NC-Rasmussen: Dole leads Hagan by 20
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:42:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC-Rasmussen: Dole leads Hagan by 20
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-Rasmussen: Dole leads Hagan by 20  (Read 1593 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:24:27 AM »

Dole-R: 55%
Hagan-D: 35%

Dole: 58% Favorable - 35% Unfavorable
Hagan: 28% Favorable - 39% Unfavorable

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:00:56 AM »

No way are Dole's favourables that high; I've decided that Rasmussen's formula might lean a little too Republican - like that suspect Colorado poll that showed Schaffer leading Udall and was the only one of its kind.  Dole's approvals are not over 50%, nor is she yet attracting 50% of the vote.  I would say her average approval was about 45%, and she leads Hagan by something like 10% and Neal by 12%-15%, both under 50%. 
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:53:28 AM »

No way are Dole's favourables that high; I've decided that Rasmussen's formula might lean a little too Republican - like that suspect Colorado poll that showed Schaffer leading Udall and was the only one of its kind.  Dole's approvals are not over 50%, nor is she yet attracting 50% of the vote.  I would say her average approval was about 45%, and she leads Hagan by something like 10% and Neal by 12%-15%, both under 50%. 

What are you smoking?  Even a partisan D poll released just the other day (PPP) shows Dole over 50% against both Hagan and Neal.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »

This poll looks a tad Republican, but who cares.  Hagen or Neal are not the type of candidates who can take down Liddy Dole.

But since this is North Carolina, the result will probably end up being around 55-45.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »

I would call Dole leading all candidates (Except Easley), but when did she get that spike in approvals?!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »

I think the closer we get to the election and the more people learn about the cadidates the closer the race will get.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 08:49:19 PM »

I think the closer we get to the election and the more people learn about the cadidates the closer the race will get.

Funny, the opposite seems to be happening.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 06:56:43 AM »

Liddy Dole won't lose re-election in 2008 and by the way the polls are going she'll win big, especially if Hagan and Neal are running. Though if Mike Easely casts his hat into the ring her seat, Liddy's lead will decline drastically and her seat could well end up in the hands of the Democrats for the first time since the days of Everett Jordan.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »

Liddy Dole won't lose re-election in 2008 and by the way the polls are going she'll win big, especially if Hagan and Neal are running. Though if Mike Easely casts his hat into the ring her seat, Liddy's lead will decline drastically and her seat could well end up in the hands of the Democrats for the first time since the days of Everett Jordan.

How would you classify 'big' as a win.  Bigger than the 54%-45% she won by in 2002?  Because that doesn't seem likely to me even with either Hagan or Neal running.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies