Wyoming Convention Results (R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:11:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Wyoming Convention Results (R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Wyoming Convention Results (R)  (Read 3692 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 12:02:46 AM »

Dang - I was 1 delegate off.  I thought he'd get 7 (58%) instead of 8.

I thought he'd get 9 (75%) instead of 8, so same boat.

But nobody (at least nobody who got both Iowas right) got it right, so nobody gets an advantage.

There were a lot of 30%'s, so I don't think most people understood what would be going on in Wyoming.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 12:05:29 AM »

A huge win for Romney in Wyoming.

Way to go Mitt.

He will carry this momentum into New Hampshire for next Tuesday.

At least Mitt cared enough to visit the state. 

Do you even know what you're typing half the time?

Because obviously the people of New Hampshire were glued to their computer screens just waiting for the Wyoming County Conventions to announce these results.  Romney's "momentum" from this caucus is just about zero.

Sorry, but you're fictional world in which Mitt Romney will win New Hampshire because of his win in the Wyoming caucus doesn't exist.  Iowa is more important, but nice job trying to avoid the truth again.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 01:18:26 AM »

Way to go Mitt.

Because obviously the people of New Hampshire were glued to their computer screens just waiting for the Wyoming County Conventions to announce these results.  Romney's "momentum" from this caucus is just about zero.

Sorry, but you're fictional world in which Mitt Romney will win New Hampshire because of his win in the Wyoming caucus doesn't exist.  Iowa is more important, but nice job trying to avoid the truth again.

I agree - the only way this will matter is if people watch the delegate count, and people doing that are already politically involved for the most part.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »

Way to go Mitt.

My my, aren't we testy today.

I realize full well the impact Wyoming has on New Hampshire, "0".

It never hurts to put in a well deserved plug for your candidate, however.

I know what I'm typing all the time.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 01:21:54 AM »

It's funny how I get the same feeling reading your posts as I get watching your candidate - greasy and insincere.

But I'm glad to know that you weren't providing serious analysis, and instead just "plugging your candidate" with partisan hackery.  Duly noted.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 01:41:58 AM »

It's funny how I get the same feeling reading your posts as I get watching your candidate - greasy and insincere.

But I'm glad to know that you weren't providing serious analysis, and instead just "plugging your candidate" with partisan hackery.  Duly noted.

You have cut me to the quick.

I may never recover from your rude, churlish, and insensitive remarks.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 02:12:32 AM »

Why is it that mere promotion of Mitt Romney's success is instantly written off as shameless and dispicable yet nearly all other candidates are lauded constantly by their often hackish and obsessive supporters?  It's really becoming pathetic that people are banning together under a banner of, "Ooh, ooh!  I hate Mitt Romney too!  Include me!" without once thinking over why exactly they are so adamant in their anti-support of one particular candidate.  I find further humor in the constant citing off polls showing Romney far behind rivals yet if he is so irrelevant, why are people so intimidated by him?

Nice!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 02:17:11 AM »

Why is it that mere promotion of Mitt Romney's success is instantly written off as shameless and dispicable yet nearly all other candidates are lauded constantly by their often hackish and obsessive supporters?  It's really becoming pathetic that people are banning together under a banner of, "Ooh, ooh!  I hate Mitt Romney too!  Include me!" without once thinking over why exactly they are so adamant in their anti-support of one particular candidate.  I find further humor in the constant citing off polls showing Romney far behind rivals yet if he is so irrelevant, why are people so intimidated by him?

Thank you.

Much of what I would like to say, however, I would only be accused, once again, of being a hack, so I am pleased someone, besides myself, made these timely, relevant, and accurate statements.

I would only be opening myself up, yet again, for another childish and vitriolic attack from the insecure and uptight army of Romney haters and fear mongers on this forum.

Not that I mind, of course. 
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 06:14:04 AM »

If I was Romney, I would make big noise about this win.

"Hello, I'm Mitt Romney and I just defeated Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson in Wyoming." Wink

and John Mc Cain and Mike Huckabee.

a small win stays a win.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 06:19:22 AM »

I realize full well the impact Wyoming has on New Hampshire, "0".

Well, since you said "he will carry this momentum into New Hampshire for next Tuesday," I think one can be forgiven for making the wrong conclusion in that case.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 09:28:33 AM »

"Hello, I'm Mitt Romney and I just defeated Duncan Hunter and Fred Thompson in Wyoming." Wink

a small win stays a win.

Neither actually campaigned in WY IIRC.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2008, 10:47:41 AM »

a small win stays a win.

and then? "les absents ont toujours tort"

after wyoming caucus:

Romney: 26 deleguates
Huckabee: 20
Thompson: 6
Mc Cain: 3
Paul: 2
Giuliani: 1
Hunter: 1

it's the most important.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »

after wyoming caucus:

But only for the next two days...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »

I hate Mitt Romney because he is the epitome of everything that is wrong with American politics. He is completely insincere in his beliefs; he completely shifted many political positions to run for president, and just to cover himself, he regularly attacks others about how they "aren't as conservative'' as he is. Not only is it a complete lie, it's also designed completely to foster a negative attitude (which is quite bad). The vibes the man gives off when he speaks make it readily obvious he is not only arrogant and untruthful, but unashamedly power hungry to boot. People with these sorts of characteristics (such as Hillary Clinton) should auotmatically be precluded from becoming president.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »

after wyoming caucus:

There aren't enough delegates in NH for McCain to catch up to Romney.  Romney will keep his delegate lead until at least Michigan.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2008, 11:15:47 AM »

after wyoming caucus:

There aren't enough delegates in NH for McCain to catch up to Romney.  Romney will keep his delegate lead until at least Michigan.

Oh, then only for the next week.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2008, 01:11:06 PM »

I hate Mitt Romney because he is the epitome of everything that is wrong with American politics. He is completely insincere in his beliefs; he completely shifted many political positions to run for president, and just to cover himself, he regularly attacks others about how they "aren't as conservative'' as he is. Not only is it a complete lie, it's also designed completely to foster a negative attitude (which is quite bad). The vibes the man gives off when he speaks make it readily obvious he is not only arrogant and untruthful, but unashamedly power hungry to boot. People with these sorts of characteristics (such as Hillary Clinton) should auotmatically be precluded from becoming president.

As far as Rommey goes, I couldn't have put it better myself

Dave
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »

a small win stays a win.

after wyoming caucus:

it's the most important.

That's great for Romney, but you seemed to have forgotten today is January 6, 2008 and not July 6, 2008.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

Hash, what are you even talking about? Umengus isn't trying to prove a point, he's saying how the Romney campaign could/should spin this.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 06:33:07 PM »

a small win stays a win.

after wyoming caucus:

it's the most important.

Beginning of German article on the NH primary (my translation)

Do you know the winner of the Wyoming primary? No? Well, never mind. Most Americans don't, either.
Last saturday, Republican Mitt Romney won there. Probably mostly due to gratitude: The former governor of Massachusetts was the only serious contender to actually campaign in the state. There were almost as many delegates at stake in Dick Cheney's tiny home state as there are in New Hampshire. Theoretically, therefore, it should have been just as important in the race for the White House.

The reality, of course, is different. The whole world is looking to New Hampshire tonight (...)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies