Why is Indiana so conservative anyways? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:50:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why is Indiana so conservative anyways? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is Indiana so conservative anyways?  (Read 25973 times)
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« on: January 03, 2008, 12:11:10 AM »

It's not the Bible Belt though because while conservative and religious, there are few Southern Baptists.

FYI, The Bible Belt doesn't refer to just Southern Baptists. You could make an argument that all the 2004 Bush states are part of the Bible belt, given that moral values were the main issue.

Traditionally, the Bible belt states are the confederate states adding Kentucky and Oklahoma (little Dixie that is), subtracting parts of Florida (Orlando and south of it)
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:08:53 AM »

It's not the Bible Belt though because while conservative and religious, there are few Southern Baptists.

FYI, The Bible Belt doesn't refer to just Southern Baptists. You could make an argument that all the 2004 Bush states are part of the Bible belt, given that moral values were the main issue.

You do know what a "belt" refers to when referring to a geographic area, right?

Traditionally, the Bible belt states are the confederate states adding Kentucky and Oklahoma (little Dixie that is), subtracting parts of Florida (Orlando and south of it)

Correct. Not every religious conservative area. If it is then it's a majority of the country area-wide.

I misused "belt" in my first quotation. I was referring to the media's delegation of the Bush 2004 states as "Jesusland"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies