Tim Pawlenty
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Tim Pawlenty
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Tim Pawlenty  (Read 1924 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 02:48:54 PM »

Gotcha, so since Pawlenty didn't deliever the state to McCain in the primary, it would be a horrible, terrible, rotten no good idea to pick him as VP. Gotcha.

Remember that John! Only pick people who can deliever the state for you!
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »

I don't know who said it -- but isn't there someone here who said Pawlenty would not only deliver Minnesota, but Wisconsin and Iowa also?  Because they were border states?

Pawlenty will surely be on the short list and may get chosen.  I am not sure he'd be nearly as smart a pick as Mark Sanford or a bonafide Southern conservative.  I am pretty sure Huckabee THINKS he's already the VP nominee, but that's a topic for another thread...
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »

On a side note, I can assure you that regardless of what they think of Pawlenty, most Minnesotans do no want Carol Molnau as Governor. Pawlenty is to Minnesota as Rendell is to Pennsylvania in this regard moreorless.

McCain taps Molnau instead of Pawlenty.  Problem solved.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »

Now there's a mental image I did not want.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »

On a side note, I can assure you that regardless of what they think of Pawlenty, most Minnesotans do no want Carol Molnau as Governor. Pawlenty is to Minnesota as Rendell is to Pennsylvania in this regard moreorless.

Oh, so John McCain is worried that Minnesotans don't want their Lt. Governor as their Governor? Ok. Sure.

Pawlenty is to Minnesota as Rendell is to Pennsylvania in this regard moreorless.

You mean Pawlenty is a Philadelphia Mob Thug too?

Nice one.  Wink
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »

Oh, so John McCain is worried that Minnesotans don't want their Lt. Governor as their Governor? Ok. Sure.

Minnesota voters care.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 08:55:03 PM »

Minnesota voters care.

Ok, so I am one to believe that Minnesota would probably vote for McCain based on McCain, not on Pawlenty. So now you want me to believe that Minnesotans will put aside their support (remember, it is just my opinion that they support him) because they don't want some woman as their Governor who would only serve for two years anyway?

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 09:04:33 PM »

BTW, my old home county was one of the ones won by Paul. Probably the most populated one won so far by him (and most likely the most populated one he ever will win.)

Blue Earth = 55,941 people (Paul wins with 31%)
Missoula = 95,802 people (Paul wins with 46%)

pwnd
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »

Minnesota voters care.

Ok, so I am one to believe that Minnesota would probably vote for McCain based on McCain, not on Pawlenty. So now you want me to believe that Minnesotans will put aside their support (remember, it is just my opinion that they support him) because they don't want some woman as their Governor who would only serve for two years anyway?

It'd drag down McCain somewhat (who would not win because he's not popular here but that's beside the point)

BTW, my old home county was one of the ones won by Paul. Probably the most populated one won so far by him (and most likely the most populated one he ever will win.)

Blue Earth = 55,941 people (Paul wins with 31%)
Missoula = 95,802 people (Paul wins with 46%)

pwnd

Montana didn't have anything remotely resembling a democratic election. Only about 2000 people were allowed to vote, all state party insiders.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies