war. Also, I don't know if the Republicans here know this, but there were some elections in US history where the winner netted more than 300 EVs.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 11:07:10 PM »

Obama seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Enough to win LA, TN, KY, MO and MT? Get real.

The Republicans in this thread are being ridiculous. Poll after poll shows Obama doing better than McCain, crushing him in a number of supposed swing states. Obama is young and inspiring. McCain is old and negative. The economy is plumetting and McCain has tied himself to an unpopular war. Also, I don't know if the Republicans here know this, but there were some elections in US history where the winner netted more than 300 EVs.

LOL ok. What month is it? When is the General? Obama is the big deal now. People don't know about his record. Just wait.

Uh, ok, hack. I had Obama winning states like NV, CO, NM and IA.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »

Poll after poll shows Obama doing better than McCain, crushing him in a number of supposed swing states. Obama is young and inspiring. McCain is old and negative. The economy is plumetting and McCain has tied himself to an unpopular war.

What exactly does McCain have to run on? 60%+ of the country wants us out of Iraq within a year, the economy is slipping into recession, 47 million people without healthcare, etc. The guy has nothing going for him, and it doesn't help that Obama is 25 years younger and the most charismatic Democratic candidate since JFK.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The same can be said about McCain. People don't know that he's flip-flopped on issue after issue. People don't know the extent to which he is tied to the Bush administration, to its failed economic policy, to its failed foreign policy. McCain is still the "maverick", the moderate Republican who's a complete repudiation of Bush. People still haven't seen him debate or speak.

Also, every time Obama campaigns in a state, every time people get to know him, his poll numbers go up. McCain, meanwhile, is a lackluster campaigner who can't raise money without flip-flopping and running to lobbyists and only won the nomination because of a split in the conservative vote.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 11:12:13 PM »

The word Hack is being used to freely in this thread...im curious how im a hack for in this situation? My hackery for my secret undyling love for McCain in this scenerio? yahookay
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »

The same can be said about McCain. People don't know that he's flip-flopped on issue after issue. People don't know the extent to which he is tied to the Bush administration, to its failed economic policy, to its failed foreign policy. McCain is still the "maverick", the moderate Republican who's a complete repudiation of Bush. People still haven't seen him debate or speak.

Also, every time Obama campaigns in a state, every time people get to know him, his poll numbers go up. McCain, meanwhile, is a lackluster campaigner who can't raise money without flip-flopping and running to lobbyists and only won the nomination because of a split in the conservative vote.

LOL  "Everytime Obama campaigns in a state, every time people get to know him, his poll numbers go up."

People haven't seen McCain speak or debate? Really? Everyone just knows the savior, Obama? Hmmm...how did McCain win the nomination again?

You people really think this is going to last forever? Wow. The end of the honeymoon is coming, guys, and you are going to be hurting.

The word Hack is being used to freely in this thread...im curious how im a hack for in this situation? My hackery for my secret undyling love for McCain in this scenerio? yahookay

You're a hack because you think the insane maps of Texas4Obama are accurate!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 11:19:26 PM »

OMG LOLZ MCCAIN RULEZ CUZ HE SURVIVES TILL THE ELECTSHUN!@#!I#!  OBAMA SUCKS!#@!  I HATE THINGS OTHER PEOPL ELIKER#
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »

OMG LOLZ MCCAIN RULEZ CUZ HE SURVIVES TILL THE ELECTSHUN!@#!I#!  OBAMA SUCKS!#@!  I HATE THINGS OTHER PEOPL ELIKER#

Again, be mature and address my actual map.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 11:20:44 PM »

I dont think he'll be able to take Kentucky, Tennessee, and Kansas and all that junk but he will be the strongest candidate in November. Polls clearly show he does better in Iowa, Nevada, Wisconsin, Oregon, New Hampshire, Missouri, and Ohio [tho he still loses it] and the democrats even lead in North Carolina [although by 1 point]. I wouldnt be surprised if November is a big blowout for the democrats, brought on by 8 years of an unpopular republican President and an unpopular unjustified war.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 11:21:12 PM »

Just one question. McCain has been in the Senate for 25 years. What has he done in that time? What are his accomplishments? Apart from a bit of years-old campaign finance reform that no-one cares about and most people who do care about don't like.

There's one candidate here who should really fear an examining of his record.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 11:21:58 PM »

Um... I think that McCain winning Connecticut or Pennsylvania or Wisconsin is more "insane" than winning the west or Virginia. I think most people would agree that a candidate of the incumbent party winning during a recession, an unpopular war, and the term of a 28% approval-rating President is "insane."

When did I say that everyone knows Obama? I was making the point that no one really knows McCain or Obama yet. There is still plenty of time for both candidates to be defined. But, so far, whenever Obama is introduced to new voters, they like him, despite what the Clinton machine (which I would argue is more powerful, more smoothly run than whatever Karl "the Republicans will hold congress in 2006" Rove throws at us) has tried.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »

The general election is nine months away. He is the 'it' candidate right now. Once people start learning about his record, I can assure you the tone will change. Right now the far left wing of the party is in control and pushing him forward.

Please, in the maps I made I gave Obama CO, IA, IL, the NE sans NH and Penn, etc.. you're being ridicules now.

Once Republicans learn more about Obama, they will unite behind McCain. I think Michelle Obama helped spark that today when she proudly announced to the world that she hasn't been proud of this country at anytime before today.

And beating the "Iraq is a failed state" won't make as much sense when Iraq is having more elections by November and the generals on the ground are saying that Al-Qaeda is on the run and violence continues to drop. And, if Bush is withdrawing troops by then, the Democrats argument is moot point.

The war may have been wrong, but why keep living in 2003 and saying "We need to get out now" and ignoring what is currently going on. Pulling out and leaving a power vacuum in the Middle East for Iran isn't the best thing for this nation.

Also, the President has little control over the economy. The tax cuts got us out of a recession in 2002 and brought the government record revenues. People were making money. The President, whether it be Obama or McCain, will have little control over it. I can promise you that raising taxes on businesses and the wealthy is a wonderful way NOT to grow an economy. It's impossible to grow it from the bottom up. Raising the minimum wage, taxing the hell out of the rich will not lead to a better economy. The poor who get all that money will not be investing it, that's for sure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 11:23:41 PM »

Very mature. That's exactly the way Phil and I have been acting throughout this thread.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »

Very mature. That's exactly the way Phil and I have been acting throughout this thread.

Exactly, how does it feel now that ridiculousness has hijaked your thread? Just giving you a taste of your own medicine
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 11:26:08 PM »

Just one question. McCain has been in the Senate for 25 years. What has he done in that time? What are his accomplishments? Apart from a bit of years-old campaign finance reform that no-one cares about and most people who do care about don't like.

There's one candidate here who should really fear an examining of his record.

I'm not even talking about accomplishments because we've had that battle here before (though if you really wish to go into it, fire away). I'm talking about the record in general. Obama is far too liberal. Right now all people know is HOPE anc CHANGE. That only works for so long.

Um... I think that McCain winning Connecticut or Pennsylvania or Wisconsin is more "insane" than winning the west or Virginia.

LOL I never said he'd win CT and considering WI and PA are states that are true swing states and even show McCain leading, your comparison is even more of a joke.

I think most people would agree that a candidate of the incumbent party winning during a recession, an unpopular war, and the term of a 28% approval-rating President is "insane."

Ok, sure.

P.S. - Karl Rove won in 2000, 2002 and 2004 > losing in 2006.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »

ahduke, what will people 'learn' about Obama?  You seem pretty sure there's something that'll turn them off him.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 11:28:26 PM »

why is there maps with obama winning kentucky and tennessee? why oh why?

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 11:29:12 PM »

He stole 2000 and picked up 2 seats in 2002 while the President had a 60%+ approval rating. WHAT A GENIUS.

McCain, by the way, is far too conservative.

Newsflash: People don't care about issues. 2000 and 2004 proved that. People care about values and message. The message of hope, change and optimism trumps that of negativity, status quo, and pessimism.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies