MasterJedi's Mideast Senate Seat Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:26:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MasterJedi's Mideast Senate Seat Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MasterJedi's Mideast Senate Seat Campaign Thread  (Read 1287 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »

*MasterJedi walks to the podium in his hometown of Greendale, WI*

As maybe a few of you know, two weeks ago I announced that I plan on running for the Mideast Senate seat to replace Senator Sensei. Though many of you may think I have been absent lately I have been mostly lurking. I have a lot of work to do at school but that hasn't stopped me from watching what is happening and it definitly won't stop me from debating and voting on bills in the Senate while staying active.

If you will send me back to the Senate I can promise you that I will remain active and never miss a vote in the Senate if I can help it. I will also actively participate in debates and give each bill a fair look.

When I was last in the Senate I supported measures that would help the environment and I want to continue to do this. If you go look at the bills that I introduced and helped get past you will know that I'm not lying about this.

One bill that I know I'd like to propose right off the bat would be a nationwide gpa scale for public schools and universities. Right now schools use many different scales which can either hurt or help students depending on the systems their in, such as giving unfortunate advantages to certain students. While we can only make public schools and universities do this I would also like to the bill to encourage private insitutuions to do the same so the whole nation can have the same standard.

I will continue to expand on my campaign as the election goes along but I encourage all to ask questions of me, I really want this to happen. So until next time have a great day and may God bless you and please help me get another return trip to Nyman!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »

I hope you'll be more active than the other one running, I forgot his name.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 05:28:29 PM »

I'm not sure if he's even officially running now or not so who knows. But I will be making more speeches and as I said, if people have any questions post them and I'll answer.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:41:44 PM »

I'm not sure if he's even officially running now or not so who knows. But I will be making more speeches and as I said, if people have any questions post them and I'll answer.

Meekermariner is running.

Oh, and that picture is way too big.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »

I am not sure who I will support and vote for in this race but MasterJedi I wish you the best of luck.  You are one of the most capable legislators in Atlasia.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 09:03:34 PM »

Meekermariner is running.

Oh, and that picture is way too big.

Looked at your sig recently?  lol Tongue

MasterJedi,

As Former Governor of this grand region, you have my full support and my endorsement.  I wish you the very best.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 09:12:19 PM »

My standard question: What are your views on abortion, gay marriage, and term limits?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »

My standard question: What are your views on abortion, gay marriage, and term limits?

For abortion I favor it being illegal except in  cases of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger. My reasoning on this well is because I don't believe in killing unborn children and the fact that if you choose to have sex, even with protection you know that something could happen and you could get pregnant so you really have no right to kill the kid.

As for gay marriage I'm against it but I favor civil unions. Expanding on this so people don't just try to hit me on that I favor gay adoption which I already got passed the last time I was in the Senate with the Adoption Act. Along with that I also support gay people being allowed to serve opening in the military unless they cause problems. And by problems I mean that if they start flirting and causing trouble, just like straight people they should be removed.

As for term limits I don't support them. Why should the Senate restrict how many times the people can elect their Senators? It's up to the people to make those decisions, if they don't want that person in anymore than they can vote them out, or if they want them in for a long time they should be able to have that option as well.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 04:51:30 PM »

Along with that I also support gay people being allowed to serve opening in the military unless they cause problems. And by problems I mean that if they start flirting and causing trouble, just like straight people they should be removed.

ooh ooh misrter jedi u look pretty in that dress

wanna fool around on top the ferris wheel? Purple heart
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »

When I entered this race I knew I probably wouldn't win, just based on the makeup of the Mideast and how voters vote. And it proved right, I lost. I'd just like to congratulate my opponant on winning his first election. I'll just say that you better be active, or I'll be on your ass. Tongue And good luck in the Senate, hopefully you'll represent us all well, instead of just the left.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies