Are young people more/less sexually active in the Bible Belt?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:13:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are young people more/less sexually active in the Bible Belt?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
More

Less

The same

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Are young people more/less sexually active in the Bible Belt?  (Read 3085 times)
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -5.13

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:25:38 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

Depends. There are more teen pregnancies there. ..but who knows. Maybe ignorance increases the pregnancy rate in the bible belt. I wonder what the abortion rate is. I know the divorce rate is higher in the Bible Belt.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »

Definitely more.  Not THAT much more, but I wouldn't doubt at least some.  Sex is evil in the Bible Belt, and teens naturally rebel. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »

I sort of figured that people in the Bible belt are so concerned with what OTHER people do in their bedrooms, they wouldn't have time to have a sex life themselves... but maybe constantly thinking about what others do in their homes turns them on.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »

Definitely more.  Not THAT much more, but I wouldn't doubt at least some.  Sex is evil in the Bible Belt, and teens naturally rebel. 

I'm sure you know the Bible belt so well, New Jersey-ite. As far as I see it, it should be exactly the same as in the rest of the US. The Bible belt isn't really more religious; it's just that religion is more a part of their culture. I would guess the non-sexually active population was 10-15%; anywhere in the US you are.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:05:05 PM »

How would random people on a message board know? 

(especially one where many of the members have an obvious bias against people from the "bible belt")
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 03:42:39 AM »

I'm sure you know the Bible belt so well, New Jersey-ite. As far as I see it, it should be exactly the same as in the rest of the US. The Bible belt isn't really more religious; it's just that religion is more a part of their culture. I would guess the non-sexually active population was 10-15%; anywhere in the US you are.

It is roughly the same.  Any differences are obesity related.  Thus, though it is physically more difficult for them to have sex, the women are easier to get due to severe self-image issues caused by the fat.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »

The same. Maybe an almost insignificantly slight amount less.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »

How would random people on a message board know? 

More importantly, how would people on this message board know Smiley
RedStateDem

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »

It's a vicious circle where I live. Especially among the poor. Lack of public education and resources paired with the fact that it's not a topic for polite discussion equals more unwed mothers with multiple children on welfare.

And the very people who despise public sex education also despise the welfare system. I don't think that they understand that multi-generational ignorance and illiteracy is something that can be overcome by simply pulling onesself up by the bootstraps.

Religious groups seem to have a strong influence on the lack of sex ed on the local level where I live. I am no expert but I do work in the educational system and it's evident to me that I was exposed to more sex ed in the Midwest 25 years ago than the students in NC are today.

I like living in the South for various reasons, but this issue is one that makes me roll my eyes and sigh a lot. lol.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 04:59:40 PM »

It's a vicious circle where I live. Especially among the poor. Lack of public education and resources paired with the fact that it's not a topic for polite discussion equals more unwed mothers with multiple children on welfare.

And the very people who despise public sex education also despise the welfare system. I don't think that they understand that multi-generational ignorance and illiteracy is something that can be overcome by simply pulling onesself up by the bootstraps.

Religious groups seem to have a strong influence on the lack of sex ed on the local level where I live. I am no expert but I do work in the educational system and it's evident to me that I was exposed to more sex ed in the Midwest 25 years ago than the students in NC are today.

I like living in the South for various reasons, but this issue is one that makes me roll my eyes and sigh a lot. lol.

I wouldn't live in the south.  I lived there for 17 years too long.
perdedor

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 10:29:55 AM »

I've lived in every city in Texas, reigning from Houston. Trust me, we get freaky here. Anyone who would suggest that our high church attendance rates would imply a lack of sexual activity among the youth is, in all honesty, delusional.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 03:09:36 PM »

I've lived in every city in Texas, reigning from Houston. Trust me, we get freaky here. Anyone who would suggest that our high church attendance rates would imply a lack of sexual activity among the youth is, in all honesty, delusional.

Spare me the details.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

probably about the same as everywhere else: the higher teen pregnancy rates are due to poverty, low education levels, and abstinence-only sex education.
Willy Woz
Yemen

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 03:05:36 PM »

probably about the same as everywhere else: the higher teen pregnancy rates are due to poverty, low education levels, and abstinence-only sex education.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies