Presidential Trivia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:21:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Trivia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 68
Author Topic: Presidential Trivia  (Read 331452 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »

Where did Jimmy Carter spend New Year's Eve of 1978 (1977-8)?  City and host.

Iran.

The shah and his wife were the hosts.

Who was the last democrat that Reagan ever supported in a presidential election? What year did he officially change parties?

Truman in 1948?

I believe he changed parties around 1953-1955.  I know he supported Eisenhower as a Democrat in 1952, but as  a Republican in 1956.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

Iran is not a city.  Smiley  Try again.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2008, 02:16:30 AM »

I believe that Reagan officially left the Democratic Party in 1962 and he last supported Harry S. Truman in his campaign for the Presidency of the United States.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »

Just a statement on the Reagan question. Many of you are close to the right answer, some are not.

The true information is...

The last democrat that Reagan supported nationally was Harry Truman in the 1948 election. He supported Eisenhower in 1952 and again in 1956. He endorsed and worked for Richard Nixon in 1960, not Kennedy, as Warner for Senate "knew" that he supported Kennedy in 1960. This was not true.

Reagan officially switched parties in 1962.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2008, 08:18:01 AM »

Just a statement on the Reagan question. Many of you are close to the right answer, some are not.

The last democrat that Reagan supported nationally was Harry Truman in the 1948 election. He supported Eisenhower in 1952 and again in 1956. He endorsed and worked for Richard Nixon in 1960, not Kennedy, as Warner for Senate "knew" that he supported Kennedy in 1960. This was not true.

I never said I knew the answer.  I guessed, like I do on most of these.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »

Well the point is that you were wrong.

Anyone who knows a good amount of information on Presidential politics and history would know that Reagan supported Nixon in 1960, and not Kennedy. What does that say about your knowledge of Presidential politics and history.

And, why would Reagan support Kennedy after he supported Eisenhower in the past two elections up to that point. It is more logical that he would support Nixon. Use your brain.

I apologize for not knowing every candidate that that senile old grandfather supported in every Presidential election.  I was unaware that he supported Eisenhower, so i figured he would support Kennedy.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2008, 08:29:49 AM »

Anyone who knows a good amount of information on Presidential politics and history would know that Reagan supported Nixon in 1960, and not Kennedy. What does that say about your knowledge of Presidential politics and history.

And, why would Reagan support Kennedy after he supported Eisenhower in the past two elections up to that point. It is more logical that he would support Nixon. Use your brain.

I apologize for not knowing every candidate that that senile old grandfather supported in every Presidential election.  I was unaware that he supported Eisenhower, so i figured he would support Kennedy.

Do you even read the posts. I said that he supported Eisenhower.

You said that after I answered.  Shouldn't you be in school right now?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »

You two fight over the dumbest things.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2008, 08:35:19 AM »

Oh, do not talk to me like you are my father and I am your son.

You should be in school right now. Mine is out for sickness.

I am in school (I'm failing the class, wonder why?)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2008, 08:38:17 AM »

Just because you are failing the class does not mean that you should be doing political commentary during school. Does your teacher know that you are doing this right now or are you deliberately disobeying your teacher by doing what you are doing on the computer right now?

The latter.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2008, 08:43:29 AM »

Just because you are failing the class does not mean that you should be doing political commentary during school. Does your teacher know that you are doing this right now or are you deliberately disobeying your teacher by doing what you are doing on the computer right now?

The latter.

You should not be doing that. No wonder you are failing the class. By the way, what school in Virgina do you attend?

Williamsburg Middle School, home of the Wolves!  Benjamin A. Constine, President.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »

WHAT???

May I ask what school do you attend Mr. Porter, considering this thread has turned into some stupid argument about who Reagan supported in 1952.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »

Oh yeah that reminds me I got that question right. Though I think it's JJ's turn to ask a question. Go ahead.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2008, 07:19:43 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2008, 07:27:39 PM by J. J. »

Oh yeah that reminds me I got that question right. Though I think it's JJ's turn to ask a question. Go ahead.

I'm running out of questions.

This man wrote FDR requesting samples of US money, but didn't any, and still hasn't.  Who is he?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #389 on: February 15, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »

The latter.

I did that three times last week! In a class in which I had an F halfway through second quarter! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2008, 07:59:33 PM »

This man wrote FDR requesting samples of US money, but didn't any, and still hasn't.  Who is he?

Ellie Wiesel?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »

Ellie Wiesel?

No.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »

Fidel Castro?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2008, 08:08:01 PM »

Right.  Here is the letter:

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #394 on: February 15, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »

How many Presidents have failed to graduate from College?
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2008, 01:19:14 AM »

How many Presidents have failed to graduate from College?

Andrew Jackson
William Harrison (attended college but never received a degree)
Zachary Taylor
Millard Fillmore
Abraham Lincoln
Andrew Johnson
Grover Cleveland
Harry Truman – went to law school but did not receive a degree

How many Presidents have received Electoral Votes in 3 or more elections?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2008, 01:23:56 AM »

Andrew Jackson, Grover Cleveland, FDR and Reagan?
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2008, 02:14:14 AM »

There are actually a few more.
I'll tell you there are TEN, you've got 4 of them. Name the other 6
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2008, 02:16:51 AM »

Are you including EV's for vice president?
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2008, 02:19:25 AM »

Are you including EV's for vice president?
No, only EV's for President; which remember before 1824, ALL EV's were counted for Pres.

I'll give you George Washington, as he retired from office but still got 2 EV's in the 1796 election.
5 more
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies