Office of the Attorney General [Hashemite]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Attorney General [Hashemite]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of the Attorney General [Hashemite]  (Read 5670 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2007, 08:29:31 PM »
« edited: December 24, 2007, 08:46:05 AM by Attorney General Hashemite »

Office of Attorney General Hashemite

Fellow citizens,

My office has finally gotten together after unpacking all the boxes from Alexandria! I am officially your Attorney General until my term expires. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact me through PM, if I am not responding to one of your requested patents, copyrights, and trademarks, please contact me through PM or through other IM means indicated under my avatar.

Please note that the patents, copyrights, and trademarks office is now here.

Thank you,

Hashemite (Green Liberal Party [National Liberal Coalition]-Virginia)
Attorney General
Former Mideast Lieutenant Governor
Chairman of the Democratic Centre
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 08:47:21 AM »

An investigation has been opened by the Attorney General's office into the legality of "Jessica Walterstein" as per the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, Section 1.

Hashemite
Attorney General
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 11:18:01 AM »

The Attorney General is ready to release his thought about the legality of Jessica Walterstein's registration as per the F.L. 15-1: Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, Section 1 Clauses 1-3

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does not apply here, being from "user to user". So far, J. Walterstein has not made any obvious actions that would hint that she is impersonating another user.

There is insufficent proof to find that J. Walterstein has hacked Mike Naso's account without his permission. The Attorney General's office asks for release of proof on this issue.

J. Walterstein's registration as a voter using the same account as another member, Mike Naso is a violation of Clause 3 in the Attorney General's eyes. Naso and J. Walterstein cannot legally be registered as two separate voters under the same account. If it is proven that J. Walterstein is indeed Mike Naso then J. Walterstein's registration would be considered as "a the creation of identities other than ones primary identity in Atlasia".

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 11:43:21 AM »

Mr. Attorney General, wouldn't her registration simply replace Naso's old registration?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 02:31:47 PM »

Mr. Attorney General, wouldn't her registration simply replace Naso's old registration?

But I don't think she intended her registration to supersede Naso's registratiob because she argues she is not Naso.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »

But I don't think she intended her registration to supersede Naso's registratiob because she argues she is not Naso.

Nevertheless, since Naso is inactive and this is Naso's account, I think it should replace Naso's registration.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 03:04:38 PM »

The Attorney General is ready to release his thought about the legality of Jessica Walterstein's registration as per the F.L. 15-1: Consolidated Criminal Justice Act, Section 1 Clauses 1-3

Does not apply here, being from "user to user". So far, J. Walterstein has not made any obvious actions that would hint that she is impersonating another user.

There is insufficent proof to find that J. Walterstein has hacked Mike Naso's account without his permission. The Attorney General's office asks for release of proof on this issue.

J. Walterstein's registration as a voter using the same account as another member, Mike Naso is a violation of Clause 3 in the Attorney General's eyes. Naso and J. Walterstein cannot legally be registered as two separate voters under the same account. If it is proven that J. Walterstein is indeed Mike Naso then J. Walterstein's registration would be considered as "a the creation of identities other than ones primary identity in Atlasia".
Given that s/he is using the same account, I have trouble following you here. It's not as s/he could cast two votes in any one election.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 08:24:20 PM »

I alter my judgment on clause 3, I would ask the DoFA to take J. Walterstein's registration just as a new registration for Naso's account. I see no reason for any law suit for the registration.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 03:41:46 AM »

I alter my judgment on clause 3, I would ask the DoFA to take J. Walterstein's registration just as a new registration for Naso's account. I see no reason for any law suit for the registration.

I would like to commend the Attorney General for a good investigation!  Shouldn't you be on vacation like the rest of the government?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 11:36:57 AM »

Also, please note, if anybody has any further proof or evidence that this registration could possibly violate statute, please PM me.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 06:36:28 AM »

Mr Attorney,

I have strong reason to believe that a criminal act is being committed in this case.

After some research the moderators have determined Jessica Walterstein is in fact Keystone Phil. Keystone Phil is already registered on the voter rolls and in registering Jessica also has created a dual registration for himself.

Prosecute the bitch. THE BITCH.

Peter
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 06:47:32 AM »

I can confirm that the SoFA has been informed of the above developments.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 07:49:13 AM »

I would need proof of such accusations before continuing
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 09:32:02 AM »

So what's being done? If Phil basically stole Naso's password, I suppose this is a pretty serious breach of Dave's terms of use as well as Atlasian law?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 10:03:33 AM »

I would need proof of such accusations before continuing

The assertion of the Peter, I would suggest is evidence enough to allow for you to bring the case for the court's attention. Peter and other Moderators aware of these matters could be called as witnesses during the trial as and when necessary.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 06:05:06 PM »

So what's being done? If Phil basically stole Naso's password, I suppose this is a pretty serious breach of Dave's terms of use as well as Atlasian law?

I will state again, for the record, that the password was not stolen.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »

BURN THE SHEMALE AT THE STAKE!!!!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 08:16:10 PM »

The Attorney General wishes all Atlasians a happy new year 2008! Have fun in the new year!

Attorney General Hashemite
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 03:04:13 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2008, 03:08:50 PM by TCash101 »

I will state again, for the record, that the password was not stolen.

The TOS states the password is not to be given out except to a site administrator; it also saysno one should access another's account for ANY reason. It doesn't really matter if it was stolen or not. Of course, that's for the site, not necessarily Atlasia.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »

Walterstein did register to vote, but it's extremely unlikely that she will actually vote. But in any case, Naso's account has two registrations in Atlasia.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »

Walterstein did register to vote, but it's extremely unlikely that she will actually vote. But in any case, Naso's account has two registrations in Atlasia.
No. That's impossible. Essentially, Naso merely changed his party to independent and used the name "Jessica Walterstein" in a post in the register thread.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »

No. That's impossible. Essentially, Naso merely changed his party to independent and used the name "Jessica Walterstein" in a post in the register thread.

Oh yes, excuse me. I'm too tired today to think straight.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 03:17:16 PM »

If it was Naso, he would've merely changed his registration, but as it was Phil, this gave Phil a dual registration, which is clearly illegal.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »

If it was Naso, he would've merely changed his registration, but as it was Phil, this gave Phil a dual registration, which is clearly illegal.
Yes... that's why he might get sued by the Republic of Atlasia. But that's the AG's job, not mine. All that I care about is that Naso now has his account back. Of course, that leaves the question of whether Naso's switch from Republican to Independent is valid (probably not), but it's a very minor detail really. It would be more relevant if Phil had also moved Naso to another state.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »

Mr Attorney,

Will you be continuing with the prosecution against Keystone Phil?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies