Why it doesnt really matter.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:51:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Why it doesnt really matter.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why it doesnt really matter.  (Read 1044 times)
Floridude
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2004, 08:32:07 PM »

Ok, the news is pretty lousy today for me and the rest of the Bush supporters, but im not as worry as I could be.  For one, as meaningless as it sounds, the unemployment rate fell.  Hear me out.  News reports will say both that the economy added a meager 32,000 jobs, and that unemployment rate fell to 5.5%.  I have a hypothesis that alot of voters will think that the fall in unemployment rate means the economy is doing well(at least the uninformed votors)

That said, alot of people are thinking the lousy poll numbers for Bush are a result of some policy decision or some mistake.  Of course it was nothing more than a bounce, and probably a temporary one for Kerry.

I cant wait for the olympics.  its going to take focus away from politics until........da da da, the republican convention.  

Im not going to worry about being behind in the polls until after labor day.
Shira

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 08:41:39 PM »

Does someone remember what were Dukakis numbers  one week after the Dem convention in 1988 ?
ijohn57s

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 09:06:41 PM »

It's the difference in the business survey and the household survey. The household survey shows a gain of 629,000 jobs. It's on the Labor Department website.
mddem2004

Political Matrix
E: -6.38, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 09:10:22 PM »

Bush has no growing room with the electorate in my view. People will not vote for him based on some kind of "vision" thing put forth from the GOP convention, their gonna, as with all incumbants, vote on what they've seen and his record, which is why this report today IS important.

In a race where there are only about 6% undecided and the challenger is ahead by a couple of points, for an incumbant, IMHO, people ain't buying what he's selling.....
(ie ....we've turned the corner on the economy"....)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 09:41:16 PM »

Does someone remember what were Dukakis numbers  one week after the Dem convention in 1988 ?

I don't know when the date of the convention was, but here you go:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies