OK, now no question, I'd vote for Hillary in the general, no reservations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:34:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  OK, now no question, I'd vote for Hillary in the general, no reservations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: OK, now no question, I'd vote for Hillary in the general, no reservations  (Read 6514 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:45:38 PM »

Sure I'll be pretty pissed if she ends up taking the nomination with her dirty tricks and all against Obama. But for some reason the past few days here have only increased my disgust with McCain even greater.

If it comes down to Clinton vs. McCain, my sheer hatred of McCain makes voting for Clinton a no-brainer. I wouldn't even feel guilty now. Still Obama all the way, but if that doesn't work, against McCain I'm just as strongly for Clinton. The only thing that'd piss me off is having to support the same candidate as WalterMitty.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »

Using as much capitalization and expletives as you can, please describe your hatred of McCain in a paragraph form.  Make sure to justify your position with concrete details.

Go.  This assignment is worth 20 points.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »

McCain is a disgusting murderous THUG. He's endorsed by the king of such people, Joe Lieberman. Simply being supported by this disgusting piece of human sh!t alone is enough. At this point, my burning hatred of McCain has reached greater than Bush, and possibly greater than anyone except Ralph Nader. I'd vote for Norm Coleman over McCain. I'd vote for Michele Bachmann over McCain. I'd vote for TOM COBURN over McCain.

F**K MCCAIN.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:50:21 PM »

Not me.  I'm done w/ them.  The way they (especially Bill) has manipulated Barack's words throughout this campaign has completely turned me off to them.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:50:38 PM »

Well, you could always vote third party. Maybe the Greens. Wink

Nah, seriously though, I understand where your coming from. Shame that this has to be a vote where you’ll have to hold your nose, though.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2008, 09:55:41 PM by Alcon »

McCain is a disgusting murderous THUG. He's endorsed by the king of such people, Joe Lieberman. Simply being supported by this disgusting piece of human sh!t alone is enough. At this point, my burning hatred of McCain has reached greater than Bush, and possibly greater than anyone except Ralph Nader. I'd vote for Norm Coleman over McCain. I'd vote for Michele Bachmann over McCain. I'd vote for TOM COBURN over McCain.

F**K MCCAIN.

18/20.  Not enough capitalization.  Your last line was a wonderful conclusion.  You should put this in your portfolio!
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

Using as much capitalization and expletives as you can, please describe your hatred of McCain in a paragraph form.  Make sure to justify your position with concrete details.

18/20.  Not enough capitalization.  Your last line was a wonderful conclusion.  You should put this in your portfolio!

wait just a dog-gone minute here. you can't grade yourself
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:10 PM »

You should award him a degree.  That way he can drastically reduce the average of the number of years per degree.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »

wait just a dog-gone minute here. you can't grade yourself

someone just lost his extra credit opportunities

You should award him a degree.  That way he can drastically reduce the average of the number of years per degree.

good plan.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 10:01:50 PM »

Not me.  I'm done w/ them.  The way they (especially Bill) has manipulated Barack's words throughout this campaign has completely turned me off to them.

It's pissed me off no question, but McCain has been far worse. And there's no doubt his manipulations and smears in the general would be even worse.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

Good to see you Nick. 

I would just call this "Classic Clinton."
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 10:17:31 PM »

I have thought about and McCain would simply finish what Bush has done. McCain is the neo-con that Bush became.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 11:07:02 PM »

Even though I probably agree with the Clintons on many more issues than I agree with McCain on I just can't stomach voting for someone for which I have no personal respect.  I'm 100% for Obama and if ends up winning I'll probably vote for her over any of the other Republicans but if it comes down to McCain v Hillary I'm voting McCain all the way simply because I have an enormous amount of respect for the man and his character.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »

Yes, but then we will never leave Iraq. If he wins, regardless of what I do, I am going to stop questioning our involvement in Iraq. At that point, Iraq and Us will be like star-crossed lovers.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2008, 11:19:51 PM by Eraserhead »

^^^^

I agree and I also have at least some respect for McCain. I have none for Hillary. At least McCain is an honest warmonger.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 11:23:04 PM »

Who exactly has McCain butchered and murdered?

It seems like there are just these pat words that people use to describe anyone they don't like politically without any regard for what they actually mean.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 11:23:50 PM »

mccain is a thug
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »

barring a massive change in worldview on my own part, I can't envision supporting the Democratic nominee in November.  Clinton or otherwise.  although she more obviously represents the worst of the political system than does Obama...

look BRTD...  McCain's a dick.  not a difficult conclusion.  he's an opportunistic egomaniac, but they all are...  I challenge you to find the sliver of policy difference as president between McCain and Clinton.  one wants to be in Iraq for 50 years, the other for 100...  one wants to raise the SS earnings cap, one doesn't...  both want to run the healthcare industry through corporate thugs (except Hillary's probably more corporatist and fascistic about it, reading their platforms, not that it matters)...

stop choosing between evils.  the day you do that is the day you will be free.  if we had done this in 1968, maybe it would have mattered.  it'd be a late start, I know.  but I really hope every goddamn Obama voter, and every black, sits on his ass on November fourth and lets McCain win 42 states...  that's the only way to teach the Democratic Party to care about US...

or maybe I'm a dreamer...  keep embracing your hacks...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 12:25:40 AM »

i'm glad to see you're on the walter mitty bandwagon now, brtd.  about time.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 12:28:13 AM »

barring a massive change in worldview on my own part, I can't envision supporting the Democratic nominee in November.  Clinton or otherwise.  although she more obviously represents the worst of the political system than does Obama...

look BRTD...  McCain's a dick.  not a difficult conclusion.  he's an opportunistic egomaniac, but they all are...  I challenge you to find the sliver of policy difference as president between McCain and Clinton.  one wants to be in Iraq for 50 years, the other for 100...  one wants to raise the SS earnings cap, one doesn't...  both want to run the healthcare industry through corporate thugs (except Hillary's probably more corporatist and fascistic about it, reading their platforms, not that it matters)...

stop choosing between evils.  the day you do that is the day you will be free.  if we had done this in 1968, maybe it would have mattered.  it'd be a late start, I know.  but I really hope every goddamn Obama voter, and every black, sits on his ass on November fourth and lets McCain win 42 states...  that's the only way to teach the Democratic Party to care about US...

We've been trying that for 40 years.... Look at us now. We will be in a REAL dystopia long before your strategy bears fruit.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 12:29:14 AM »

It's a damn shame that the Republicans are so batsh**t crazy that the Democrats look somewhat non-batsh**t crazy in comparison.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »

We've been trying that for 40 years.... Look at us now. We will be in a REAL dystopia long before your strategy bears fruit.

No kidding. Letting Reagan and W both win was really good for us in the long run, right?

Well maybe W was politically, although that will probably only be fleeting at best if we can't come up with a true positive agenda.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »

at this point, we have to think about how are going to soft-land this abomination that has sucked the soul out of our country. Let it run its course? ...and how would that end?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 12:32:49 AM »

No kidding. Letting Reagan and W both win was really good for us in the long run, right?

Well maybe W was politically, although that will probably only be fleeting at best if we can't come up with a true positive agenda.

how different would our lives be with Presidents Mondale and Kerry and Gore?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 12:32:59 AM »

In a way, I sort of agree with Boss Tweed's sentiments.  It always amazes me the way everyone (not just Americans) complains bitterly about the state of politics today, but then, when push comes to shove, cast their votes for the very people who make politics the way it is.  And then they still manage to complain about it afterwards as if there was nothing they could have done about it.

Every time, I try to tell myself that the general public isn't that predictable, but every time they remind me that they most certainly are.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies