Rasmussen: McCain and Romney catching up with Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:01:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen: McCain and Romney catching up with Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: McCain and Romney catching up with Clinton  (Read 2964 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:35:48 AM »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Arizona Senator John McCain has fallen nearly out of the top tier in the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination, but he’s still competitive in a general election match-up with Senator Hillary Clinton. The latest Rasmussen Reports survey shows Clinton with just a single point edge over McCain, 44% to 43%.

McCain also trailed Clinton by just one percentage point in September and by two points in August. Those consistent results put McCain in a more competitive position at this time than any other Republican hopeful.

The new survey shows Clinton with a 47% to 41% lead over former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Clinton has led Romney every time we’ve polled this match-up. In September, she had a nine-point advantage.

Hillary Clinton is now viewed favorably by 54%, John McCain by 45% and Mitt Romney by 41%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008_clinton_vs_mccain_romney
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

I think Democrats are in for a big shock when they wake up on November 3rd 2008
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »

Delusional Democrats who assume a sweeping victory in 2008, maybe. Most Democrats have been chastened by defeat and are unlikely to take anything for granted.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 05:41:09 PM »

The shock will be that they only have one more day of campaigning to do before the election of November 4th, 2008.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »

Obama and Edwards both do better against McCain. Edwards does better against Romney.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/favorables/election_2008_republican_candidates_running_in_2008_presidential_election
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 08:23:18 PM »

To say that a one-term joke like John Edwards is the most electable Democrat for President and Commander in Chief for the 2008 presidential election is indeed SCARY, and says everything you need to know about the current Democratic field.  The Dems are delusional.

Oh well, I guess you should have listened to people like me from the very beginning saying that Hillary, Obama and Edwards were simply unacceptable.

I'll guess we'll just wait and see who has the last laugh in November 2008, now won't we?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 12:32:37 AM »

To say that a one-term joke like John Edwards is the most electable Democrat for President and Commander in Chief for the 2008 presidential election is indeed SCARY, and says everything you need to know about the current Democratic field.  The Dems are delusional.

Oh well, I guess you should have listened to people like me from the very beginning saying that Hillary, Obama and Edwards were simply unacceptable.

I'll guess we'll just wait and see who has the last laugh in November 2008, now won't we?

When the Democrat is elected I imagine you'll stop posting here.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »

Yea, and there are more acceptable Republicans.  I Bush clone, a massachusets flipflopping Mormon, a mayor of new york whos only claim to fame is being mayor during 9/11, and a lazy senator turned actor.  I just can't wait for one of these idiots to run.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies