Moving back in with my parents :(
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:40:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Moving back in with my parents :(
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moving back in with my parents :(  (Read 2148 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:18:49 PM »

Well, sometime in February, I will be moving back in with my mother and dad.  It will just be a temporary move for about a year to save money.

I am living by myself right now, but I will actually have more freedom and independence by moving in with them.  Right now, I live right next door to my nearly 82-year-old grandmother and she acts too much like a grandmother, and it does get annoying and frustrating.  My mother and dad treat me like I'm nearly 26, and not like I'm nearly 16 like my grandmother treats me.

This is just a transition period, though.  I will be moving into an apartment closer to work sometime in March or April 2009 nearing my 27th birthday.  I also will be getting much needed like skills as I do not know how to cook save for mac and cheese, ramen noodles, and eggs and bacon.  So, to compensate, I've been going out to fast food joints like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Sonic, etc. nearly every day, sometimes twice a day.  That has not allowed me to lose weight, naturally, but by moving in with them I will have more nutritious home cooked meals and go out to eat less, so my waist line should begin to shrink some.

I will just be moving 6 miles from my current location, so not too big of a move.

I shouldn't be missing much time on the forum, however.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »

Good luck with that!  (you couldn't pay me to move back in with my parents)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:38:01 AM »

After coming home for the summer holidays, I am sooooooooooo ready to escape again, and I hope i'll never be living here again, even summer holidays.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »

Good to hear.  Build up that savings account while you can!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 03:59:43 PM »

I'm still at home. It's not too bad if you have your freedom even if you share a roof.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »

My sympathies bro.

No matter how well you all get along, that isn't easy at your age.

Good luck
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 04:11:40 PM »

My sympathies bro.

No matter how well you all get along, that isn't easy at your age.

Good luck

Thankfully, it will only be a year.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 04:21:18 PM »

I also will be getting much needed like skills as I do not know how to cook save for mac and cheese, ramen noodles, and eggs and bacon.  So, to compensate, I've been going out to fast food joints like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Sonic, etc. nearly every day, sometimes twice a day.  That has not allowed me to lose weight, naturally, but by moving in with them I will have more nutritious home cooked meals and go out to eat less, so my waist line should begin to shrink some.

buy a general cook book, unless you're into cooking in a pan or making sauces, cooking isn't that hard.

I fixed chicken soup last night, it is very easy and good for you.  Simply boil chicken, carrots, and celery together and boil some rice in a separate pot to go with it.  When done, place the rice in the bowl and add the chicken soup on top of the rice.   And pepper and salt to your own preference.  yummy!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »

I did come back for what I thought would be three months at the age of 20 after two years on my own, and was very glad to get out after just one month.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

I also will be getting much needed like skills as I do not know how to cook save for mac and cheese, ramen noodles, and eggs and bacon.  So, to compensate, I've been going out to fast food joints like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Sonic, etc. nearly every day, sometimes twice a day.  That has not allowed me to lose weight, naturally, but by moving in with them I will have more nutritious home cooked meals and go out to eat less, so my waist line should begin to shrink some.

buy a general cook book, unless you're into cooking in a pan or making sauces, cooking isn't that hard.

I fixed chicken soup last night, it is very easy and good for you.

How on earth does soup break?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »

My father lived with me for a number of years.  I actually liked having him around.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »

You think you've got problems? I live with my mother-in-law.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 09:06:53 PM »

Well...  Change of Plans...  Again...

I am now going to stay where I am at living 100 feet from my grandmother in her rent house, with a few minor changes.  I am going to be taught how to cook by her and my mother.  She is going to treat me like a renter, not a little grandson.  She is going to treat me like I'm 25 going on 26, not like I'm 25 going on 16.  I will be saving my money for the next six months and be into an apartment closer to work by September 1, 2008.

This will allow me to continue to be semi-independent and grow increasingly independent, but grow increasingly prepared to live by myself at least 13-16 miles from either of them.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »

Well...  Change of Plans...  Again...

I am now going to stay where I am at living 100 feet from my grandmother in her rent house, with a few minor changes.  I am going to be taught how to cook by her and my mother.  She is going to treat me like a renter, not a little grandson.  She is going to treat me like I'm 25 going on 26, not like I'm 25 going on 16.  I will be saving my money for the next six months and be into an apartment closer to work by September 1, 2008.

This will allow me to continue to be semi-independent and grow increasingly independent, but grow increasingly prepared to live by myself at least 13-16 miles from either of them.

Congrats on the change Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2008, 09:16:37 PM by angus »

Hell yeah.  Free rent!

But you'll find that the median age of the girls you score with will decrease markedly.  I found that out the hard way.  When you have your own apartment and your own car you can do pretty well with sophisticated women.  Move back with mama and daddy, and you're back to bagging recent high school graduates.  At best.  Then again, that may be just your type.  Either way, unless you're a real asshole, the folks will probably be thrilled to have you back.  My mama was so happy when I moved in with her the summer after I graduated from college and before I went to grad school.  My social life was the pits, and I had to sneak around back to burn one.  But I saved money.  And mama was happy.  Looking back now through the lenses of twenty more years of wisdom, I'd say that the time I spent with mama was really more important than anything else I might have done that summer, so it was a good thing.

ah, sh**t.  I was just about to post this and share the love and the wisdom.  then you posted this tripe about moving in with two bimbos in a trailer you're renting from grandma.  well, that can be fun too.  I lived with two women in Boston for more than five years.  Those years were good ones too. 

It's all good.  Save money, though.  Don't count on Social Security being there when you're old.  And don't count on being able to get the little soldier to come to attention on command when you're old either.  So have fun now while you still can.  Always a trade-off, isn't it?  Well, just prioritize.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:53:03 AM »

I don't believe he is moving at all, angus, he is planning to remain in a free rental house, not a trailer.

There are few things that free a young person as much as free rent.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 06:24:45 AM »

I don't believe he is moving at all, angus, he is planning to remain in a free rental house, not a trailer.

There are few things that free a young person as much as free rent.

Its not exactly free, but its as close as you can get to free.  The rent is $150 (when I can pay it) plus electric ($72) and gas (approx. $40).  So, not even $300 a month total between the rent and the electric.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »

I am going to be taught how to cook by her and my mother.  She is going to treat me like a renter, not a little grandson.  She is going to treat me like I'm 25 going on 26, not like I'm 25 going on 16. 

sounds like you had a heavy duty conversation with your parents and grandparents.   I hope things work out.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies