Jim McGreevey (D-NJ) to resign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:57:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Jim McGreevey (D-NJ) to resign?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Jim McGreevey (D-NJ) to resign?  (Read 13170 times)
NHPolitico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2004, 03:52:03 PM »

Why should they demand an immediate resignation?
McGreevey didn't have to resign...he didn't break any laws.

He misused funds for his unqualified lover and risked the state's homeland security. He used tax dollars to pay for his bimbo and, worse, gave his bimbo an important job-- especially in a terrorist mecca like NJ.
DarthKosh

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 03:53:14 PM »

He misused funds for his unqualified lover and risked the state's homeland security. He used tax dollars to pay for his bimbo and, worse, gave his bimbo an important job-- especially in a terrorist mecca like NJ.

And know the bimbo is sueing.
NHPolitico

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2004, 03:56:14 PM »

Bret Schundler  thinks the Democrats put Cipel up to filing the lawsuit to get McGreevy out of the way.
DarthKosh

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2004, 03:57:27 PM »

Bret Schundler  thinks the Democrats put Cipel up to filing the lawsuit to get McGreevy out of the way.

Wouldn't doubt it.  NJ is run buy a few and McGreevy was taken out.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2004, 04:13:46 PM »

The "word" is that he will be campaigning for Kerry in a Kerry-Edwards bus tour through the South. Wink
raggage

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 06:40:11 PM »

I say he deserves our respect, if nothing else for standing up and being man enough to stand up and admit to his indiscretions in front of the whole state/country.
qwerty
Dick Nixon
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2004, 06:54:43 PM »

I say he deserves our respect, if nothing else for standing up and being man enough to stand up and admit to his indiscretions in front of the whole state/country.

I respect him for that, and nothing else. The man is a criminal. I am so glad that his two and a half years of bullsh**t is finally coming to an end.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2004, 06:58:55 PM »

What he did today did take a lot of courage. But his affair, the scandals within his adminstration, the corruption and his failure as a Governor deserve no admiration. Someone suggested earlier that the voters might rush to McGreevey's defense. They might defend the way he addressed this issue today but will the majority of people in NJ defend his job as Governor? Don't count on it.
raggage

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2004, 07:00:19 PM »

What he did today did take a lot of courage. But his affair, the scandals within his adminstration, the corruption and his failure as a Governor deserve no admiration. Someone suggested earlier that the voters might rush to McGreevey's defense. They might defend the way he addressed this issue today but will the majority of people in NJ defend his job as Governor? Don't count on it.

Well Keystone.... I've got to say I agree with you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2004, 07:01:04 PM »

Well Keystone.... I've got to say I agree with you.

well for once you see the right side of things, raggage! Tongue
DarthKosh

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2004, 07:51:58 PM »

Only reason why he came out is becaused he is being sued by his former lover.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2004, 09:48:51 PM »

Yep, he was busted, what else could he have done
DarthKosh

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2004, 09:57:52 PM »

I did not have sexual relations with that man......
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2004, 10:55:01 PM »

Well, if you define sex in way similar to the way social conservatives want to define marriage, well then he couldn't have had sexual relations with any man.  Smiley
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004, 12:32:39 AM »

Well, if you define sex in way similar to the way social conservatives want to define marriage, well then he couldn't have had sexual relations with any man.  Smiley

(rolls eyes)  I don't know how serious you are, but HOPEFULLY you're not claiming that there is a contradiction between defining marriage as between a man and a woman, while at the same time, defining homosexual activity as a sin.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2004, 05:17:25 AM »

Still not enough.
He should have said he's gay, brought suit against anybody trying to blackmail him, and threatened anybody who used the words "resign" to fisticuffs.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2004, 05:50:41 AM »

I love how some people in the media are trying to spin it how this guy is courageous and a martyr to gay rights.  His being gay has 0% to do with this.  This guy put the citizens of New Jersey at grave risk by appointing one of his boyfriends as terrorism czar.  A task he was not nearly qualified for.  Furthermore, he was caught on tape in another scandal by the FBI saying a pre-planned code word for kickback scheme-  Machiavelli.  McGreevey stated that it was a coincidence.  Don't know about you- I've read the Prince and it doesn't happen to come up that often.  This guy is a crook and should resign immediately.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2004, 06:05:04 AM »

I love how some people in the media are trying to spin it how this guy is courageous and a martyr to gay rights.  His being gay has 0% to do with this.  This guy put the citizens of New Jersey at grave risk by appointing one of his boyfriends as terrorism czar.  A task he was not nearly qualified for.  Furthermore, he was caught on tape in another scandal by the FBI saying a pre-planned code word for kickback scheme-  Machiavelli.  McGreevey stated that it was a coincidence.  Don't know about you- I've read the Prince and it doesn't happen to come up that often.  This guy is a crook and should resign immediately.
Well, in all honesty I don't know about that stuff...
I should add that he should have come out of the closet way earlier.
DarthKosh

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2004, 06:47:11 AM »

Him being gay is not news.  Everyone knew it and couldn't care less about it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2004, 06:55:14 AM »

Him being gay is not news.  Everyone knew it and couldn't care less about it.
Yeah, anyways.
NHPolitico

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2004, 11:44:33 AM »

The media has let him get away with making this a referendum on being gay, rather than on his failure to carry out his duties responsibly.
AZDem
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2004, 12:36:32 PM »

I heard this line from Dallas a loooong time ago:
"The first rule in politics is never be caught in bed with a live man or a dead woman." JR talking to Cliff Barnes when it was found out that Cliff had a girlfried that died from an abortion before Roe v. Wade.
DarthKosh

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2004, 01:29:08 PM »

I heard this line from Dallas a loooong time ago:
"The first rule in politics is never be caught in bed with a live man or a dead woman." JR talking to Cliff Barnes when it was found out that Cliff had a girlfried that died from an abortion before Roe v. Wade.

It's a live boy or a dead girl.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2004, 01:44:06 PM »

The media has let him get away with making this a referendum on being gay, rather than on his failure to carry out his duties responsibly.

so it seems.  lot's of chatter about how it's a shame that a 47 year old man can't admit he's a "gay american" and keep his job.  But this needn't be about McGreevy's identity.  Sure, the fact that it's a homosexual marital affair makes it juicy, but he hired an aide who was marginally qualified, at best, and now faces a lawsuit.  This would be big news even if the other Man had been the other Woman, don't you think?
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2004, 02:41:39 PM »

I can't help but draw parallels to King James I and the Duke of Buckingham, but I'm strange like that.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies