Presidential Primaries by Congressional District: What do you think?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Presidential Primaries by Congressional District: What do you think?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Primaries by Congressional District: What do you think?  (Read 2634 times)
defe07

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:57:02 AM »

The other day I came up with a plan to reform the Presidential primary system. I was thinking that since there are 436 CDs, this would be divisible by 4 with each primary having 109 CDs up each primary. I suggest that no more than 1/4 of a state's CDs would be up in each primary, so that way the mystery can be held till the end. There were remaining CDs at the end, including the states with 1,2 or 3 CDs plus any other states that had remaining CDs after allocating the CDs in each primary. If CDs are remaining, which were 72 I believe, these would be apportioned at random. Now, to determine which CDs would be up at which time, this could either be determined at random or by having exactly 1/4 of the state's CDs all vote at the same time. What do you guys think? Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies