TN PrimD: Insider Advantage: Clinton leads in TN primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 07:51:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  TN PrimD: Insider Advantage: Clinton leads in TN primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN PrimD: Insider Advantage: Clinton leads in TN primary  (Read 883 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:23:52 AM »

New Poll: Tennessee President by Insider Advantage on 2008-1-30

Summary:
Clinton:
59%
Obama:
26%
Other:
7%
Undecided:
8%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:30:27 AM »

How do you input the URL?  Any time I input a realclearpolitics URL, it tells me it can't post it.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 11:40:05 AM »

I don't think Obama can win here now - or it doesn't seem like it.  I think he could have done with Edwards but the latter's withdrawal has made it a different picture. 
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »

What gets me is that Ford won a primary in TN... so I'd have thought that Obama would be able to... then again Ford got nominated against pretty nominal opposition, and i could exactly call Hillary Clinton  "nominal opposition".
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2008, 12:09:19 PM by Democratic 'Hawk' »

What gets me is that Ford won a primary in TN... so I'd have thought that Obama would be able to... then again Ford got nominated against pretty nominal opposition, and i could exactly call Hillary Clinton  "nominal opposition".

Ben Smiley,

I'd be surprised if the result here is not closer than what this poll suggests.

In 2006, I don't think there was a contested Democratic primary; although, she filed State Senator Rosalind Kurita later withdrew. Kurita, of course, later became a hero of Don's in that she voted with Republicans to oust long-serving Lt Governor John S. Wilder

Ford came reasonably close to winning the general. He secured 40% of the white vote in 2006 and carried 95% of African-Americans but they were only 13% of the general election vote. They'll constitute a larger demographic this coming Tuesday, however. But as Southern states go, it doesn't have a particularly high African-American population

Nevertheless, given Ford's performance among whites, it's difficult to conceive the Democratic primary being so polarised along racial lines but he, of course, was a home-boy with moderate credentials

There's such a tight schedule coming up for all remaining primary candidates, I'm wondering if a campaign stop by Obama would be worth it. Hillary headed straight there following SC

Dave
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 12:11:35 PM »

Clinton is pretty much safe here, but I didn't need this poll to tell me that.  Smiley
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2008, 12:23:01 PM by Wiz in Wis »

The internals look really wrong. Clinton is leading among blacks (hard to believe at this point), Youth (also a far stretch) and independents (three for three?!) One out of every 20 polls is pure crap, and this one looks like a real stinker. Compare this to the internals of the Georgia poll where Obama has huge leads in Blacks and Under 30s, I really cant accept that Tennessee is that isolated a polity.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »

No way is she this far ahead but Obama shouldn't waste his time here anyway.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2008, 12:40:02 PM by Democratic 'Hawk' »

Clinton is pretty much safe here, but I didn't need this poll to tell me that.  Smiley

Yes, she's the strong favorite. But the Democratic primary is not about winning states, it's about winning delegates so, the closer Obama runs Hillary, the better for him

Naturally, moving beyond Super Tuesday, the more states either candidate wins on Feb 5, the greater their momentum should the Democratic race remain far from over

Dave
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:40:55 PM »

Yes, she's the strong favorite. But the Democratic primary is not about winning states, it's about winning delegates so, the closer Obama runs Hillary, the better for him

Naturally, the more states either candidate wins on Feb 5, moving beyond Super Tuesday, the greater the momentum should the Democratic race remain inconclusive

Dave

If Obama wants to spend half-a-day in the black area of TN, ok.  But no more.  And maybe not even that.  Other places give him a better shot of picking up delegates, frankly.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 12:46:49 PM »

Naturally, the more states either candidate wins on Feb 5, moving beyond Super Tuesday, the greater the momentum should the Democratic race remain inconclusive

Dave

If Obama wants to spend half-a-day in the black area of TN, ok.  But no more.  And maybe not even that.  Other places give him a better shot of picking up delegates, frankly.

I was wondering whether it would worthwhile that's all Wink. Seemingly not. I'm trying to be optimistic as the race for the Democratic nod moves forth

Dave
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 02:12:28 PM »

Ideally, Obama would like to keep Clinton under 57% of the two-way vote here to prevent her from beginning to run away with delegates.

Though, at most, effort here can swing 6 delegates one way or the other, so it may not be worth it.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 04:54:11 PM »

Clinton's certainly leading, but a 33% lead? No way.

The poll says that Clinton will get 80.6% of the 18-29 vote and the black vote is evenly split, actually that Clinton leads the black vote by 2%. This poll is crap.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »

As others have said, the internals are ridiculous. Toss it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies