*Dream* Scenarios
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:55:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  *Dream* Scenarios
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *Dream* Scenarios  (Read 584 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 03, 2008, 07:45:46 PM »

Realistically there are only 3 Democrats with a shot at their nomination and 4 Republicans with a shot at their nomination.

These are Clinton, Obama, and Edwards for the Dems.
And Huckabee, Romney, Giuliani, and McCain for the Repubs.

The rest are dead-in-the-water also rans.

I was thinking about what would be the "dream" scenario for each party.  As in the matchup involving these 4 candidates which would be most likely to produce a winner in that party's favor.

For the Dems I think their dream scenario has got to be Edwards vs Romney.  Edwards is an easy going southerner who has championed individual rights.  Romney is an ex-Massachusetts Governor who jumps all over the place with his positions, was born with the proverbial 'silver spoon', and is kinda creepy.

For the Repubs I think their dream scenario has got to be McCain vs Obama.  It would be easy for Republicans to contrast the difference in experience between the 2.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »

D: Dodd vs. Huckabee
R: McCain vs. Kucinich
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »

My dream scenario is of course Paul vs. Gravel vs. Bloomberg.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 07:53:55 PM »

Realistically there are only 3 Democrats with a shot at their nomination and 4 Republicans with a shot at their nomination.

These are Clinton, Obama, and Edwards for the Dems.
And Huckabee, Romney, Giuliani, and McCain for the Repubs.

The rest are dead-in-the-water also rans.

I was thinking about what would be the "dream" scenario for each party.  As in the matchup involving these 4 candidates which would be most likely to produce a winner in that party's favor.

For the Dems I think their dream scenario has got to be Edwards vs Romney.  Edwards is an easy going southerner who has championed individual rights.  Romney is an ex-Massachusetts Governor who jumps all over the place with his positions, was born with the proverbial 'silver spoon', and is kinda creepy.

For the Repubs I think their dream scenario has got to be McCain vs Obama.  It would be easy for Republicans to contrast the difference in experience between the 2.

For once, we agree. Though I think McCain might have an easier time dealing with Edwards (who is not as strong a GE candidate as he appears, IMO). And if the GOP goes with ROmney I don't think the Democratic candidate would matter much... Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies