Membership Thread-- Post Bios Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:17:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Membership Thread-- Post Bios Here (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Membership Thread-- Post Bios Here  (Read 18695 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: November 21, 2007, 03:37:19 PM »

Can I get in on this, or has that ship sailed?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 12:35:02 AM »

Since I'm playing catchup, you think you could give me like the general idea of how things work, so that I might get everything down... PM me if you need.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 12:18:59 AM »

Ok, I've poked around alot, and I hope I've gotten the general idea down. If I've made any mistakes, let me know...

Name: Egbert Dudley

Province of Birth: Alberton, New Ulster

Ethnic Background: Scotts-English

Religion: No Denomination... Agnostic leanings

Political stance: Progressive Civil Libertarian

Party: Antillian Labour Party

Background:
Born in Februrary of 1978 to a Scottish father and English mother in the capital of Antillia, Egbert Dudley, named for his great-grandfather, who was also a political leader, grew up with a strong sense of duty for country. Dudley became active in politics just before entering University. Feeling that it was unfair that young workers could not afford college education, he joined the ALP. His strong civil libertarian streak is outside of the ALP's social sphere, but his primary interest has been economics, which fit in with the ALP's working class traditions.

Graduating school, he began his trek into local politics by winning elections until running for Parliament. Trailing a Progressive Conservative near the end of the campaign, the charismatic Dudley became a hero of the lower class with his "Hard Times" speech. Probably aimed for national exposure, the "Hard Times" speech was aimed at working class, and lower middle class individuals, as it hit on the subjects of poverty and the beleaguered nation's constitutional issues.

Dudley's charisma and his family's past history of service are his most valuable assets, and his main weakness is never having held a legislative office, and is thus new to the inner workings of Parliamentary procedure.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies