Joran Vandersloot confesses.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:49:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Joran Vandersloot confesses.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joran Vandersloot confesses.  (Read 3792 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:20:20 AM »

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed here yet.

I never followed this case but now I want to see this closed soon. Fry this pig.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9f7WO_G1Bbw
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 01:46:21 AM »
« Edited: February 05, 2008, 01:55:43 AM by Pim Fortuyn »

My problem is not with the case itself but with the actions of Holloway's mother. She single handedly tried to create an international boycott against the innocent island of Aruba, which seems to be collective punishment, a very terrible crime. She lost her daughter, which is tragic, but she tried to take out her anger on others and whip up public hysteria, so she doesn't need anymore sympathy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 03:13:21 AM »

This story is pointless and stupid. People die/go missing every single day. Just because one of them is a rich, white hot girl, doesn't mean that we need to hear any more about it. It's ridiculous the degree that the media has blown this story up, and really speaks to the problems with our current news/media setup in this country.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:38:38 AM »

This story is pointless and stupid. People die/go missing every single day. Just because one of them is a rich, white hot girl, doesn't mean that we need to hear any more about it. It's ridiculous the degree that the media has blown this story up, and really speaks to the problems with our current news/media setup in this country.

That is what really grates at me. If she wasn't white, blond, and pretty, none of us would know anything about her cause the media wouldn't give a damn about her. The national media is stocked with so many mouthpieces who say they are fair, and promote equality. But in reality, they don't give two sh**ts about minorities, unless they're in the back of a police car.

Especially that Greta van Sustran. Every damn day she's running some story about the case. "Help!!! Natalee's mom just sneezed!!! Call the police."

As you can tell, I'm a tad cynical in these matters. Tongue
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 07:43:23 AM »

LOL @ white guilt Roll Eyes
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »

Ok, so we should pay attention to the others that go missing (black, white, Hispanic, male, female, etc.) but that doesn't mean this story is "pointless" or "stupid." What that piece of filth did to this girl should enrage everyone. The sick part is how he is basically bragging about what he did.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »

White guilt about what?  The fact that we celebritize missing, pretty, white-bread women?  That's not "white guilt."  That's just admitting that part of our culture is majorly f'ed-up.

(You don't seriously think that this only bothers people because we're guilty for racism?)

Yes. I bet if this was a missing pretty black woman, you'd be at all pissed. But it's very PC to whine about things like this.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »

Yes. I bet if this was a missing pretty black woman, you'd be at all pissed. But it's very PC to whine about things like this.

Oh yes, argumentum ad political correctness.  Because reverse PC ("everything that's PC is automatically bad!") is a much more valid of a concept, right?

Of course I would be complaining.  Making missing people into celebrities based on ridiculous things such as race and physical attractiveness is stupid.  Period.

You actually find this to be a valid preoccupation?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »

The retiring Centre County District Attorney, Ray Gricar, disappeared without a trace from Central Pennsylvania on April 15, 2005.  Because he was public official, in law enforcement and he was much more local, I'm far more interested in that.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »

The retiring Centre County District Attorney, Ray Gricar, disappeared without a trace from Central Pennsylvania on April 15, 2005.  Because he was public official, in law enforcement and he was much more local, I'm far more interested in that.

As the officially endorsed spokesperson for the American public at large, I have released the following statement:

*yawn*
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »

As the officially endorsed spokesperson for the American public at large, I have released the following statement:

*yawn*

Unfortunately, that seems to be the general case.  Of course, Mr. Gricar a 59 year old male, and not a pretty blond teenager.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2008, 03:00:28 PM by Mike for McCain »

What I wonder...is why the hell would the SCHOOL allow 18 year old kids to go to frickin' Aruba on a final class trip...and drink and mess around...to me that's not good school conduct and the teachers screwed up.

As for this Moron Vandersh*t, what the hell would a nice high school girl like Natalie see in this ugly lowlife nobody? I see all the time the way things are...my dad has been a cop for 29 years...and he tells me the crap these young girls do. They date these low life dirtbag scum losers and end up getting in trouble...and even dead because of it.

Many times...the PARENTS of the teenager in trouble get MAD AT THE COPS! Probably because many of the parents are also scumsucking lowlifes.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »

What I wonder...is why the hell would the SCHOOL allow 18 year old kids to go to frickin' Aruba on a final class trip...and drink and mess around...to me that's not good school conduct and the teachers screwed up.

Because 18 year olds are adults?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:24:18 PM »

My problem is not with the case itself but with the actions of Holloway's mother. She single handedly tried to create an international boycott against the innocent island of Aruba, which seems to be collective punishment, a very terrible crime. She lost her daughter, which is tragic, but she tried to take out her anger on others and whip up public hysteria, so she doesn't need anymore sympathy.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »

1. If Natalee Holloway were black, she wouldn't have vacationed in Aruba, so that is a moot point.

2. After having watched that video, all I can say is that Vandersloot has a distressingly typical attitude of a twenty-something toward sex, and, really, human life in general.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »

2. After having watched that video, all I can say is that Vandersloot has a distressingly typical attitude of a twenty-something toward sex, and, really, human life in general.

So true. Maybe that's what upsets me the most. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »

So true. Maybe that's what upsets me the most. 

Probably the fact he's just plain stupid is what upsets you the most....it does me. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies