Which party has changed more
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:44:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which party has changed more
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: From their roots
Democrats

Republicans

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Which party has changed more  (Read 10353 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »

So you don't hate big business who hires Illegals but the immigrants themselves. This is ignorant. If you were a substience farmer in Mexico who wanted to have his family live better would you move to America, or stay in Mexico because you wanted to be a law abiding citizen.
I actually want to build a border fence but what is so bad about letting the ones already here be citizens? Why should we deport them like they are common criminals when they commit less crimes per person than the average America?
While I agree that people should be citizens or deported that their current status is ridiculous.  I propose the following, trying to stay w/Mexico's immigration laws:
You can become an American citizen but you must have a steady job and pay back taxes in excessive of $500,000.  If you cannot meet this within one year you are deported.  Pretty simple and fair if you ask me, I mean I wouldn't want a double standard.  In fact, this is nothing compared to Mexico's policy
That idea has some virtues, but is stupid. If you are a poor worker, getting paid minnimum wage how could you pay over 500$ in a year without starving to death? And the steady job part hurts many.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aWQjyiOOHB0
I checked the facts and they are correct, if anything it points out hypocrisy
That was disgusting. Limbaugh is a Xenophobic, Rascist. If the illegal immigrants were Canadian, and knew English he would not give a damn and if they were Conservative, instead of Leftist he would not care either.
It is Human Rights Limbaugh, not Citizen's Rights. Everyone has these rights, and as it says in the Constitution. "Every human has the right of Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness".
Even Illegal Immigrants, Muslims, and Gays have these rights Limbaugh. Same with drug addicts, no wait, you used to hate them but you don't because you are one.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »

The Democrats, from racism to racial equality.
You do mean overt racism to closet racism correct?

There is no closet racism in our party.

LOL.  Keep telling yourself that buddy.
WTF!? I am an Mexican-American Democrat, and I take offense to this. There is not ONE RASCIST in the Democratic Party. Not one. The Republicans have been the party of Rascism since Strom Thurmond and others joined the Republicans. "Rascist" Democrats such as Byrd, said they supported Equal Rights for blacks long before it became popular.
Oh yeah and to those that say, that we are rascist because we wish to help African-Americans get better jobs, and standing in life get a fricken grip. We want to do the same to Whites and anyone who is poor.
I think you would hard pressed to prove there are no racists in the Democratic party, that is really broad generalization.  Republicans are the party of not making race an issue, Democrats love to bring it up to stir up the base and convince minorties Republicans are waiting with guns to take their homes at any minute.  They inspire race in minorities which is worse than anything Republicans do

That is what 90% of Republicans would do if given the chance.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 10:17:22 PM »

There is no closet racism in our party.

LOL.  Keep telling yourself that buddy.
WTF!? I am an Mexican-American Democrat, and I take offense to this. There is not ONE RASCIST in the Democratic Party. Not one. The Republicans have been the party of Rascism since Strom Thurmond and others joined the Republicans. "Rascist" Democrats such as Byrd, said they supported Equal Rights for blacks long before it became popular.
Oh yeah and to those that say, that we are rascist because we wish to help African-Americans get better jobs, and standing in life get a fricken grip. We want to do the same to Whites and anyone who is poor.
I think you would hard pressed to prove there are no racists in the Democratic party, that is really broad generalization.  Republicans are the party of not making race an issue, Democrats love to bring it up to stir up the base and convince minorties Republicans are waiting with guns to take their homes at any minute.  They inspire race in minorities which is worse than anything Republicans do

That is what 90% of Republicans would do if given the chance.
It seems like it sometimes, but I think that most Republicans are not Racists in any way. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »

DWDL, are you seriously saying that Democrats are the party that bring up race to stir up the base? Are you aware of what the Southern Strategy is? Reagan's dog whistle campaigning in the South? The realignment of the 60s and 70s of Southern Democrats to Republicans was precisely because the Republicans were exploiting the white backlash against civil rights.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 11:51:14 PM »

EMD, there's only one s in racist.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »

So you don't hate big business who hires Illegals but the immigrants themselves. This is ignorant. If you were a substience farmer in Mexico who wanted to have his family live better would you move to America, or stay in Mexico because you wanted to be a law abiding citizen.
I actually want to build a border fence but what is so bad about letting the ones already here be citizens? Why should we deport them like they are common criminals when they commit less crimes per person than the average America?
While I agree that people should be citizens or deported that their current status is ridiculous.  I propose the following, trying to stay w/Mexico's immigration laws:
You can become an American citizen but you must have a steady job and pay back taxes in excessive of $500,000.  If you cannot meet this within one year you are deported.  Pretty simple and fair if you ask me, I mean I wouldn't want a double standard.  In fact, this is nothing compared to Mexico's policy
That idea has some virtues, but is stupid. If you are a poor worker, getting paid minnimum wage how could you pay over 500$ in a year without starving to death? And the steady job part hurts many.
That was disgusting. Limbaugh is a Xenophobic, Rascist. If the illegal immigrants were Canadian, and knew English he would not give a damn and if they were Conservative, instead of Leftist he would not care either.
It is Human Rights Limbaugh, not Citizen's Rights. Everyone has these rights, and as it says in the Constitution. "Every human has the right of Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness".
Even Illegal Immigrants, Muslims, and Gays have these rights Limbaugh. Same with drug addicts, no wait, you used to hate them but you don't because you are one.
What the hell do gays and Muslims have to do with illegal immigrants?

DWDL, are you seriously saying that Democrats are the party that bring up race to stir up the base? Are you aware of what the Southern Strategy is? Reagan's dog whistle campaigning in the South? The realignment of the 60s and 70s of Southern Democrats to Republicans was precisely because the Republicans were exploiting the white backlash against civil rights.
I am talking modern day, the Democrats constantly are playing the race card and telling people whites are out to get them.

Ex. Cynthia McKinney, Imus Scandal, Jena Six, etc
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 06:54:06 PM »

What the hell do gays and Muslims have to do with illegal immigrants?

I am talking modern day, the Democrats constantly are playing the race card and telling people whites are out to get them.

Ex. Cynthia McKinney, Imus Scandal, Jena Six, etc

Cynthia McKinney is a nut, and now a member of the Green Party; Imus said something terrible about a group of college girls; and the Jena Six truly was unfair.  The Democrats do not constantly play the race card, but we do stand for racial equality, which apparently the GOP cannot stand to see.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2007, 06:56:08 PM »

Cynthia McKinney is a nut, and now a member of the Green Party; Imus said something terrible about a group of college girls; and the Jena Six truly was unfair.  The Democrats do not constantly play the race card, but we do stand for racial equality, which apparently the GOP cannot stand to see.

http://www.dictionary.com/hack
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »

haha, try actually responding to what I said.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2007, 07:02:52 PM »

I have, you have done nothing except keep retorting that "90% of Republicans are racists" and Democrats and pure and divine.  You obviously cannot see people and only your party as a divine entity incapable of wrong.  When was the last time you saw a Republican play the race card? 
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2007, 07:06:16 PM »

I have, you have done nothing except keep retorting that "90% of Republicans are racists" and Democrats and pure and divine.  You obviously cannot see people and only your party as a divine entity incapable of wrong.  When was the last time you saw a Republican play the race card? 
The thing is that they never condemn rascism, because they see it as "pandering". This is not rascist, but stupid.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »

I do not see my party as incapable of wrong; we were wrong for our first 100 years of existance, and we have been wrong since, but the GOP is the party that is trying to deny people equal rights, expecially gays and immigrants.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

There are racists in all parties. Obviously.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:55 PM »

Obviously.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2007, 09:25:52 PM »

Amazing I must find myself in agreement with Al
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2007, 11:25:38 PM »

WTF!? I am an Mexican-American Democrat, and I take offense to this. There is not ONE RASCIST in the Democratic Party. Not one.

Wow, you really are a dreamer.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 11:45:05 PM »

WTF!? I am an Mexican-American Democrat, and I take offense to this. There is not ONE RASCIST in the Democratic Party. Not one.

Okay maybe around like 50. lol.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 11:44:55 AM »

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 08:54:24 PM »

The Democrats. I cannot comprehend while more people has voted for the Republicans. The Republicans of the 1850s would find at least SOME common ground with the Republicans of today. The Democrats of the same era would find little to nothing in common with today's Democrats. Minority issues, gender issues, the economy, civil war, etc.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »

The GOP has gone from being a center-right political party in the 1960s to a cadre party... about half-totalitarian with a very ugly fascist streak.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 10:50:27 PM »

Okay maybe around like 50. lol.

As a Hispanic-Republican I take offense to you claiming the Dems only have 50 racists.

Actually, I'm not offended. I just think you need to open your eyes much, much wider. A huge chunk of the Dems are racist, and I'm not pointing the finger at any one "race" within it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 04:49:10 AM »

It depends since when. Democrats changed a lot since the Civil War, finishing to fight against the segregation they endorsed for decades. However, the evolution of the Republican Party, from the original liberal movement to the current ultraconservative-religious block, is the more impressive.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »

Democrats have changed more overall, though Republicans have changed more in proportion to to the rest of society.
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2009, 02:53:36 PM by MASSHOLE »

There is no closet racism in our party.  We are the party of racial equality, while the GOP is the party of the rich and white.

haha! The Dems are the only party that make race an issue, while the GOP tries to treat people on equal footing, meaning that no one gets preferential treatment.

the fact that the GOP opposes affirmative action has nothing to do with people being an equal footing, the number one reason why I hear republicans oppose affirmative action is that think its anti white discrimination,which of course is completely ridiculous how can there be discrimination against white people in country that is 80% percent white. they can't stand the fact that GOD FORBID  a black person get something they they didn't. even if it has almost no effect on them personally.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies