NY PrimR: Survey USA: Giuliani Leads NY by only 3% as McCain Shoots up to Narly 30%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:40:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NY PrimR: Survey USA: Giuliani Leads NY by only 3% as McCain Shoots up to Narly 30%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY PrimR: Survey USA: Giuliani Leads NY by only 3% as McCain Shoots up to Narly 30%  (Read 813 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:57:53 PM »

New Poll: New York President by Survey USA on 2008-01-10

Summary:
Giuliani:
32%
McCain:
29%
Huckabee:
12%
Romney:
7%
Other:
8%
Undecided:
12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Giuliani 32%

McCain 29%

Romney 7%

Huckabee 12%

Paul 3%

Thompson 5%

Other/Undecided 12%
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »

haha. wow.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »

As awesome as it'd be to see Giuliani get owned in his own home state I still hope he takes it.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »

As I suspected, my vote may matter, after all. 

Here's to the hope that my vote may help deliver New York's 87 delegates for John McCain.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 07:03:01 AM »

Wow. Nail in the coffin, anyone?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »

I never for a second believed Giuliani would even be close to winning.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 12:58:42 AM »

You also thought Edwards was going to win the Democratic nomination up until a few days ago though.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 01:18:59 AM »

You also thought Edwards was going to win the Democratic nomination up until a few days ago though.

After Iowa - I thought Obama (I wasn't able to update my prediction - Central Michigan lost power after a storm).
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »

After Iowa - I thought Obama (I wasn't able to update my prediction - Central Michigan lost power after a storm).

Well, see, that's what did it.  I hope you next think Hillary will win so Obama can take Nevada. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 01:34:27 AM »

I wish I would have saved some of those quotes from people who were adamant that 1) Giuliani's national lead was insurmountable, and 2) momentum wouldn't be that important this time (because people in the rest of the country would suddenly realize that they shouldn't take their cues from IA or NH, even though IA and/or NH have always been important before).

Anyway, after the two major party nominees are known, I'm going to start a thread for "most absurd predictions that didn't pan out".  There's a lot of great material in the archives of this forum to work with, for anyone who wants to do the digging.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 05:55:05 AM »

I wish I would have saved some of those quotes from people who were adamant that 1) Giuliani's national lead was insurmountable, and 2) momentum wouldn't be that important this time (because people in the rest of the country would suddenly realize that they shouldn't take their cues from IA or NH, even though IA and/or NH have always been important before).

Anyway, after the two major party nominees are known, I'm going to start a thread for "most absurd predictions that didn't pan out".  There's a lot of great material in the archives of this forum to work with, for anyone who wants to do the digging.

In all fairness, those who claimed that early momemtum was insurmountable were also proved wrong by the New Hampshire result. If Romney actually comes back and wins Michigan it's furher proof that the momentum crowd was indeed too hung up on 2004 to see things straight.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:12:54 AM »

In all fairness, those who claimed that early momemtum was insurmountable were also proved wrong by the New Hampshire result. If Romney actually comes back and wins Michigan it's furher proof that the momentum crowd was indeed too hung up on 2004 to see things straight.

Well yes, there was a group that said that momentum from Iowa alone would determine everything, but I always thought it was kind of silly to assume that that was necessarily going to happen myself.  All I ever said was that momentum from the early states would be important, and the IA & NH results would have an impact on the rest of the race....and I'd say that it clearly has been, at least so far (McCain is leading and Giuliani is down to 9% nationally in the latest Rasmussen poll for crying out loud).

But anyway, yes, there were some silly predictions from people who said that the winner of Iowa was destined to just win everything.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 09:10:01 AM »

Well yes, there was a group that said that momentum from Iowa alone would determine everything, but I always thought it was kind of silly to assume that that was necessarily going to happen myself.  All I ever said was that momentum from the early states would be important, and the IA & NH results would have an impact on the rest of the race....and I'd say that it clearly has been, at least so far (McCain is leading and Giuliani is down to 9% nationally in the latest Rasmussen poll for crying out loud).

But anyway, yes, there were some silly predictions from people who said that the winner of Iowa was destined to just win everything.

The truth always lie in between I guess. As far as my personal opinion goes I'll note that the Guliani of a few months back was leading nationally, had a lot of money, solid leads in most later states and polling at 3rd in Iowa and 2nd in New Hampshire. The Guliani of today is a different issue. Had McCain not risen and stolen all of Guliani's voters I think Guliani would be much more of a contender now than he is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies