The Strange Death of the National Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:04:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Strange Death of the National Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Strange Death of the National Party  (Read 2806 times)
Capey
Rookie
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 03:49:10 PM »

They are traitors. And the better life argument doesn't hold water. It isn't as if they were living in Mongolia. They complain about apartheid all the time and say how the system would be so much better if the blacks were free. Then the blacks become free, and the country gets really bad, so they leave rather than try to work to make thier country a better place. You could NEVER say these people were/are patriotic. I think other countries could provide me with a better life, but I am a patriot and will not leave. If you would move to Britain if you thought it provided a better life than Australia then you are no patriot.

Good lord, this is like saying the Jews were traitors who fled Germany when Hitler came to power, or escapees from behind the Iron Curtain, or boat people from Cuba and Vietnam were traiters.  People have a right to flee ill-governed States to improve their lives.

No it's not! Whites are not suffering from persecution and they have many opportunities to make a good living.
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2004, 04:14:52 PM »

They are traitors. And the better life argument doesn't hold water. It isn't as if they were living in Mongolia. They complain about apartheid all the time and say how the system would be so much better if the blacks were free. Then the blacks become free, and the country gets really bad, so they leave rather than try to work to make thier country a better place. You could NEVER say these people were/are patriotic. I think other countries could provide me with a better life, but I am a patriot and will not leave. If you would move to Britain if you thought it provided a better life than Australia then you are no patriot.

Good lord, this is like saying the Jews were traitors who fled Germany when Hitler came to power, or escapees from behind the Iron Curtain, or boat people from Cuba and Vietnam were traiters.  People have a right to flee ill-governed States to improve their lives.

No it's not! Whites are not suffering from persecution and they have many opportunities to make a good living.

Yes, for now.. but they fear something like what's happened in Zimbabwe occuring in S.A.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 03:23:56 AM »

I just read over this thread and for some reason I can't stop thinking in a south african accent. Even whilst composing this popst in my head i'm doing it in a south african accent. It's one of my best accents, actually, because of the hours of watching test cricket with my dad.

What ever happenned to Capey anyway? He wasn't our only South African either, iirc.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 04:21:28 PM »

Sorry capey, but I am in the rare occassion of agreeing with Opebo and Hugh,

South Africa enjoys many material advantages (location, mineral resources and a better infrastructure than any other county in Africa), unfortunately it suffers from a government determined to negate those advantages.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2006, 02:26:17 AM »

Carl, ya know that this was almost 2 years ago... I think that was Blue Opebo talking Tongue.

I knew something was up when I found myself agreeing with him... Tongue
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »

Yeah, your're right.

I knew something was stronge.

So how do you explain hugh being sensible?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 12:37:11 PM »

Carl, ya know that this was almost 2 years ago... I think that was Blue Opebo talking Tongue.

I knew something was up when I found myself agreeing with him... Tongue
That's intermediate Opebo, actually... Tongue
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 04:58:54 PM »

Yeah, your're right.

I knew something was stronge.

So how do you explain hugh being sensible?

I wan't talking about guns, perhaps? Cheesy

Seriously though, post-204 we've lost a lot of international members, which is a shame. It was good having a S'african.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies