10/9/07 CNBC/MSNBC/WSJ Republican Debate (First with Fred Thompson)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:54:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  10/9/07 CNBC/MSNBC/WSJ Republican Debate (First with Fred Thompson)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 10/9/07 CNBC/MSNBC/WSJ Republican Debate (First with Fred Thompson)  (Read 3379 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 12:03:43 AM »

I thought this was Guiliani's night followed by Romney, though that gaffe could come back to haunt him.  Of the major candidates, Huckabee came in a mediocre third place and McCain did seem like he was either angry, tired, or just plain not there.  He had to ask her to repeat the question several times.  Paul was trying to build his case for a libertarian run, IMHO.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »

Unfortunately I only caught about a half hour of it! Giuliani seemed to just pick on other people instead of actually say anything - and of course had another sick cheap mentioning of 9/11 from what little I saw. That man really is vile. I was sickened by most of the candidates so eager to drill in ANWR, etc...

I think Romney did best. I hope he wins the nomination, too, since he'll be easy to beat in the general. Smiley
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »

It also looks like the GOP debates drew in over 2.2 million viewers, which is twice the amount of viewers that the Dem debates have been generating.

I attribute this to the GOP field being much more dynamic & interesting, with higher quality candidates. 

You already know what Shillary, Edwards, Obama and the rest of the lightweights are going to say, and it looks like America is already tuning them out!  lol
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »

It also looks like the GOP debates drew in over 2.2 million viewers, which is twice the amount of viewers that the Dem debates have been generating.

I attribute this to the GOP field being much more dynamic & interesting, with higher quality candidates. 

You already know what Shillary, Edwards, Obama and the rest of the lightweights are going to say, and it looks like America is already tuning them out!  lol

We all know television ratings = votes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 06:14:09 PM »

It looks like Romney is losing the spin war to Giuliani on his "attorney" comments.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »

Dammit! I was sincerely hoping that Thompson couldn't name the Prime Minister of Canada Sad That would've been a great Daily Show moment right there.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies